Blesta V4 Menu, What Do You Think?

Paul

Blesta v4 Staff Menu (Watch video first)  

34 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new Blesta v4 Staff menu? (watch video first)

• Looks great!
    • Terrible!
    • I don't really care.

What do you think about the new staff menu in v4? We wan't your feedback.

1. Watch the video!
  2. Vote in the poll!
  3. Comment below!

Keep in mind, the menu will look different in different themes. For example, it has a hover effect in the Blesta Blue theme.

Just FYI: The colors are washed out in the video. The background is really white.

menu.mov

1) Is the hover effect a background over the hovered link? I would personally like to see that.

2) Where did the breadcrumbs go below that? In the process of being replaced?

1. Not sure exactly what you mean. The nav link is click-activated, so that it will still work on mobile devices. But, once activated, you can hover over other primary nav items and the menu moves with you.

2. The breadcrumbs were actually the subnav links. They have been moved to the menu. This is actually one of the complaints we got (a lot of actually) that the subnav looked like a breadcrumb.

1. Not sure exactly what you mean. The nav link is click-activated, so that it will still work on mobile devices. But, once activated, you can hover over other primary nav items and the menu moves with you.

2. The breadcrumbs were actually the subnav links. They have been moved to the menu. This is actually one of the complaints we got (a lot of actually) that the subnav looked like a breadcrumb.

1. I just meant that as you move your mouse over each link, have a background color along with the change in the link text color.

2. What do you mean by 'moved to the menu'?

I do prefer this new style over the previous. Desktop is really the only place that I access the admin. I don't bother much on the phone or tablet.

2. What do you mean by 'moved to the menu'?

I do prefer this new style over the previous. Desktop is really the only place that I access the admin. I don't bother much on the phone or tablet.

The links which show up when you hover over a parent menu (Support) are now in a menu. Not underneath. 

The links which show up when you hover over a parent menu (Support) are now in a menu. Not underneath. 

Got that part of it. I just thought actual breadcrumbs would be added back in (not the sub links that exist in current versions). I'll wait and see what the beta looks like!

Hello :)

Looks greate :)

Some opinions:

- Brackground Effect (change color) on Houver

- Add Font Awesome Icons before text

- Maybe, Maybe, convert it alredy to Boostrap (only the navbar) and you can use for exemple the NavBar: https://getbootstrap.com/components/#navbar

- If converted, its best to add the Brand Image inside the navbar to optimise space area on Blesta like this exemple: https://getbootstrap.com/components/#navbar-brand-image

- Move "My Info", "Settings", "Logout" to the right of NavBar using only one Font Awsome Icon, and wen "clicked" show subnav options, this way we can improve a lot the space area to work :)

Just some ideas :P

But its much better now :) thanks Paul/Tyson/Cody :blesta:

It is using Bootstrap for the drop down menu. Also, there is a background hover effect on the subnav link rows for some themes. I believe it uses a color from the gradient in the bar that contains the search. Since this FOUR theme does not use a gradient here, the hover background is the same color.

I don't think that would be improving the space but making the space for nav items to decrease because of the amount of things on the menu itself.

First of all nice April fool on your website :P you fool me nice eheh

You can move everything to the top in one single horizontal line, and on each "Parent Menu" you can organize it better adding multiple options witout affecting space.

A really bad exemple is how WHMCS default Admin navbar is, and Blesta is in the same boath. The best I have seen and tested is from ClientExec, you have an huge working area and the top and left navbars are just in the right place :)

You will only click once on the top menu you dont need the top menu to ocupy such space, by default is using 139px, and you really only need about 44px , so its wasting about will not "look" at the menu wen you are for exemple seeing the details of a client, invoice, ticket etc :)

But like I have said, its a great improvment on the new upcoming Blesta 4.0, I only add my ideas :)

@Paul @Tyson @Cody

Great Bootsrap is comming to Admin :P

What about an option to change betwin Admin Templates? if you add I will make an Admin View in Bootsrap that I have in my head (its only 229 files to converte eheh)

• 1 month later...

the menu will support multi-level navigation ?

for example, a plugin can add sub-link 'My Plugin" to "Tools" and inject it own sublink  to "My Plugin" link ?

Bootstrap 3 doesn't support it, unless Blesta doesn't use the bootstrap for that and just the buttons.

The menu does not currently support multi-level. We would be open to considering a feature request for plugins to support this, but we would never use it ourselves. I feel sort of like if I need a nested menu, that I've failed at UX design. We want to keep things as simple as possible, which is ironically, the reason we didn't have a drop down menu at all to start with.

The menu does not currently support multi-level. We would be open to considering a feature request for plugins to support this, but we would never use it ourselves. I feel sort of like if I need a nested menu, that I've failed at UX design. We want to keep things as simple as possible, which is ironically, the reason we didn't have a drop down menu at all to start with.

I understand your point, but waht about the left colum that display all Sub Menus and/or Sub-Sub-Menus? Movilng all to top we will improve simplicity, no?

Now we have to click 2/3 times to go to a simples task but moving all up we only need to click Once :blesta:

I think the sublevel menu is a must nessecity now . As paulov described.it would save time for us. Also i have a case that really would happen to anyone .

I have a lot of plugins that is not released yet . And some of them has a multi menu that cna't be injected to tools tabs .it take a furst level menu . Now i have arrived to complete the navbar and impossible for us now install new plugin that has primary nav link menu .

The only solution is convert the secondary links to dropdown and make them support meltilevel , that way we can inject plugins menus to sublink of "tools".

And as youbare now in revamp the design , so think in this case and try to find a solution in the future.