Domain Manager - We need your feedback on domains

Paul

2 hours ago, CyberHour said:

As long Blesta is targeting the hosting industry it should cover everything! End of the story.

+100000000000000000000000000000000000000000 . this is the real happy end story :blesta:

Still waiting the native affiliate system which can be done in one day.
Still waiting for better coupon system... needless to say the amount of $ we have lose .

We want to do something as plugins for those two feature, but we found we need to make some core files change, so we stopped the work .

we are the one who are pushing Blesta and WE are the one who support this project! 

We Still with blesta because we support it, even if the competitor has a importer of blesta now . when we support any project that not mean we should always applause anything they do, anything they want to do, we should give ideas, advices, notes, and we punish them when we found something that should not be as it should.

in the end, they invent and manufacture the soft, and we are who use it in real life .

Why the heck you are comparing lowend (and also free one) billing system with Blesta?

I never mentioned a free one I was comparing with WHMCS but didn't want to mention it Lampard mentioned Boxbilling.

I agree there needs to be improvements with the domain system and they are working on it. You can either have updates and small features whilst they work on it or no updates / new features and they work 24/7 on just the domain manager. Can't light the candle at both ends sadly.

18 hours ago, CyberHour said:

BlestaStore: Why the heck you are comparing lowend (and also free one) billing system with Blesta? And by the way I would advise you to rethink the way you are talking with the people who are actually PAYING for Blesta. After all, we are the one who are pushing Blesta and WE are the one who support this project! 

I didn't heard you complaining when you take my money right? ;)

As long Blesta is targeting the hosting industry it should cover everything! End of the story.
Still waiting the native affiliate system which can be done in one day.
Still waiting for better coupon system... needless to say the amount of $ we have lose .

There is no reason deffending Blesta from those who are using it....

@Paul I see no happy end with such attitute !

Yes true, it should have everything that hosting company needs.
And yes, i agree with that we need affiliate system too which is very necessary. I am not sure why they are recommending me to buy from third-party place. This plugin should be officially made by Blesta. Coupon system is also not good, due to that i am not even able to create coupons since i cannot choose the terms which is very bad. Coupons are actually useless in Blesta.

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Blesta Addons said:

any progress? we neeed this, at least the multi price system (register/transfer/renew) , we can life with this feature now. or blesta need sponsoring to achieve this core task ?

I agree with Blesta Addons, I don´t know why blesta is taking so long to do something the community needs desperately. We know guys you are working on that, but we can´t wait years to have it done.

13 hours ago, Blesta Addons said:

any progress? we neeed this, at least the multi price system (register/transfer/renew) , we can life with this feature now. or blesta need sponsoring to achieve this core task ?

Just being honest, why would this need to be sponsored? I wouldn't mind this getting sponsored if it was an extra feature not necessary. This feature is VERY important and unfortunately we see no interest from Blesta Developers.
And monthly updates, i see nothing special in it. Its more like fixing three or four bugs and releasing just to show off that we update every month which has no significant change.

12 minutes ago, Lampard said:

Just being honest, why would this need to be sponsored? I wouldn't mind this getting sponsored if it was an extra feature not necessary. This feature is VERY important and unfortunately we see no interest from Blesta Developers.

is just a action from me, the main group company that has more than 50% shareholding is planning now to move to the other billing software as they have now importer for blesta and has the hosting solutions out of the box, but i didn't want to move and i want to push blesta team to make it .

is just a action from me, the main group company that has more than 50% shareholding is planning now to move to the other billing software as they have now importer for blesta and has the hosting solutions out of the box, but i didn't want to move and i want to push blesta team to make it .

Personally, since this topic was started over a year ago, we would be happy with no other updates (aside from major bugs to the core functions) until this core feature is added in. I realize we are in the US and stick to more of the core features (authorize.net, cPanel, etc) but I wonder why it's such a big push to introduce all of these other gateways and plugins yet the domain manager isn't in Beta yet. Are these other gateways and plugins that popular and really going to boost the popularity of Blesta or would a better domain feature accomplish this? I'm quite certain we are losing a lot of domain sales but have no real way to prove it. I do know from an admin standpoint, we are doing a lot of manual work to handle transfers, privacy, etc.

@Blesta Addons has been a huge asset to this community helping many people out and it would be a real shame to see them go away to another platform.

Paul, is there any update on this plugin even it's not at an alpha or beta stage yet?

I would hate to see you pulled to the dark side. I personally think fixing the domain management would pull MAJOR SALES in for blesta. 

There's quiet a big lack of intuitive features I have been finding out as time goes by. I am feeling a little bit limited in how to work certain things with clients and feeling like WHMCS for the moment might be our best choice. I really do not want to migrate back to that though. Ouch! Hopefully more of these features start being prioritized or the development team grows?

Just my 2c.

On 11/8/2017 at 10:17 AM, evolvewh said:

Paul, is there any update on this plugin even it's not at an alpha or beta stage yet?

@Paul is there any update? I know you've said you'll let us know when something is ready to test but we didn't realize it was going to be this long. Please give the community an update.

• 1 month later...

day after day, week after week, month after month, year after year, we begin feeling this will not come and we should search another alternative, we can't wast a years waiting something that will come after a couple of years !!!! at the moment we are almost out of the market only because we use soft that can't handle the hosting industry as it should, several times we have mentioned that and it appear that the team is not interested in that market. i give a sample case, in our group company we blesta and the other soft,

Blesta, 100 unique visitors per day, only we get arround 7/10 new clients.

Other Soft, 25 unique visitors per day, only we get arround 5/10 new clients.

the two website has the same products and prices. after a deep look in the stats, we found the other soft is getting the clients because it has something that never exist in blesta,

- Bundles Products
- Free Domain in some packages
- Free price for domain transfert
- a simple hosting order form

for other products like licenses, vps, servers, we don't find any issue that can be a major issue for us .

blesta never can be a solution for a big hosters, yes this is the sad reality, it can feat the need for a small company, but for the real hosters isn't. we bloated our blesta with custom plugin to handle some tasks that should be in core, but we can accept this, at less we have a way to do it without hacking the core files, but for others task we can't do anything, as we need to hack core files and redo the work in every upgrade .

the real problem is not the domain manager, the real problem is other tasks that we see it away from the domain manager.

- Multi price (register/transfer/renew)
- Bundles packages
- True Hosting Order form

if the 3 above features exist, the registrar modules can be improved to handle what it left, like dns, forwarding ... ect .

i can't see one of my big brand go down day after day just because it use blesta, is true i love blesta, but i love my brands/companies more.

• 1 month later...

Blesta Addons you are 100% right, not sure why they are not listening to us but they should. Is no way a small or big company can provide a good service with all these limitations impose by blesta. Not upgrading, fixing their domain management system and other really important things will make blesta not suitable for a hosting provider company. Is sad but they are forcing us to find other software that can perform this job in a better way.

44 minutes ago, jassdesi said:

Blesta Addons you are 100% right, not sure why they are not listening to us but they should. Is no way a small or big company can provide a good service with all these limitations impose by blesta. Not upgrading, fixing their domain management system and other really important things will make blesta not suitable for a hosting provider company. Is sad but they are forcing us to find other software that can perform this job in a better way.

Absolutely Blesta is at this point even could cost you if your not careful. :( 

I will try to hold on but if I don't see improvements with this and that extra potential costs that this billing platform will eventually place for one of their integrations sorted out I too will has to consider other options. :(

On 1/31/2018 at 10:55 PM, MineHarvest66 said:

Absolutely Blesta is at this point even could cost you if your not careful. :( 

I will try to hold on but if I don't see improvements with this and that extra potential costs that this billing platform will eventually place for one of their integrations sorted out I too will has to consider other options. :(

that is sad to hear everyone is having to move back to the dark side of whmcs or some other panel because of domain manager features not being added yet. this is sad though since I would hate to see everyone having to find other options :(

16 hours ago, espservices said:

Hi,

I'm new here and looking forward to start using Blesta. Domains are not my main business.. but a very important part. Can please someone from Blesta team tell if they are working on this? If yes, any kind of timeframe?

Thanks

The last response I got was basically 'we have a lot of work to do but we should have something available by the end of the year'.

On 04/02/2018 at 10:41 PM, espservices said:

I'm new here and looking forward to start using Blesta. Domains are not my main business.. but a very important part. Can please someone from Blesta team tell if they are working on this? If yes, any kind of timeframe?

i'm sure they are designing something and they are working on it.

Hello everybody :) im back :P

First of, sorry to all for not updating all my modules/plugins/extensions/etc

Have been very buisy the last 2 years :( family and work eheh :)

My first question is:

WTF, Blesta didnt release the new domain system????

We are ready to major change from whmcs to blesta, and also to update all our free modules/plugins/etc but now we are thinking twice :( I hope to be rong :blesta:

@Paul Any feedback?

P.S: @Blesta Addons Sorry for not testing or send anu replies :(