Blesta V4 Order Visibility And Client Link

Paul

Blesta v4 Order Visibility, What Do You Think?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the order for visibility and order link on client area?

• Awesome Feature!
    • Terrible!
    • I don't really care

Ok, so in v4 we added a couple things related to Order Forms.

Clients now get an "Order" link in the client area. This takes them to a page to view all Order Forms they have access to.

Here's the link in the nav:

post-1-0-78033900-1468878855_thumb.png

When they click the "Order" link, they can see all order forms they have access to:

post-1-0-33053400-1468878877_thumb.png

You can also add a description for an order form that will appear on this page for the order form.

Staff can now set the "Visibility" of an order form to Public, Shared, or Client Only. Here's how that works:

• Public (Anyone can see order forms of this visibility if "Default Order Form" is "None - Show Listing")
  • Shared (Only users that know the URL to this order form can access it)
  • Client Only (Only authenticated clients can see and order from these order forms)

Setting the visibility:

post-1-0-48136400-1468879111_thumb.png

Setting the "Default Order Form" (None - Show Listing) now recommended:

post-1-0-55510700-1468879154_thumb.png

What do you think? I think clients having access from the client area directly to the order form is great. Also, that they can have access to client only order forms. That opens up the possibilities for doing something special for existing customers.

What do you think?

Good idea! 

On that first image, will we be able to customize how it looks to customers? 

The "Order" link? It's a nav item, so you could modify it in the database to say something else if you want, but it's not customizeable. The 2nd image, where the order forms are listed is customizable by adding a description (new field) on the order form.

The Order link is really nice. We manually added that to our site when we first switched over.

If possible at some point, it might be nice to have group pricing based on current customer vs. non current customer. Without thinking through all of it, I could see us having the ability to assign 'price groups' on each order form. This would allow us to offer a break on domains or ssl or whatever to current customers.

Just a thought but I like the direction of v4.0 so far from what I've seen.

The Order link is really nice. We manually added that to our site when we first switched over.

If possible at some point, it might be nice to have group pricing based on current customer vs. non current customer. Without thinking through all of it, I could see us having the ability to assign 'price groups' on each order form. This would allow us to offer a break on domains or ssl or whatever to current customers.

That would be nice, I could see that tying into client groups well.

pricing per groups/packages is a great option , we have request this in old time .