Icon On Navigation

Ken Ng

Hey blestas !

I was wondering if anyone can lead me to on what's the best way to insert the font-awesome icon on blesta's client nav?

I was looking at the file navigation.php and was able to use this 'icon' => "fa fa-home" and was appear to dashboard navigation which is great. But what's the best way not to touch the core files? 

As for plugin such as Support and Downloads, I can't seems to use 'icon'

I need some direction. 

Many thanks.

post-11076-0-90777000-1457884290_thumb.p

There isn't mate, they are set via the plugins. So you have to sort it out via the support_manager / downloads plugins as far as I'm aware.

Yea mate, I was looking at the plugins. and was using the icon method. Cant seems to work it out. 

Hey blestas !

I was wondering if anyone can lead me to on what's the best way to insert the font-awesome icon on blesta's client nav?

I was looking at the file navigation.php and was able to use this 'icon' => "fa fa-home" and was appear to dashboard navigation which is great. But what's the best way not to touch the core files? 

As for plugin such as Support and Downloads, I can't seems to use 'icon'

I need some direction. 

Many thanks.

i have worked with it before , core Navigation links hasn't the icons , but th sublinks has . the icons are just set per plugins ... you need to change the navigation model to add the icons, and then change the structure file to make it display icons .

as i heat change core files , i have arrived to a plugin that will be soon released has the options to do this , i need just to get  final agreement with a client that i have coded the plugin for him .

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the reply. I've looked into download_manager_plugin.php in Download plugin folder and placed the following

public function getActions() {
		return array(
			array(
				'action'=>"nav_primary_client",
				'uri'=>"plugin/download_manager/client_main/",
				'name'=>Language::_("DownloadManagerPlugin.client_main", true),
				'icon'=>"fa fa-download"
			)
		);
	}

the icon is not out ? 

Di

Thanks for the reply. I've looked into download_manager_plugin.php in Download plugin folder and placed the following

public function getActions() {
		return array(
			array(
				'icon'=>"fa fa-download"
			)
		);
	}

the icon is not out ?

Did you re-install the plugin?

Icons can be added into the client SUB-navigation, but not the primary navigation. See the docs.

e.g.:

array(
        'secondary' => array(
                 'plugin/download_manager/client_main/' => array(
                 	'icon'=>"fa fa-download"
                 )
        )
)

• 2 months later...

Hello -

Hate to rehash this topic but I am looking for the same functionality because I am looking to theme my client dashboard similar to this:

http://coderthemes.com/ubold_1.6/dark_1/index.html

How hard is it to change the nav model  to have plugin primary nav items to include icons, rather then the secondary? Again, as much as I hate messing around with core files I see no other choice.

Hello -

Hate to rehash this topic but I am looking for the same functionality because I am looking to theme my client dashboard similar to this:

http://coderthemes.com/ubold_1.6/dark_1/index.html

How hard is it to change the nav model  to have plugin primary nav items to include icons, rather then the secondary? Again, as much as I hate messing around with core files I see no other choice.

You would have to update the core (navigation model) to add support for icons. Then you would have to update the primary navigation output (structure template) to add support for displaying the icons.

Your example shows a number of links in the sidebar. That works well with a large vertical sidebar, but not so much with a static horizontal link navigation like Blesta uses. The links + icons take up a lot of space, and wrapping can be an issue.