Theme Integration Question(S)

sunrisepro

Question

I'm looking at Blesta Integrations because I'd like the Blesta experience my customers have to match my website. Is it possible to have something where a buy link in WordPress results in a package being added to the Blesta cart? What are the potential issues & pitfalls involved?

I've seen a lot of WP/WHMCS combos and have been tempted to switch as it seem easy. But I suspect the issues would be the same whether it's WHMCS or Blesta so the time/effort to change is likely not worth it.

23 answers to this question

I would be very careful if you buy from Paul from there, I've had customers come to me and complain about their service. One customer bought a theme and then found out it was outdated. And another had a bad experience and then got called a scammer by him on the social network twitter, and because I backed the customer he turned on me :) which is why we don't get along. So I would if you buy from him, ensure it's a up-to date theme (Will work on 3.6.0), and ensure you are happy.

You can link to Blesta by linking the direct url, you can get it from: How can I get a direct URL to a package? and when a client clicks the url it goes straight to blesta to order. There's a few iframe WP bridges for Blesta, one API bridge to Blesta but Alltoolskits or whatever he is called site's vanished.

OK - I would just like to create a seamless experience between my site & Blesta, especially when it comes to a customer being able to login to their account. Can you share examples of sites that do this well?

There's only Joomla or just Blesta on it's own which is what myself and a few of my customers do but that's probably looked as bias as they all and us use our plugin.

The Joomla customer(s) use J!Blesta though.

The best thing to do is to theme Blesta like your website. Usually all you need to do is edit CSS and the header/footer file for the client area which is in app/views/client/bootstrap/structure.pdt For CSS, I suggest creating an overrides file and adding it to the structure.pdt so it won't be overwritten on upgrade. (You'd just need to merge changes into structure.pdt)

Then, on your Wordpress links you'd link to the product you want, see https://docs.blesta.com/display/user/Order+System#OrderSystem-LinkingtoaSpecificProduct for how to do that.

Hiring a company to take your website and theme Blesta is perfectly reasonable, and is generally not expensive.

I'm no web designer, more a server kinda guy but I managed to do a basic header/footer blesta integration for my own site. It all works seamlessly and customers never know they're leaving the main site. 

I did have a bit of trouble getting it done but got their eventually, @Licensecart up above does basic header/footer integrations for $20, I'll probably use the service next time I need it done to save me the hassle!

Thanks. Aside from the header & footer we'd still need to match the overall styling of text, input fields, etc. I'll look into Blesta theming and see what I can figure out.

Have a look at: Blesta Integration 3.3.x (Advanced) but yeah why not make Blesta your website you can get use Naja7Host's Admin Tools if you want the basics pages.

Is there someone I can pay to create the Blesta version of my theme? I followed the first section of your tut and it looks like crap; I'm not interested in spending time figuring it out.

whtheme.com Ken is trusted, expertintegrations.com I've heard good things about them. I can help but I don't do Wordpress themes or old bootstrap, I also prefer trying to blesta as websites and finally Zomex.com he also does integrations.

whtheme.com is no longer in business? I had to switch back to the default Bootstrap theme after a new client got this error when trying to pay their first invoice:

Attempt to modify property of non-object on line 173 in /home/username/public_html/blesta/app/views/client/sunrisepro/client_pay_method.pdt

When I look at line 173 in the theme, it has this:

<strong><?php echo $this->CurrencyFormat->format($this->Html->ifSet($total), $this->Html->ifSet($currency->code));?></strong>

I've had old client pay invoices online with no problems in the last week.

2 hours ago, sunrisepro said:

whtheme.com is no longer in business? I had to switch back to the default Bootstrap theme after a new client got this error when trying to pay their first invoice:

Attempt to modify property of non-object on line 173 in /home/username/public_html/blesta/app/views/client/sunrisepro/client_pay_method.pdt

When I look at line 173 in the theme, it has this:

<strong><?php echo $this->CurrencyFormat->format($this->Html->ifSet($total), $this->Html->ifSet($currency->code));?></strong>

I've had old client pay invoices online with no problems in the last week.

That looks fine, on my installation 3.6.2 that line has:

Which is the same...

1 hour ago, sunrisepro said:

It's something theme related because the issue was fixed when I went back to the Bootstrap theme. I take it my theme dev is no longer in business?

Ken closed it due to personal reasons but not sure why: 

I wonder if it's just a one off error which might be caused by double clicking or something else.