Display Errors Of Directadmin Module

nsc

Question

I've enabled DirectAdmin module in Blesta and added a DirectAdmin server.

Then I tried to add service, and I got error about missing IP address, which was not present in a dropdown menu.

The issue was only wrong credentials, but I didn't see that error anywhere, I just guessed the issue right.

Showing error somewhere near the dropdown list would have helped me to solve the issue much faster. Also, DirectAdmin module could have a "test settings" button present. This would allow to make sure that everything is fine with connection and credentials itself.

Other issue - when user is making order, he must fill the username and password for his new directadmin account.

If the domain name or username is already present - the creation process fail without any error. May the DA error be shown in blesta in order to debug the issue faster?

Also, autogenerating unique usernames and passwords and skipping that step in registration process would be even better (for example I could just specify some preffix in settings panel, and all the usernames would be incremented).

With current order process user has to specify his new username and password 2 times. 

After registration process if he presses to pay his invoice - new contact details form appears again... This page actually already has a small dropdown menu with just created user, but still, I didn't notice that menu at first and started filling the same info again(may that info just be autofilled by default with that newly created user?). That may happen to rushing clients too, and that refilling info over and over makes me 

In order to have more successful orders and more clients, this part should go very smoothly and as less clicks as possible.

Long story short (the #4 request idea came when I was writting about DA module, should I create a separate thread for it?):

1. Show DirectAdmin error outputs.

2. "test connection settings" in DirectAdmin module

3. Autogenerate unique user and password invisibly when creating DirectAdmin account (may be autoincrement with a prefix).

4. If user already filled his contact info - fill all the next forms automatically with the default user details, do not require to specifically select it.

1 answer to this question