Irc And Branded License

Wouter

Question

Dear Blesta users,

Is there any IRC server/channel where Blesta users/developers are in? This would be awesome and make Blesta so much more fun to use and support. 

After that: I'm may buy a unbranded license when 4.1 is out (cuz the domain management is really important for my company), but is for a branded license also allowed to have something on all your pages that sates that we're a proud user of Blesta (instead of the copyright things)? On this way I could support Blesta, without the extra costs.

Thanks,

Wouter van Os

13 answers to this question

Oh, darn - a year later, I'm still interested when Blesta 4.1 makes it (with domain management). I'm still a big fan of IRC (now the chat is gone too), but unfortunately I haven't received a reply yet on my other question:

Is it okay to trade the copyright blesta in a branded license, to a "We're a proud user of Blesta" in the footer for example?

26 minutes ago, Wouter said:

Is it okay to trade the copyright blesta in a branded license, to a "We're a proud user of Blesta" in the footer for example?

Officially, you'd need an unbranded license to do that. Reason being is that we could get a lot of requests for what would be acceptable to change it to with a branded license. So with a branded license, officially, it should be unchanged. With that said, if you do change it to that, it's not likely anyone is going to complain.

21 hours ago, Paul said:

Officially, you'd need an unbranded license to do that. Reason being is that we could get a lot of requests for what would be acceptable to change it to with a branded license. So with a branded license, officially, it should be unchanged. With that said, if you do change it to that, it's not likely anyone is going to complain.

Awesome, thanks for your reply.

16 hours ago, Adam said:

Perhaps use Slack instead?

-Adam

I wouldn't prefer Slack, just because I rather not have a single account for each community I'm in. The same reason I'm still using IRC for FOSS software, which mostly already moved to Slack but still have an IRC bridge running. 

7 hours ago, Wouter said:

Awesome, thanks for your reply.

I wouldn't prefer Slack, just because I rather not have a single account for each community I'm in. The same reason I'm still using IRC for FOSS software, which mostly already moved to Slack but still have an IRC bridge running. 

Do you use Discord?