Email Piping

jmf421

Question

I am testing out the email piping features from the customers end and it doesn't seem to be working. When I am acting as the customer and hit reply to the email I received it just sends an info back to support@mydomain.com but does not actually add that response into the ticket.

Any help would be much appreciated!

6 answers to this question

Do you have support@ set up as a forwarder to pipe to pipe.php? See https://docs.blesta.com/display/user/Support+Manager#SupportManager-email-pipingEmailPiping

If yes, check the following:

1. Is pipe.php executable? It should be 755. You can run "chmod +x pipe.php" to make it executable.
  2. Does pipe.php have a hashbang on the 1st line? It should look something like the following but be your actual path to PHP
#!/usr/local/bin/php -q

Ok so the employees email was the same email as the piping. So it got stuck in a loop when I updated that ticket. Basically it send the employee a notification and then that piped, sent the employee a notification and then piped. So many times that blesta still works but that ticket cannot be opened anymore...lol