How Do You Debug?

brixsat

Hello,

Im doing a module for blesta, so it can work with centos web panel. But at some point i need to debug, xdebug but i was not able to do a debug session, it starts at line one of the index and if i say continue to run then it never reaches my breakpoints and gets stuck at loading the webpage in browser.

How do you guys debug?

I use php-storm and netbeans booth with x-debug.

You can try one of these:

In the module:

Configure::errorReporting(E_ALL);

Blesta's own configuration:

Configure::errorReporting(0);

To:

Configure::errorReporting(-1);

You can catch errors too, but why would you do one for Centos Webpanel? I wouldn't trust their control panel :P

why would you not trust their panel?

Security experts claim there's a lot of security issues in their control panel: http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1533898&p=9589180#post9589180

CentOS Web Panel should NOT be used in a production environment; riddled with far too many security vulnerabilities.

They are the guys who find issues and report them to vendors to be fixed. They are also very trusted in the hosting industry and until they say otherwise I wouldn't touch it myself.

Oh and Keith found some: http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1464459&p=9399436#post9399436 but he reported them to the developers but I believe they might have fixed the ones he found. But Patrick and Steven said there are far too many.

It is delicious it is called "beijoca" wich means "kiss" in portuguese :)

So if you guys would have to choose a free cpanel what would it be?

I was porting blesta to centos web panel since i was expecting to use it as production,  but now im a little afraid by the security.

Having a error in the addservice on my module and having the security flaws in thinking on not using it. But i would apreciate a free solution.

PS: Ispconfig is not an option, i kind of hate it i have 30 websites under ispconfig and ..... laks php support but it works.

It is delicious it is called "beijoca" wich means "kiss" in portuguese :)

So if you guys would have to choose a free cpanel what would it be?

I was porting blesta to centos web panel since i was expecting to use it as production,  but now im a little afraid by the security.

Having a error in the addservice on my module and having the security flaws in thinking on not using it. But i would apreciate a free solution.

PS: Ispconfig is not an option, i kind of hate it i have 30 websites under ispconfig and ..... laks php support but it works.

I'm not a security person but I know Webmin / Virtualmin had a good response from the security guys who help our industry. But be aware of the security panels like Sentora / zPanel they are bad, and Kloxo is another bad free one. 

I only rely on webmin/virtualmin as from experience, I found any other panel buggy a lot or finally fully modify the distro (like cpanel),

so webmin/virtualmin do not modify the distro, you can still use regular distro command line in case you need.

if you do not like their default design/template:  this free one is modern & work fine:  https://github.com/qooob/authentic-theme

• 1 year later...