Logicboxes Issues

evolvewh

Question

Blesta v3.6.2

Logicboxes Standard v2.2.1

I've got a client trying to update their Whois Info on their side (client portal side) and the changes say they are saved and I can see the success messages under Tools -->> Logs, however, the changes do not actually save. If they leave that screen and come back to it, it shows the old values.

I can force the changes on the admin side and they work but the client side does not work at all for the updates.

Has anyone else experienced this or have a solution?

Edited by evolvewh
Correction

15 answers to this question

Has anyone else experienced this? Here are the steps to reproduce it:

Go to manage and update any of the Whois information.

Click Save (you'll see the success message)

Leave the tab, go to a different page or tab and when you return to the Whois tab, the old information will still show.

Both the admin and client whois tabs perform identical actions, so it's interesting that one works while the other doesn't. When you check the module logs, do you see identical requests/responses when updating the whois information? There must be something different in the input or output between submissions from the admin versus client interfaces. Can you include the logs (with sensitive data excluded/masked) from a successful and unsuccessful attempt?

If the client is trying to change the Nameservers within the client side of blesta system.  & the domain is locked within the registrar then the valued nameservers that was set prior to the locking will stay the same value until the domain is unlocked.  Even though you are forcing the changes in the admin side, the values are not going to 'really' change.   Please someone correct me if I am wrong here people.

11 hours ago, ExpertIntegrations said:

If the client is trying to change the Nameservers within the client side of blesta system.  & the domain is locked within the registrar then the valued nameservers that was set prior to the locking will stay the same value until the domain is unlocked.  Even though you are forcing the changes in the admin side, the values are not going to 'really' change.   Please someone correct me if I am wrong here people.

The clent was trying to update the Whois information. Not the nameservers.

56 minutes ago, AnthonyL said:

the only time i've come across a locked domain preventing nameserver  changes is with .ca domains on opensrs i think. And that was 10 years ago

unless there's something very specific to the TLD, changing nameservers should work fine regardless if a domain is locked or not

It's the Whois information. Not the nameservers.

My apologies for the confusion. Multi Tasking always seems to get me in trouble.

Here are the messages. The domain is locked and the client has tried to update the Whois information.

1) They make the changes and click save: The data was successfully updated.

2) I have the same input / output 4 times and a success message for each in the logs:

Input:

https://httpapi.com/api/contacts/modify.json
a:13:{s:10:"contact-id";s:8:"33189728";s:4:"name";s:21:"Name";s:7:"company";s:25:"Company";s:5:"email";s:19:"Enauk /address";s:14:"address-line-1";s:18:"Address 1";s:4:"city";s:8:"City";s:5:"state";s:8:"State";s:7:"zipcode";s:5:"Zip";s:7:"country";s:2:"US";s:8:"phone-cc";s:1:"1";s:5:"phone";s:10:"Phone Number";s:11:"auth-userid";s:6:"481018";s:7:"api-key";s:32:"xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx";}

Of course I got rid of the clients details above to post this.

Output:

https://httpapi.com/api/contacts/modify.json
{"entityid":"33189728","status":"Success","eaqid":"379050693","actiontypedesc":"Modification of Contact Details in the Registry","actionstatusdesc":"Contact modification completed successfully in all registry","currentaction":"379050693","actiontype":"Mod","actionstatus":"Success","description":"DomainContact"}

7 hours ago, Licensecart said:

From the two guys above you will not be able to edit the domain UNTIL the domain is UN-LOCKED. But you must have found a bug because it's not showing you an error.

That makese sense. I'll have to add text to tell clients to unlock it and I'll modify this text on the Settings tab: Release the registrar lock so the domain can be transferred.

Thanks!