How Does Everyone Manage Domain Names In Blesta?

Rocketz

Question

14 answers to this question

What happens when your registrar partner increases the pricing on a certain TLD? Just move it to another package? How does that work for existing customers? 

that is the case that we don't want to happen . because it will cause as a lot of manual work .

remove tld from package, upgrade all services that use the package to the new one .

We created a package for each TLD and one order form for all.

We also setup configurable options for DNS Management, Privacy Protection and Email. We use the Logicboxes module for our domains.

v4.1 is going to get a major overhaul for domain management so it should be a lot easier and much nicer to deal with. If you're ok with a single price for multiple TLDs or you're not selling too many different TLDs, you could go the route that others have suggested.

Okay, trying this out and I have to say I'm completely confused. 

I have 3 packages. Domains for 15, 20 and 30 dollars. I selected the TLD's I want to allow. Let's say for .com I'm charging $15 per year

When I go for checkout, I get the normal configuration options for the nameservers. But... the next page is really weird. It has options for the 3 packages, again. And you can click any of them to "add to cart" and it just adds the same domain to the cart twice, three times, 4 times, etc.. 

Here's a screenshot. Can anyone enlighten me? 

FvFiFPE.png

Curious how everyone manages domain names in Blesta..

Do you create a new package per TLD? I'm not seeing another way if using the LogicBoxes module, but maybe I'm missing something... 

If you have different registrat for different extension than package per extension and if you want list it on same order form than add all extension packages in one group,you will probably want to use more than one registrat module since there is no one registrat which offer lowest price for every extension.Where all extensions belong to one registrat you can use one package for all extension with same price.

Here is one test order form with namecheap and enom extensions on same form.

https://nelsahost.com/blesta/order/config/preconfig/testvps

And you must select DOMAIN AND OTHER as order form type,it is in drop menu.

Yup, I've selected "domain and other" in the "standard" order form. 

I can't figure this bug out. Why does Blesta show a domain registration customer all the domain packages after the customer selects only 1 TLD? It should just bring the customer to the checkout screen, not giving them the option to add different "domain packages" 

Yup, I've selected "domain and other" in the "standard" order form. 

I can't figure this bug out. Why does Blesta show a domain registration customer all the domain packages after the customer selects only 1 TLD? It should just bring the customer to the checkout screen, not giving them the option to add different "domain packages" 

I believe you have put the domain groups in the Packages as-well. How can I sell Domains?

Yup, that's how I had set it up :) Very similar to your tutorial

I have 3 packages. $15 domains, 20 and 30. So in my example .com is in the $15 group. 

When a customer goes through the signup process, instead of going to the checkout screen after selecting .com and going through the nameserver selection screen, those 3 package options show up, and it goes back to Step 1 from the looks of it. 

Either I'm super confused, or this setup is confusing. 

Yup, that's how I had set it up :) Very similar to your tutorial

I have 3 packages. $15 domains, 20 and 30. So in my example .com is in the $15 group. 

When a customer goes through the signup process, instead of going to the checkout screen after selecting .com and going through the nameserver selection screen, those 3 package options show up, and it goes back to Step 1 from the looks of it. 

Either I'm super confused, or this setup is confusing. 

See you have missed one important bit I believe... In my opinion and experience it sounds like you have the domain group twice not this:

Domains4.png