Domain Manager - We need your feedback on domains

Paul

Please try to make Like their Domain Manager.
Domain Search https://www.hover.com
https://www.hover.com/domains/results?q=blesta
https://www.hover.com/transfer_in/eligible
https://www.hover.com/domain-pricing

Their Domain Management system is best

Also try to pool Price by Enom and OpenSRS/Because Here is over 500+ Domain EXT.If possible use bulk price upload via csv.

• 1 month later...

I haven't seen the domain name manual setup.

I would like to setup any domain name with any price for 1 year or two, paid with paypal or whatever. The domain name should be available to add to clients account any time. The domain name would send a ticket 30 days before the domain name expires to the account holders email address. The domain name could include all the other features whois etc if ticked off. The domain name would have its own line on the invoice for payment or be invoiced separately any time.

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, evolvewh said:

@Paul

Can the domain modules update expirations through the API or cron? When we transfer domains in, we don't always catch the actual expiration date to get it updated and it would be nice if this could be done automatically.

Maybe he asking Domain Synchronize by API (We want Enom OpenSRS & 1isi) for Domain Synchronize

http://api.hostbillapp.com/domains/domainSynch/

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Jawanet said:

Have idea to create order form step for shared hosting?

1 Choose Hosting Plan

2. Domain Options (Use My Domain, Register, Transfer)

3. Configure & Checkout ?

I hope sir @Paul can be implemented as a core blesta function :blesta:

Pretty sure someone could create an order template that does this now. It would break the mold a bit, but I believe it's possible.

Most of the forms we looked at when we implemented this originally went from Domain > Hosting> Configure & Checkout. Reversing those first two would definitely be a good alternative and something we will consider.

17 minutes ago, Paul said:

Pretty sure someone could create an order template that does this now. It would break the mold a bit, but I believe it's possible.

Most of the forms we looked at when we implemented this originally went from Domain > Hosting> Configure & Checkout. Reversing those first two would definitely be a good alternative and something we will consider.

But Need to option always choose domain http://domain.incorder.com/en/web-hosting/index.php
After order hosting/server/vps need popup like this order new domain via domain search.

I already have a Domain Name

I want to buy a new Domain Name  I want to transfer Domain Name

11 minutes ago, Paul said:

I think it would be a good idea to reverse those two. As much as we (and I'm sure other companies) like to sell new domain names and get customers to transfer from other providers, I think having the hosting signup portion at the beginning would be more logical and then ask them to select one of three options:

1) I'd like to register a new domain

2) I'd like to transfter my domain from another provider

3) I'll update my nameservers

Actually, after thinking about this more, I think the domain questions need to be first since the hosting fields are going to ask for the domain they want to use. If they want to register a new domain and it's not available, it's better to find out in the first step vs. in the 2nd step and having to go backwards to re edit the hosting details.

1 hour ago, evolvewh said:

Actually, after thinking about this more, I think the domain questions need to be first since the hosting fields are going to ask for the domain they want to use. If they want to register a new domain and it's not available, it's better to find out in the first step vs. in the 2nd step and having to go backwards to re edit the hosting details.

Blesta addons has this done in this website . He didnt want to sell the order form template when we have contact them , let all us request them to release it :)

Https://naja7host.com/en/order

The order has another wonderfull thing is the unique form for multiple product ( servers, vps .... )

13 hours ago, activa said:

Blesta addons has this done in this website . He didnt want to sell the order form template when we have contact them , let all us request them to release it :)

Https://naja7host.com/en/order

The order has another wonderfull thing is the unique form for multiple product ( servers, vps .... )

we are testing the order form template for hosting provider in that website, at the moment is working fine with a few simple issue that was fixed now ... we will release it when we are soon to v4 final .

• 4 months later...
37 minutes ago, Blesta Addons said:

i want to know the Blesta team decision about the new domain manager. they will let the domains as services and then add some enhancements to the packages/modules or they will go as plugin ?

Domains will almost certainly remain as services but be given a designation as domains so they can be displayed a little differently. That seems to be the simplest way forward. There will still be a plugin, which will handle creating a pricing grid, syncing renew dates, whois etc. The idea with the pricing grid is that packages will have the ability to defer pricing to a plugin. So, the idea is you could create a single package and not set any pricing, and it will obtain pricing from the plugin/pricing matrix for all TLDs and register/renew/xfer.

This is subject to change to some extent, but should give you some idea of where we are headed.

16 minutes ago, Paul said:

Domains will almost certainly remain as services but be given a designation as domains so they can be displayed a little differently. That seems to be the simplest way forward. There will still be a plugin, which will handle creating a pricing grid, syncing renew dates, whois etc. The idea with the pricing grid is that packages will have the ability to defer pricing to a plugin. So, the idea is you could create a single package and not set any pricing, and it will obtain pricing from the plugin/pricing matrix.

This is subject to change to some extent, but should give you some idea of where we are headed.

This is a good approach.

1 hour ago, Paul said:

Domains will almost certainly remain as services but be given a designation as domains so they can be displayed a little differently. That seems to be the simplest way forward. There will still be a plugin, which will handle creating a pricing grid, syncing renew dates, whois etc. The idea with the pricing grid is that packages will have the ability to defer pricing to a plugin. So, the idea is you could create a single package and not set any pricing, and it will obtain pricing from the plugin/pricing matrix for all TLDs and register/renew/xfer.

When you say 'displayed differently', I'm sure you're referring more to the way pricing is displayed during signup, correct? Will this change also list the domains separately from other services (hosting, ssl, etc) in the 'services section' of the admin and client area?

Are there any plans to be able to resend Transfer Confirmation emails or automate the process of adding Whois Protection? Right now, those are both manual processes that add up over time.

I'm also hoping you have plans to modify the transfer process a little bit as a whole?

9 hours ago, evolvewh said:

When you say 'displayed differently', I'm sure you're referring more to the way pricing is displayed during signup, correct? Will this change also list the domains separately from other services (hosting, ssl, etc) in the 'services section' of the admin and client area?

Are there any plans to be able to resend Transfer Confirmation emails or automate the process of adding Whois Protection? Right now, those are both manual processes that add up over time.

I'm also hoping you have plans to modify the transfer process a little bit as a whole?

We have this auto in our production , we have hire @Blesta Addons   to make some changes in logicboxes module to support potection privacy as configurable option, and to support the new transfert policy, support suspend and unsuspend domain, support manual renew from admin side, resend transfer request, restore domain, forwarding and dns manager,  and i believe other modules can add such feature as well.

4 hours ago, activa said:

We have this auto in our production , we have hire @Blesta Addons   to make some changes in logicboxes module to support potection privacy as configurable option, and to support the new transfert policy, support suspend and unsuspend domain, support manual renew from admin side, resend transfer request, restore domain, forwarding and dns manager,  and i believe other modules can add such feature as well.

+1 for that. !

16 hours ago, evolvewh said:

From what I know mate yes the pricing will be changed so you see something like:

[Blank box][Term] [Register] [Transfer] [Renewal]

1 Year 9.99 7.99 9.99

Something like that. Then there will be a page and some settings for Domain privacy etc which they can buy from the manage page on the domain box.

And there will be two boxes

[ Services ]

[ Domains ]

4 hours ago, Licensecart said:

From what I know mate yes the pricing will be changed so you see something like:

[Blank box][Term] [Register] [Transfer] [Renewal]

1 Year 9.99 7.99 9.99

Something like that. Then there will be a page and some settings for Domain privacy etc which they can buy from the manage page on the domain box.

And there will be two boxes

[ Services ]

[ Domains ]

Thanks! It's hard to visualize so we'll have to wait and see what they release. I'm excited!