Move From Whmcs To Blesta

PPYRO

Question

Hello everyone c:

I'm really tempted to move to Blesta from WHMCS for my business. WHMCS is slow, very buggy and breaks all the time plus I've been hearing great things about Blesta lately. I've checked through BillingBrawl which also made me even more tempted to switch.

Currently my business consists of web design and then hosting the sites that I've built. I need to use a billing platform to manage the hosting costs and cost of the development afterwards. I use CPanel & WHM to host the sites (using another webhost) and would like to take PayPal, Bitcoin and cards as payment options.

I have a few questions though. 

• How hard is it to move from WHMCS to Blesta?
  • I don't want duplicate emails being sent for invoices while I'm still setting stuff up so is there a way to stop this?
  • How does integration work? Like can you do direct product links like in WHMCS to add a product to your cart?
  • Is there a way to make it so people have to apply for accounts? I don't want to give hosting to everyone, only the people who buy a website from me.
  • Is it possible to manually create accounts and send the login to the new user's email?
  • How well does the CPanel integration and Virtualizor / SolusVM integration work?
  • Can I add custom charges, for example: Billing for a new part on a website or the website it's self?
  • Can SSL certificates be automatically distributed?
  • Are there any general tips and tricks for making Blesta better to use?

Thanks for the help guys, looking forward to reading your answers c:

5 answers to this question

How hard is it to move from WHMCS to Blesta?

Pretty easy you can find out more here: http://whmcsrefugees.com

I don't want duplicate emails being sent for invoices while I'm still setting stuff up so is there a way to stop this?

Disable the cron task or the cron job completely.

How does integration work? Like can you do direct product links like in WHMCS to add a product to your cart?

Integrations you can see: Blesta Integration 3.3.x (Advanced)

Direct urls: How can I get a direct URL to a package?

Is there a way to make it so people have to apply for accounts? I don't want to give hosting to everyone, only the people who buy a website from me.

You can disable the portal and then give people you want the direct url to the order form.

Is it possible to manually create accounts and send the login to the new user's email?

Yes you can add the service manually or let them order and then manually approve the order which will only make the account after you've accepted it.

How well does the CPanel integration and Virtualizor / SolusVM integration work?

cPanel and SolusVM modules are made by Blesta themselves, so they work fine, the Virtualizor module I've heard mixed opinions on the forum and it's managed by Virtualizor so they have to fix and help you with it.

cPanel docs: https://docs.blesta.com/display/user/cPanel

SolusVM docs: https://docs.blesta.com/display/user/SolusVM

SolusVM doesn't have a map for the WHMCS importer yet but if you want it I can help you migrate with the plugin Mujahed did.

Can I add custom charges, for example: Billing for a new part on a website or the website it's self?

You can edit to the invoices, or make an addon package or use your own module / API to create custom invoice lines.

Can SSL certificates be automatically distributed?

Sorry I'm not sure what you mean by that.

Are there any general tips and tricks for making Blesta better to use?

That depends what you are looking for and what you would like out of Blesta, there's PauloV's order forms, Naja7Host's Admin tools, etc.

I have installed a Blesta trial and am trying to move from the same software as the original poster specifically version 5.2.4

After running the importer routine several times now and searching through the forums am I right in coming to the conclusion that the Blesta Import Manager does not import domain names? Clients and invoices have come in OK, and hosting package names without pricing, but no domain names and no error messages.

The domains I am trying to import are either in enom or the generic email registrar module.

I set up enom in Blesta and have run the installer a few times and nothing. I tried setting up a few TLDs packages in Blesta also.

Can the Blesta Import Manager import enom or "email/no registrar" domain names from WHMCS?

If it is possible how does one do this?

I have installed a Blesta trial and am trying to move from the same software as the original poster specifically version 5.2.4

After running the importer routine several times now and searching through the forums am I right in coming to the conclusion that the Blesta Import Manager does not import domain names? Clients and invoices have come in OK, and hosting package names without pricing, but no domain names and no error messages.

The domains I am trying to import are either in enom or the generic email registrar module.

I set up enom in Blesta and have run the installer a few times and nothing. I tried setting up a few TLDs packages in Blesta also.

Can the Blesta Import Manager import enom or "email/no registrar" domain names from WHMCS?

If it is possible how does one do this?

It only imports domains to the domain registrar module if the map is done otherwise they go to the universal module.

You can find maps in: /plugins/import_manager/components/migrators/whmcs/5.2/config/

There's no Enom map I can help but you will need to show me your WHMCS admin area (Settings for products and a service with a client) on teamviewer or something as I've not got an installation to get the variables you need for the map.

It only imports domains to the domain registrar module if the map is done otherwise they go to the universal module.

You can find maps in: /plugins/import_manager/components/migrators/whmcs/5.2/config/

There's no Enom map I can help but you will need to show me your WHMCS admin area (Settings for products and a service with a client) on teamviewer or something as I've not got an installation to get the variables you need for the map.

Appreciate the offer! If I sent you login info as a client with several enom and generic domains in the account would that help?

I am getting a bit worried though because I just read that for the domain names that I will need to set to the Universal Module will have no whois check when a client is ordering them? This would be a show stopper as there isn't a Blesta module for our secondary domain supplier we use for specific affordable TLDs. I would be happy to continue to register these manually but if there is no whois look up for the client it is totally not going to work.

I found this https://github.com/NETLINK/Blesta-UniversalDomains but it doesn't appear to function and has calls for include files that do not seem to exist.

I might have to wait until Blesta version 4.1 by the look of it. Sad as I like what I see of Blesta and have spent the last 24 hours customising however the domain thing is a killer. If the system allowed a whois lookup for generic domain registration I could manage that but I can't see myself contacting clients letting them know the domain they ordered is not available!

Really appreciate the response thanks so much and Blesta will totally rock when it does domain reg.

Appreciate the offer! If I sent you login info as a client with several enom and generic domains in the account would that help?

I am getting a bit worried though because I just read that for the domain names that I will need to set to the Universal Module will have no whois check when a client is ordering them? This would be a show stopper as there isn't a Blesta module for our secondary domain supplier we use for specific affordable TLDs. I would be happy to continue to register these manually but if there is no whois look up for the client it is totally not going to work.

I found this https://github.com/NETLINK/Blesta-UniversalDomains but it doesn't appear to function and has calls for include files that do not seem to exist.

I might have to wait until Blesta version 4.1 by the look of it. Sad as I like what I see of Blesta and have spent the last 24 hours customising however the domain thing is a killer. If the system allowed a whois lookup for generic domain registration I could manage that but I can't see myself contacting clients letting them know the domain they ordered is not available!

Really appreciate the response thanks so much and Blesta will totally rock when it does domain reg.

The issue here is the link to the database (we need what the module field names are, the module name they call it, and ensure the information is correct, which only show up on the admin side the client just gets the fronted and not sure if theirs is different to the backend.

You can try doing it yourself :) just need to make a file called whmcsenomname.php with this style of content:

<?php
Configure::set("netearthone.map", array(
	'module' => "logicboxes",
	'module_row_key' => "username",
	'module_row_meta' => array(
		(object)array('key' => "registrar", 'value' => "NetEarthOne", 'serialized' => 0, 'encrypted' => 0),
		(object)array('key' => "reseller_id", 'value' => (object)array('module' => "resellerid"), 'serialized' => 0, 'encrypted' => 0),
		(object)array('key' => "key", 'value' => (object)array('module' => "apikey"), 'serialized' => 0, 'encrypted' => 1),
		(object)array('key' => "sandbox", 'value' => (object)array('module' => "testmode"), 'serialized' => 0, 'encrypted' => 0)
	),
	'package_meta' => array(
		(object)array('key' => "ns", 'value' => array(), 'serialized' => 1, 'encrypted' => 0),
		(object)array('key' => "tlds", 'value' => (object)array('package' => "tlds"), 'serialized' => 1, 'encrypted' => 0),
		(object)array('key' => "type", 'value' => "domain", 'serialized' => 0, 'encrypted' => 0)
	),
	'service_fields' => array(
		'domain' => (object)array('key' => "domain-name", 'serialized' => 0, 'encrypted' => 0)
	)	
));
?>

There's no map for the universal domains either unless it uses the universal module database.