Random Issues With Redirects

jmf421

Question

I have been using the blesta app and all have been running fine. Recently I noticed couldn't get to my login page or registration page. I spoke to my hosting company and they said there was no htaccess file in place. Again this is not a new application I have been up and running for a few months and have customers making payments.

https://clients.pixelpoynt.com/client/login/

No we can at least get to the login page but cannot get tot he register page

Maybe a related issue or maybe not...

I have a customer paying with paypal and last month the payment was made and Blesta saw the payment marking the invoice paid. This month, the invoice is showing as unpaid. I can go mark it paid manually but I want to know what could have changed or what I am missing to get these to be marked paid automatically.

17 answers to this question

The Paypal payments still don't seem to be recognized by Blesta, any idea what I can do to fix this without bugging the customer again? If I look in Paypal his payments are being made but Blesta doesn't see it and will keep sending him reminder emails.

The Paypal payments still don't seem to be recognized by Blesta, any idea what I can do to fix this without bugging the customer again? If I look in Paypal his payments are being made but Blesta doesn't see it and will keep sending him reminder emails.

How's he paying a subscription or manual?

Is there any record of it under Tools > Logs > Gateway log? Click a row to expand and show raw input/output.

Was the subscription set up within Blesta? Did you move Blesta to a new location after the subscription was set up? I suggest checking your HTTP logs to see what URL the IPN is calling to, if it's making a call at all. This will be helpful in debugging the issue.

On 7/30/2016 at 0:35 PM, Licensecart said:

How's he paying a subscription or manual?

Yes it's a subscription. 

On 8/3/2016 at 2:38 PM, Paul said:

Is there any record of it under Tools > Logs > Gateway log? Click a row to expand and show raw input/output.

Was the subscription set up within Blesta? Did you move Blesta to a new location after the subscription was set up? I suggest checking your HTTP logs to see what URL the IPN is calling to, if it's making a call at all. This will be helpful in debugging the issue.

There is actually no record of anything to do with PayPal here, just Stripe. I never moved anything once Blesta was setup but I did just recently add an SSL certificate. I am assuming he setup his subscription through Blesta because I never gave the customer my Paypal email.

2 minutes ago, jmf421 said:

Yes it's a subscription. 

There is actually no record of anything to do with PayPal here, just Stripe. I never moved anything once Blesta was setup but I did just recently add an SSL certificate. I am assuming he setup his subscription through Blesta because I never gave the customer my Paypal email.

Are you forcing SSL? Possible the PayPal subscription was posting via HTTP and now it's doing a redirect with HTTPS?

10 hours ago, Paul said:

Are you forcing SSL? Possible the PayPal subscription was posting via HTTP and now it's doing a redirect with HTTPS?

This one might be over my head. How would I find out if I am forcing SSL? Is that in the htaccess file? 

I just looked at the IPN history and can see it's being sent from Paypal and the  but I guess Blesta isn't picking it up? https://infinit.io/_/dcBnjVC

3 minutes ago, Licensecart said:

You have HSTS (via the SSL server file vhosts) or the htaccess file to force SSL. I've never heard of issues with redirecting so have you tried another server?

I have not, I just moved over to KnownHost when I installed Blesta. For now I am marking this guys monthly payment as "Paid" but I was hoping it wasn't going to be a forever thing.