Order Form Troubles

evolvewh

Question

We had a client email us asking how to order hosting and SSL on the same order. We have it setup so that everything is ala carte vs. setting up a hosting package and adding all of the SSL certificates to that package as an add on.

I was under the impression that someone could order hosting, configure it and then go to our SSL page, choose that service and configure it and both the hosting and SSL would be in the cart. Instead, the first service (hosting in this case) is no longer in the cart.

To me, this doesn't make a lot of sense. When someone shops at an online store, items are retained in the cart as they shop around. Why isn't this the case with Blesta? I really don't want to think of the number of people that have left our site or another Blesta site because of the confusion and frustration.

Is an 'add on' the only way of getting around this issue?

5 answers to this question

9 minutes ago, evolvewh said:

We had a client email us asking how to order hosting and SSL on the same order. We have it setup so that everything is ala carte vs. setting up a hosting package and adding all of the SSL certificates to that package as an add on.

I was under the impression that someone could order hosting, configure it and then go to our SSL page, choose that service and configure it and both the hosting and SSL would be in the cart. Instead, the first service (hosting in this case) is no longer in the cart.

To me, this doesn't make a lot of sense. When someone shops at an online store, items are retained in the cart as they shop around. Why isn't this the case with Blesta? I really don't want to think of the number of people that have left our site or another Blesta site because of the confusion and frustration.

Is an 'add on' the only way of getting around this issue?

Do you have SSL and hosting in the same order form? If so, it should work as you expect. However, order forms are separate from one another and items cannot be ordered across them at the same time.

So, a Package Group for SSL, and a Package Group for Hosting assigned to the same order form should work. Just not 2 separate order forms.

4 minutes ago, Paul said:

Do you have SSL and hosting in the same order form? If so, it should work as you expect. However, order forms are separate from one another and items cannot be ordered across them at the same time.

So, a Package Group for SSL, and a Package Group for Hosting assigned to the same order form should work. Just not 2 separate order forms.

Right now, I have a separate order form for each hosting plan and each SSL. You're saying that if I assign the SSL group and Hosting group to each specific order form, it should work as I'm expecting it to? I'll give that a try right now

7 minutes ago, evolvewh said:

Very interesting.... I learn something new every day. Thanks for the tip and I'm correcting it on our install now.

Great! :blesta: 

I will add that some people have requested being able to maintain a cart across different order forms. This is something we'll look into in the future.

3 minutes ago, Paul said:

Great! :blesta: 

I will add that some people have requested being able to maintain a cart across different order forms. This is something we'll look into in the future.

This seems to solve the issue so I'm happy. Thank you for the quick response. I'm just amazed that I've used Blesta for over a year and I've just realized this.