Blesta & nginx via config service

INUMIO-Rob

Question

I'm going to purchase the install service (leave it to the pros) for the monthly unbranded blesta to see how it does in production for a few months, at which time I'll upgrade to the lifetime license.

My questions are:

1. I'm planning on spinning up a KVM in proxmox to put blesta on. Any officially supported or suggested linux environment over another?
  2. When I pay blesta team to install to said VPS, will you install and configure nginx instead of apache? Will such a configuration be supported?
  3. As long as the deps are met, blesta is stand alone, correct? I don't need or plan to install any other software, such as cpanel on this VPS. It's dedicated to billing / provisioning.

Thanks for your time.

8 answers to this question

38 minutes ago, INUMIO-Rob said:

I'm going to purchase the install service (leave it to the pros) for the monthly unbranded blesta to see how it does in production for a few months, at which time I'll upgrade to the lifetime license.

My questions are:

1. I'm planning on spinning up a KVM in proxmox to put blesta on. Any officially supported or suggested linux environment over another?
  2. When I pay blesta team to install to said VPS, will you install and configure nginx instead of apache? Will such a configuration be supported?
  3. As long as the deps are met, blesta is stand alone, correct? I don't need or plan to install any other software, such as cpanel on this VPS. It's dedicated to billing / provisioning.

Thanks for your time.

1. I usually recommend centos because I am more used to it as I have used ubuntu a long time ago but I now use Centos instead now

2. I am not a blesta dev so I cannot answer that @Paul can though.

3. yes blesta is standalone.

15 hours ago, INUMIO-Rob said:

When I pay blesta team to install to said VPS, will you install and configure nginx instead of apache? Will such a configuration be supported?

Part of the requirements for installation is that your VPS be ready for Blesta, which includes having a web server installed and configured that meets the system requirements. If you want to dump a freshly installed OS in our laps, we can install and configure the necessary dependencies on a CentOS 7 image, but this would include Apache as the web server and would cost extra.

2 hours ago, Paul said:

Part of the requirements for installation is that your VPS be ready for Blesta, which includes having a web server installed and configured that meets the system requirements. If you want to dump a freshly installed OS in our laps, we can install and configure the necessary dependencies on a CentOS 7 image, but this would include Apache as the web server and would cost extra.

Ah, no problem. I can certainly make ready the VPS for your install tasks. I'm very familiar with nginx, but wanted to make sure it was a supported web server for Blesta. Thanks for your reply.

4 hours ago, INUMIO-Rob said:

Ah, no problem. I can certainly make ready the VPS for your install tasks. I'm very familiar with nginx, but wanted to make sure it was a supported web server for Blesta. Thanks for your reply.

Nginx will work, but it's not fully supported. Because Blesta ships with a .htaccess file with mod_rewrite rules that are incompatible with Nginx, in order to get pretty URLs you'll need to make some configuration changes. There are community provided rules at https://github.com/cloudrck/blesta-nginx that you should find useful. Otherwise, all URLs will have /index.php/ prepended.