Get Unpaid Orders

Blesta Addons

i'm currently working in a plugin that auto cancel unpaid orders after X days .

but i have a misunderstanding the orders status !!! 

pending , accepted ... i have found some orders are accepted but not yet activated and is not complete until the invoice should paid .

so normally i shouldn't search orders via status , i should search order is they have invoice related has date_closed set ?

or i should look if the order is accepted or pending or both ?

• 4 weeks later...

We are also investigating implementing a similar solution. Our design concept is to adhere to the following rules:

1. Remove orders which have been fulfilled from the database, including attached meta data such as order_services.
  2. Assigned un-paid orders which are older than $x date (via config) to be "cancelled".
  3. Cancelled orders will have services cancelled and invoices voided.
  4. Delete "cancelled" orders from orders table older than $y date (via config), including attached meta data such as order_services

Our goals are to remove the potential of database bloat as new orders are added, but not full-filled. Removing completed orders doesn't provide any additional value to companies as the order process is not transparent to staff. As far as we can tell the only value the order has is to stitch the invoices to a service to get the initial setup running and data retention afterwards is not relevant. We're just hoping to confirm that these facts are accurate so that we don't break any features by removing orders as they are completed or abandoned.

My plugin . Has the fallowing settings

Days to clean uncomplete orders.(

Number of days, list from 1 to 90 days) .

Action for attached invoice (void/delete)

Action for attached services (cancel/delete) .

Delete = remove from database .

We will implement a option to send email about uncompleted orders for x days (partially paid) .

The plugin will be released next mounth with another 4 other plugins .