Blog Post - Goodbye WordPress

Jonathon

it's a branding thing. If you're intent on becoming well known, your branding needs to match everywhere, including upper, lower case, font style, colors, and everything else that goes into your branding package. Companies pay big money for that. Think cPanel. It's cPanel. Not Cpanel or cpanel or CPANEL. cPanel. There's a reason why they did that and continued to make it part of their brand 

14 minutes ago, AnthonyL said:

it's a branding thing. If you're intent on becoming well known, your branding needs to match everywhere, including upper, lower case, font style, colors, and everything else that goes into your branding package. Companies pay big money for that. Think cPanel. It's cPanel. Not Cpanel or cpanel or CPANEL. cPanel. There's a reason why they did that and continued to make it part of their brand 

You'll see a lot of people putting cpanel, or interworx instead of InterWorx, and Blesta and not blesta because it's a "name" like people putting microsoft or google and not Microsoft and Google. Yahoo and not Yahoo! Does Yahoo complain that people aren't putting a ! on the end of Yahoo! like their logo? No, no-one cares :D

14 minutes ago, Licensecart said:

You'll see a lot of people putting cpanel, or interworx instead of InterWorx, and Blesta and not blesta because it's a "name" like people putting microsoft or google and not Microsoft and Google. Yahoo and not Yahoo! Does Yahoo complain that people aren't putting a ! on the end of Yahoo! like their logo? No, no-one cares :D

trust me, the company itself cares. That's why their branding is what it is. They're not going to go on a witch hunt and correct every spelling across the internet. But their own branding materials, press releases, interviews, you'll always see the right branding. The company will almost always correct an article or press release about them if they see it. 

1 hour ago, AnthonyL said:

trust me, the company itself cares. That's why their branding is what it is. They're not going to go on a witch hunt and correct every spelling across the internet. But their own branding materials, press releases, interviews, you'll always see the right branding. The company will almost always correct an article or press release about them if they see it. 

Can you link me to some proof please otherwise it's what you do :)

proof? just go look at every news release, official interview, etc from any company and look at how the outlet spells the company name.

I really don't care enough to continue this discussion, but the proof is all around you. Every major company that understands branding and how important it is does it. Look at cPanel. Anything officially related to cPanel is written cPanel. Press releases, interviews they give. Yahoo is the same. WordPress.  I'm not sure what kind of proof you're looking for when it's right in front of you. 

1 hour ago, AnthonyL said:

proof? just go look at every news release, official interview, etc from any company and look at how the outlet spells the company name.

I really don't care enough to continue this discussion, but the proof is all around you. Every major company that understands branding and how important it is does it. Look at cPanel. Anything officially related to cPanel is written cPanel. Press releases, interviews they give. Yahoo is the same. WordPress.  I'm not sure what kind of proof you're looking for when it's right in front of you. 

You said third party writing about companies care about their brand image you stated there the companies who own the companies blogs, not other people. Not SomeWebsite.com posted about cPanel and cPanel goes to SomeWebsite and says OI it's cPanel not cpanel. But hey you've said your bit I've said mine you seem to think everyone has to be perfect, and you don't care to continue so fair enough :D