Mail Piping Not Working with SMTP

mas.satriyo

Question

i've configured blesta to use smtp with my own account (smtp server - smtp account - etc.)

i configured 'Piping' in 'Mail Handling'
but mail piping from Support/Ticket not working

ticket created not forwarded to email

did anyone use smtp for mail settings in blesta and working mail piping?

4 answers to this question

Email piping for the support system and using SMTP for outgoing mail are completely separate and should not affect each other in any way, except that all outbound email, including that of the support system, would use SMTP for outgoing mail. If SMTP is not working for the support system, it shouldn't be working for any email. Double check that your credentials are correct and that the necessary ports are open at your firewall.

On 8/21/2016 at 11:34 PM, Licensecart said:

You can't use piping and SMTP. You use either of them, we use SMTP so you enter your SMTP details on the department and then wait for the cron to run which will then import emails every 5 minutes.

sorry, i mean i'm using SMTP in Settings > Company > Mail Settings
and "Piping" in Support > Departments
mail piping not working with this configuration, no email imported

but while i was using PHP mail in Settings > Company > Mail Settings and "Piping" in Support > Department, it was working, mail imported well

2 hours ago, Paul said:

Email piping for the support system and using SMTP for outgoing mail are completely separate and should not affect each other in any way, except that all outbound email, including that of the support system, would use SMTP for outgoing mail. If SMTP is not working for the support system, it shouldn't be working for any email. Double check that your credentials are correct and that the necessary ports are open at your firewall.

i've checked credentials, port and security setting
it is working in my other script/cms, but not in blesta
i can send email from "Client > Account Actions > Email client but mail piping is not working

So if you change your PHP mail settings back to PHP Mail, then email piping works again? These are unrelated and one should have no impact on the other.

With piping, an email forwarder needs to be set up on your server to send email to Blesta directly. Mike mentioned a configuration where you are checking email via cron every 5 minutes using IMAP. IMAP/POP and Piping are 2 separate methods for fetching tickets.

If you have Blesta configured for piping, and you send an email to the department, you should get some kind of response. Either a reply from the support system, or a bounce from the server if it's unable to pipe the email to Blesta. See https://docs.blesta.com/display/user/Support+Manager#SupportManager-email-pipingEmailPiping for docs on email piping to make sure you have it configured properly.