Next Eta For Update

jobplease

Question

11 answers to this question

That's like me asking you can you get blood out of a stone.... It's impossible to do, and it's impossible to set an ETA for when the next version is out because they are still working on it and it has to then go through beta testing before you get even near a final copy.

The only thing you can tell is via:

http://dev.blesta.com/secure/RapidBoard.jspa?rapidView=1&projectKey=CORE

http://dev.blesta.com/projects/CORE/versions/10603

It's impossible to do, and it's impossible to set an ETA for when the next version is out because they are still working on it and it has to then go through beta testing before you get even near a final copy.

The "E" in ETA is "estimated". For business to say "I don't know" doesn't fly in the real world. They can estimate.

ie Q1, Q2, Q3 or Q4 of 2016.

You're just a forum mod, not one the Blesta devs. Perhaps let them answer. ;)

The "E" in ETA is "estimated". For business to say "I don't know" doesn't fly in the real world. They can estimate.

ie Q1, Q2, Q3 or Q4 of 2016.

You're just a forum mod, not one the Blesta devs. Perhaps let them answer. ;)

True you can say that but then SolusVM did the same and ended taking longer and people moan, moan and more moan, it's safer if they just work on it and then say when it's closer to being complete give a date. But like you said I'm just a forum mod what do I know :)

Just update the ETA.

Communication is all customers want. (But eventually, yes, you need to deliver.)

I'd like to be kept abreast of new developments myself. It's why I even bother coming to the forum. :)

The release announcements are in the RSS Feed Reader too. I'm sure they run into unexpected issues when developing features and the mass mailer looks to be a rather large amount of coding.

I'm sure they run into unexpected issues when developing features and the mass mailer looks to be a rather large amount of coding.

they have a spent a lot of time in 4.0.0 Sprint 5, and after they should do Sprint 6 ....  and maybe more . i don't think is the mass mailer !

version 4 is a major release , not just a core improvement, it also a minphp upgrade to use namespace , that can lead to rewrite/upgrade some files/plugins/modules . but from my point , i will not surprised if it arrive in Q3 the beta/final release 4.

I'ld like to make a point about what we (as user) expect from next new major release, but i think that a forum is not a good place to communicate with developers and/or to submit issues.

Personally, i lost the "pleasure" to sharing on this forum my opinions, suggestions, doubts, ... because i see that Blesta is going to a great direction, but this is not mine. We're european users and there are so many differences and needs between Blesta's market and our;  i understand that Blesta devs think for their bigger market and i appreciate so much their attempts to come with our needs.

In same way i think that Paul & co could share their programs, also if they are a small firm. And i would love to see, before next major release, an action to make order and update documentation and this (or better another) issues repository.

Now i wait a response "Blesta works fine for me" or "All you want is in dev.blesta.com", but this is not what i try to say.

Thanks and sorry for my tedious thought.

Achille

P.S.: sorry for my poor english

The mass mailer is effectively done pending a few tweaks. There is 1 more planned sprint, and possibly 1 more after that depending on how things look. There is no official ETA, but if I were to guess I'd say beta in April.

Since 4.0 is a major release, we will likely have a couple more beta releases than normal. During beta's we usually have a release once a week. We will be looking for feedback during the beta on new functionality as well as any bugs.

I'ld like to make a point about what we (as user) expect from next new major release, but i think that a forum is not a good place to communicate with developers and/or to submit issues.

Personally, i lost the "pleasure" to sharing on this forum my opinions, suggestions, doubts, ... because i see that Blesta is going to a great direction, but this is not mine. We're european users and there are so many differences and needs between Blesta's market and our;  i understand that Blesta devs think for their bigger market and i appreciate so much their attempts to come with our needs.

In same way i think that Paul & co could share their programs, also if they are a small firm. And i would love to see, before next major release, an action to make order and update documentation and this (or better another) issues repository.

Now i wait a response "Blesta works fine for me" or "All you want is in dev.blesta.com", but this is not what i try to say.

Thanks and sorry for my tedious thought.

Achille

P.S.: sorry for my poor english

Im on the same "boat" as you :P and naja7host also, because we work with/in Europe :)

If we could we do it on each "mind" way, but its great that each one thinks diferently, in global we will help to increse blesta functionality to helps us all in the way we want :)

Lets get our hands "dirty" in April (hope not in day one lol), and start testing the new 4.0 ;)

@Paul/Tyson/Cody keep it up, no stress, one thing I personally hate is to "stress" me wen Im coding lol

Blesta 4.0 will have to be released wen its ready :blesta: and not wen we whould like to be ready ;)