Blesta Warning System By Cubedata

timnboys

Blesta Warning System By CubeData

This will serve as the placeholder for the Blesta Warning System by CubeData that is coming soon!

it was suggested by @LicenseCart or Michael Dance and will feature a automated system that will issue "warning points" to accounts that don't pay there bills, have too many overdue invoices etc which will be configurable in the plugin's settings also this plugin will also automatically mark accounts that have too many warning points that you can set the threshold in the plugin's settings as well as to how many warning points are the max allowed and if a client reaches this max warning points or goes over it there account will be automatically switched to inactive preventing login and also serving as a sort of "ban system" to make sure they don't even try to order something else which they wouldn't pay for also. These warning points will also be editable in each individual client's accounts and this system will run as a cron job.

This warning system plugin is sure to make everyone know that you mean business and if you don't pay up you will wish you did lol. as if you really want to make sure clients comply and pay for what they owe or bought display an optional "notice" on your homepage which would be a image showing the plugin is installed on your blesta and that you mean business hey if you want to scare your clients into complying go ahead lol(although like I said this will not be on by default and you would have to explicitly turn it on to show in the portal plugin or in blestacms if you have that from michael dance which would require manual code entry on both but it should work.) as it will be a image drawn by php that states the warning system plugin is installed and is enforcing and how many warning points you are allowed to get before you get the "can" lol.

More will come later but this is just a placeholder for now for the new plugin CubeData is developing. 

Sounds interesting! Sort of reminds me of the Parallel Payment Optimizer - http://www.blesta.com/2014/03/31/parallel-payment-optimizer-video-free-plugin/

okay as I see that being a "april fools joke"? as this plugin is in development and will have that functionality described in opening post.

as I don't plan at all to not deliver the actual plugin that will do this(it is in development and is currently being worked on and trying to get it to release status but there is no release date scheduled to keep stress off of me for me to have to release at a certain time and date without making sure it goes through q&a testing and making sure it functions like it should.)

okay as I see that being a "april fools joke"? as this plugin is in development and will have that functionality described in opening post.

as I don't plan at all to not deliver the actual plugin that will do this(it is in development and is currently being worked on and trying to get it to release status but there is no release date scheduled to keep stress off of me for me to have to release at a certain time and date without making sure it goes through q&a testing and making sure it functions like it should.)

Yep, ours was an April fools joke.. looking forward to the *real* thing you're working on though. :)

I am sorry but WHY on earth would you want a system that penalize a customer if he doesn't pay in time?.  This feels like you want to put the customer into a school regime were the admin will yell at him if he misbehaves.

I dont see this working in any meaningful way, it will just harm the customer-service provider relationship and I'm sure it will provoke more users to leave your services for good.

You don't penalize a user for late fee, PERIOD.  You can add the "late-fee fee" but that's about it.  I've never seen any system that worked this way, why are you trying to reinvent the wheel. Concentrate on making something that will add value to the customer instead of trying penalize them.

You don't penalize a user for late fee, PERIOD.  You can add the "late-fee fee" but that's about it.  I've never seen any system that worked this way, why are you trying to reinvent the wheel. Concentrate on making something that will add value to the customer instead of trying penalize them.

+1

All I can say people who think it's bad practices like the WHMCS Fan up there called Alex, this is in my terms and conditions:

Three Strike System

At Licensecart we have a 3 strike system in place to ensure our customers follow our terms and conditions. When you receive 3 strikes your account will automatically be marked as inactive and therefore no longer able to login or place orders. If you are banned via our strike system and you re-create new accounts you will be breaking the terms and conditions again and will be banned permanently. If you have 1 or 2 strikes for any reasons below, keeping your account in good standing order will reduce the strikes. As of 2016 Strikes are on your account internally, if you would like to find out if you have any strikes on your account, you can contact our billing team and enquire. Strikes are added for various reasons and we've listed a few below: - No Cancellation request and non payment. - Breaking our terms and conditions.

Source: https://licensecart.com/terms-of-service

The reason behind it is people order, don't pay for the next month and then re-order. If you can't understand that our invoices are due on the 1st, suspended on the 3rd and then cancelled then that's not my problem. You get 3 chances to keep on track, if you have issues you contact us as stated in the "Late Payments" section. 

Yes I have  also many situation where user just reorder new service multiple times..,I don't implement also late fee but still they just order new/same service.Now I suppose this plugin will have option to work in stelth mode and just mark account and warn staff.i'm thinking also about some kind of filter or warning future.As user base grow it is harder to handle manualy some things.Not exactlly like this and I need only to warn staff, in my case I would love to cover ordering free and trial services while there is due invoice in account and few other things without actually refuse order..just mark accounts or put order under review.I suppose this is just frame and it will have some aditional futures.

Yes I have  also many situation where user just reorder new service multiple times..,I don't implement also late fee but still they just order new/same service.Now I suppose this plugin will have option to work in stelth mode and just mark account and warn staff.i'm thinking also about some kind of filter or warning future.As user base grow it is harder to handle manualy some things.Not exactlly like this,but in my case I would love to cover ordering free and trial services while there is due invoice in account and few other things without actually refuse order..just mark accounts or put order under review.I suppose this is just frame and it will have some aditional futures.

Suppose you could ask Timothy to do have the option to turn that off and just issue points over the period you can choose wether that client should stay and keep re-ordering or close their account.

All I can say people who think it's bad practices like the WHMCS Fan up there called Alex, this is in my terms and conditions:

Three Strike System

At Licensecart we have a 3 strike system in place to ensure our customers follow our terms and conditions. When you receive 3 strikes your account will automatically be marked as inactive and therefore no longer able to login or place orders. If you are banned via our strike system and you re-create new accounts you will be breaking the terms and conditions again and will be banned permanently. If you have 1 or 2 strikes for any reasons below, keeping your account in good standing order will reduce the strikes. As of 2016 Strikes are on your account internally, if you would like to find out if you have any strikes on your account, you can contact our billing team and enquire. Strikes are added for various reasons and we've listed a few below: - No Cancellation request and non payment. - Breaking our terms and conditions.

Source: https://licensecart.com/terms-of-service

The reason behind it is people order, don't pay for the next month and then re-order. If you can't understand that our invoices are due on the 1st, suspended on the 3rd and then cancelled then that's not my problem. You get 3 chances to keep on track, if you have issues you contact us as stated in the "Late Payments" section. 

they will open new account an order new service . at the end of the year you will have 50% clients account are inactive activity .

i don't think this system will be the solution .

you can penalize client for spamming, phishing , use invalid credit card, stolen account ..ect.  never i heard that some company punish client just for not renewing thier services !!!

this solution can't be applied for hosting market . but can be useful for licenses systems .

if you feel is adequate for your services, go with it . i will be happy to see more plugins for blesta .

they will open new account an order new service . at the end of the year you will have 50% clients account are inactive activity .

i don't think this system will be the solution .

you can penalize client for spamming, phishing , use invalid credit card, stolen account ..ect.  never i heard that some company punish client just for not renewing thier services !!!

this solution can't be applied for hosting market . but can be useful for licenses systems .

if you feel is adequate for your services, go with it . i will be happy to see more plugins for blesta .

Not really, because I spot the people who get banned. You've never heard of it? You get a mobile phone contract in the west, if you don't pay you get punished You get a nice credit rating which prevents you getting credit.

We don't want timewasters if you want something you pay for it on time or tell the supplier why you can't pay in advance and they work with you to extend the date. Unless you are reselling services and the client doesn't get paid and then they cancel the service on time... or again contact the vendor.

Not really, because I spot the people who get banned. You've never heard of it? You get a mobile phone contract in the west, if you don't pay you get punished You get a nice credit rating which prevents you getting credit.

We don't want timewasters if you want something you pay for it on time or tell the supplier why you can't pay in advance and they work with you to extend the date. Unless you are reselling services and the client doesn't get paid and then they cancel the service on time... or again contact the vendor.

that is a point of view .

i believe there are other points of views  . as the industry market support all things :)

My country implement aso creadit rating for citizens but We can't put these contracts in to this as it is specified that only post paid services can be counted as credited and I'm sure it every where similar.I don't understand what you count as don't payed?Because everything client order He pay in advance for billing period He subscribe.You don't provide service and bill for it after service term.it is your job to cancel xx days after due and that is it,only if he ask to reactivate same service you can charge for it.of course if you provide service as post paid or have 1 year contracts billed per month than it is Ok.

My country implement aso creadit rating for citizens but We can't put these contracts in to this as it is specified that only post paid services can be counted as credited.I don't understand what you count as don't payed?Because everything client order He pay in advance for billing period He subscribe,I don't understand.You don't provide service and bill for it after service term.it is your job to cancel xx days after due and that is it,only if he ask to reactivate same service you can charge for it.of course if you provide service as post paid than it is Ok.

the way the system is originally designed is if you haven't paid a invoice for xx days which can be set in the plugins options/settings it will issue a "warning point" to the account and also it is configurable in the plugin to whether to block or "ban" them after the max allowed warning points is reached or allow them to continue and just notify staff to say this person hasn't paid in xx days and a warning point was issued as this would be considered "stealth mode" where for example the client wouldn't see the warning points they wouldn't even notice the plugin even exists in "stealth" mode as the functionality in stealth mode is to just notify the staff that someone(the client) hasn't paid their invoice# and how many days it has been unpaid, and then the staff can act accordingly according to their own policies on how to handle the issue.

note this plugin was never meant to penalize people for "not renewing their services" as this is meant more for the licensing part of blesta where if you sell licenses it would help otherwise it probably wouldn't be needed since well the hosting side of blesta is handled well and this plugin isn't needed for anything hosting related(as like I said the hosting side of blesta functions fine and handles this issue the way it should be handled just suspend the service if the service isn't paid) 

Take Michael Dance's case(aka licensecart) he is only doing licenses so this works out great for him if you are doing "services" instead it won't and you shouldn't need to use this plugin if that be the case.

the way the system is originally designed is if you haven't paid a invoice for xx days which can be set in the plugins options/settings it will issue a "warning point" to the account and also it is configurable in the plugin to whether to block or "ban" them after the max allowed warning points is reached or allow them to continue and just notify staff to say this person hasn't paid in xx days and a warning point was issued as this would be considered "stealth mode" where for example the client wouldn't see the warning points they wouldn't even notice the plugin even exists in "stealth" mode as the functionality in stealth mode is to just notify the staff that someone(the client) hasn't paid their invoice# and how many days it has been unpaid, and then the staff can act accordingly according to their own policies on how to handle the issue.

note this plugin was never meant to penalize people for "not renewing their services" as this is meant more for the licensing part of blesta where if you sell licenses it would help otherwise it probably wouldn't be needed since well the hosting side of blesta is handled well and this plugin isn't needed for anything hosting related(as like I said the hosting side of blesta functions fine and handles this issue the way it should be handled just suspend the service if the service isn't paid) 

Thanks for explanation,as I said in my post above I would need implement some filter or warning sistem,I'm selling licences and some other services through API and licence is auto activated instantly upon order even if not payed,than client has 5 days to pay it(same sistem buycpanel has) but there are bunch of users who order just to use it these 5 days..and again..again....i'm not charged for this but it simple...well it is not designed for that purpose,and it is hard to handle manualy now when user base grow....

Thanks for explanation,as I said in my post above I would need implement some filter or warning sistem,I'm selling licences and some other services through API and licence is auto activated instantly upon order even if not payed,than client has 5 days to pay it(same sistem buycpanel has) but there are bunch of users who order just to use it these 5 days..and again..again....i'm not charged for this but it simple...well it is not designed for that purpose,and it is hard to handle manualy now when user base grow....

would you please explain better what you need as I am not understanding your grammar very well.

would you please explain better what you need as I am not understanding your grammar very well.

Sorry,I'm on wireles keyboard and if battery is not new...half letters are missing.

I'm selling(reselling) licences for cPanel,Blesta,WHMCS..and 50+ other,when client order and check out licence is auto-activated through API as soon ortder is confirmed,even if invoice is not paid.

it is same sistem as Buycpanel implement,you order licence and it is activated instantly than you have 5 days to pay it,if not payed in 5 days it is canceled by sistem and invoice is deleted.

This sistem works perfectly but it is very easy to abuse,for example you order cpanel licence and than after 5 days,you just order it again for same host...and again..

I'm not charged for first 5 days and I'm not loosing money but it would be nice to mark these accounts that order free or trial service multiple times without ever paid for anything.As I understand your sistem could be solution for this.

Sorry,I'm on wireles keyboard and if battery is not new...half letters are missing.

I'm selling(reselling) licences for cPanel,Blesta,WHMCS..and 50+ other,when client order and check out licence is auto-activated through API as soon ortder is confirmed,even if invoice is not paid.

it is same sistem as Buycpanel implement,you order licence and it is activated instantly than you have 5 days to pay it,if not payed in 5 days it is canceled by sistem and invoice is deleted.

This sistem works perfectly but it is very easy to abuse,for example you order cpanel licence and than after 5 days,you just order it again for same host...and again..

I'm not charged for first 5 days and I'm not loosing money but it would be nice to mark these accounts that order free or trial service multiple times without ever paid for anything.As I understand your sistem could be solution for this.

We use Pro-rata to stop that as-well haha you can do that too.

We use Pro-rata to stop that as-well haha you can do that too.

Well yes,i can also just use option "activate service after payment recived", but thing is I would like to keep this instant activation and 5 days grace period  because it doesn't cost me anything,on the other side many customers said it had influence on their decision  to buy from Us and it is nice adventage vs competition.Invoice is generated instantly and if it is not paid it will be canceled and invoice deleted,I just need to spot users who do this to many times...have to many invoices unpaid.It is not problem if user don't pay after 5 days as long He/She order and try it once per service.

The west also has pretty good consumer protection laws to compensate though.

E.g. here you are you required to send at least one free written payment reminder by normal postal mail before you are allowed to charge any late fees, or can take any follow-up action.

The west also has pretty good consumer protection laws to compensate though.

E.g. here you are you required to send at least one free written payment reminder by normal postal mail before you are allowed to charge any late fees, or can take any follow-up action.

We have paperless letters over in the uk, but people do like the paper invoices, not sure if it's different to the one you mention for late fees, but yeah I like to help people who want to be helped and clamp down on people who don't care :D