Modulesgarden Wants To Build A Module For V3

Paul

Voted and commented. I'm not a fan of them anymore so good luck to them.

Was it just because of a higher price or something else?

If it was just the price, surely that's their choice what to charge, if not then I'd like to hear the reasoning.

Was it just because of a higher price or something else?

If it was just the price, surely that's their choice what to charge, if not then I'd like to hear the reasoning.

They wanted a lot of money towards something they would be releasing free. As a former client with their WHM** products etc I would of expected a better reasoning.

They wanted a lot of money towards something they would be releasing free. As a former client with their WHM** products etc I would of expected a better reasoning.

Couldn't you of just waited until they released it free then?

I don't understand, because making them create it quicker, will obviously cost you?

No they wouldn't make it if I didn't invest into it. 

So you're making them do work, they wouldn't of done normally, even if they were releasing it for free, it still would have been work they wouldn't have been doing - so it's understandable that they are charging for it, I would have done the same..

• 2 weeks later...

My last say on them, I wouldn't buy a thing from them now, I have heard that they didn't pay for WHM** or get a valid License from WHM** themselves.

Ref: http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showpost.php?p=8790810&postcount=3

And apparently they can't complete anything custom ( http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showpost.php?p=8790812&postcount=4 ).

The quality of their Solus WHMCS module is absolute garbage. I'll not be paying them for blesta modules.

Could you be more specific? We have not received any constructive feedback from you yet,even though you recieved from us all the modules and all the updates for free in exchange for a very little help.

You should be the first one to report any specific problems.

Most of our customers decided to actively participate in creation of the module by reporting problems and sharing opinions.

My last say on them, I wouldn't buy a thing from them now, I have heard that they didn't pay for WHM** or get a valid License from WHM** themselves.

Ref: http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showpost.php?p=8790810&postcount=3

And apparently they can't complete anything custom ( http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showpost.php?p=8790812&postcount=4 ).

This one is really good. Gossips like these you can toss it into the basket.

I don't remember when we have had any nulled software, especially WHM.

We are not working for free. No matter whether module is going to be released for free or not.

Could you be more specific? We have not received any constructive feedback from you yet,even though you recieved from us all the modules and all the updates for free in exchange for a very little help.

You should be the first one to report any specific problems.

Most of our customers decided to actively participate in creation of the module by reporting problems and sharing opinions.

If me sending 54 emails over a 20 day time span is non constructive feedback and very little help then I may as well hang myself now.

6/23/2013

Any work on the VNC? The Solus module has VNC support already for what it’s worth.

Also the client ID it’s generating is a totally random number/letter combo now, it would be nice if I could set it like the solus module has it now where I put in a prefix of “cr-“ and it numbers clients in order. Cr-101, cr-102 so on.

6/22/2013

It uses the login page, it just spits out the json. If I click the button a second time it works:

Oh and KVM isn’t pulling templates. We don’t use ISO templates, but there needs to be an option for either or as it isn’t pulling any templates at the present time.

6/21/2013

Yeah clients get the same message when they go to click the Control Panel button

{"success":"1","status":"1"}

6/20/2013

As far as graphs on SSL, that's because my SSL certificate is bound to a subdomain/hostname rather than the IP and the version I have only allows the IP to be used (I tried putting in the hostname into the IP area and it doesn’t function)

6/18/2013

Oh yeah one other request, can you make the re-install page order based on the distribution like the solusVM reinstall does? Right now the module is just showing a list of operating systems in their .gz format and in the order they are added, which is a downright clusterfuck to look at. Look at the re-install page within the solus client area, maybe we can do it that way? Would be awesome.

6/18/2013

Yeah a test server button would be nice, the module within the packages will not load/load slowly but doesn't indicate why. Only place that does is when you go to create a VM.

Another request, is there going to be a way to tie in rDNS if you have the ModulesGarden DNS Manager module? I like how solusvm just has a button at the bottom labled "network" where you can manage rDNS. Would be cool if that was in the VPS module if you have the DNS Module as well. Just a button on the page somewhere that takes you to the rDNS management.

Using it in production now in light of the Solus exploits to remove the frontend. Will let you know if clients report any issues.

6/18/2013

A message saying "select block to load ssh console" would be amazing. I kept hitting "Do not block" thinking that it was just being funky and it wouldn't load the console.

It looks like I'm going to be using the VPS module in live production today.

Another potential exploit for SOlusVM, gonna just restrict master access to the WHMCS IP and work through this module.

6/17/2013

Sorry for multiple emails. Maybe need to make it very clear that for auto setup to work the server name in WHMCS has to match that of the server name in SolusVM – I was naming it differently which caused it to not auto create.

Solus usernames are being generated based on the hostname, rather than picking a random number after the identifier that I made “cr-123

Hi SkylarM,

Indeed, those are the emails sent to one of our developers which was working one the SolusVM modules. Most of the things you reported to him have been repaired to date.

I still recommend to share a feedback in our ticket system so ModulesGarden management will be also familiar with all the problems you would like to be fixed. We will do every effort to improve the module.

As you can see we already released 3 updates because of feedback recevied.

As Paul said, we can solve the issue elsewhere as this is not the place to do so.

We are currently working on the module for Blesta and it will be released later in the August.

• 2 weeks later...

ModulesGarden made us a custom Hostbill module. It wasn't all that spectacular and there are a few annoyances that my staff have brought up, but it did what we wanted it too, and it wasn't that expensive. At the end of the day we got what we wanted. Now if only they could fix hostbill....

The one thing I need to get a majority of my customers over to blesta is an importer, and then a dedicated server module/order page (that allows for customizing options, such as hard drive size, memory amount, bandwidth options etc).