Allow Replying To Closed Tickets

isaacl

Disclaimer: I haven't yet installed Blesta, but I've opened a ticket on the Blesta support system, which seems to be using Blesta itself.

Is it possible to allow the option of allowing users to reply to tickets that are closed?

We use the Zendesk ticket system for work, and they let users reply to closed/solved tickets, which reopens the ticket.

I believe that once a ticket is solved for 3 days, then it goes to a closed state, where replying (which may only work by email, but I never really tested it) would open up a new follow up ticket.

Is this something that's possible to implement in Blesta, or at least allow the option to allow this?

Thanks!

If a ticket is closed, what purpose does that status serve if the ticket can still be replied to?

I can see having a Re-open Ticket option available X days after a ticket is closed, and which may be extended to replies being emailed in, but otherwise, I think the Closed status needs to be used as the ticket end-state.

If someone on the company end thinks that a ticket is solved, and marks it as solved, and the client still has an issue, they should be able to re-open the ticket, instead of having to open a new ticket.
I believe Zendesk has a "Solved" state for up to 3-4 days, where tickets can still be reopened, and then they have a "Closed" state, where tickets can no longer be opened, and users can only create follow up tickets.
Here's a post on how that works: https://support.zend...-Closed-ticket-
And also having an option to create a follow up ticket for closed tickets, so that the new ticket contains a reference/link to the original ticket, would be an awesome option as well.

If a ticket is closed, what purpose does that status serve if the ticket can still be replied to?

I can see having a Re-open Ticket option available X days after a ticket is closed, and which may be extended to replies being emailed in, but otherwise, I think the Closed status needs to be used as the ticket end-state.

I like this way in the future maybe, available for 24 hours? or maybe 2 days?

I've done it before! A company marked my ticket as closed, but I still had a question. Sure I could have opened another ticket, but then I'd have had to refer to my old ticket, blah blah blah, so I just replied to the ticket and it automatically reopened it. I liked the feature.

If someone on the company end thinks that a ticket is solved, and marks it as solved, and the client still has an issue, they should be able to re-open the ticket, instead of having to open a new ticket.

I believe Zendesk has a "Solved" state for up to 3-4 days, where tickets can still be reopened, and then they have a "Closed" state, where tickets can no longer be opened, and users can only create follow up tickets.

Here's a post on how that works: https://support.zend...-Closed-ticket-

And also having an option to create a follow up ticket for closed tickets, so that the new ticket contains a reference/link to the original ticket, would be an awesome option as well.

I think that this would probably be the best way to go about it. 

Any official word on if this will be added into an upcoming version of Blesta, either as an option, or as the default?

Thanks!

Probably will be since the high interest at it, however it probably will be added to the list of features to come to the Support Manager update. Paul, Cody and Tyson are the only ones who know if it will be though.

Probably will be since the high interest at it, however it probably will be added to the list of features to come to the Support Manager update. Paul, Cody and Tyson are the only ones who know if it will be though.

Great feature request. I agree 100%. Thanks for the update Paul. 

CubicWebs, where'd you get the neat hoodie? Send one my way, guys ;) 

I agree.  I have a lot of clients who just email us (through their email client) replying to the last message we sent so they don't ever login to the system.  As time goes on, they find the last email to/from us and reply to it with whatever new request they have.  That thread ends up being miles long.

If this does become a feature, it would be nice to activate whether or not you want to allow clients to be able to do this within the admin/system settings.