[Extensions] Zendesk And GoDaddy Domains For Blesta By ModulesGarden

ModulesGarden

Hi guys!

After a little break, we are back!

ModulesGarden is proud to announce a double release of extensions designed specially for Blesta!
With our brand new products you will be able to expand the possibilities of your system and integrate with world-famous providers: Zendesk and GoDaddy!

Our first (actually the second  ;)) module called plainly Zendesk For Blesta will let you manage and respond to all your tickets directly in Zendesk. At the same time, your customers will be able to send and control their tickets, enriched with several interesting Zendesk features, straight from your client area! Have you ever considered using external customer service platform inside your Blesta? Now you have a chance!

The next module will enable you to automate the provisioning and management of over 300 TLDs & gTLDs in your Blesta. GoDaddy Domain Registrar For Blesta will empower your clients to register, transfer, renew and update domains provided by GoDaddy without even leaving your client area. An excellent tool for all GoDaddy API Resellers!

That's not everything! On this marvelous occasion we have prepared for you a 50% discount valid until the end of September! Just use this promo code: #MGForBlesta

We cordially invite you to visit our website and find out more about our new extensions:

1) Zendesk For Blesta

2) GoDaddy Domain Registrar For Blesta

We hope that our extensions will meet your expectations. You can test them for free, just download trial version from our pages. Do not hesitate to contact us, send your feedback and report bugs.

Need Custom Software Development For Your Business?

Specially for you we will adapt an application and its design to your own needs, create a new module or even a completely new system built from scratch!

Before plunking any money down on these modules, I'd appreciate knowing what changed? Why are you back to developing for Blesta? And how do we know you're not going to pack up and go away again?

I'm not a fan of buying modules, just to be abandoned by the developer later on. So until there's some satisfactory answers, I wouldn't pay a penny on these yet. 

19 minutes ago, AnthonyL said:

Before plunking any money down on these modules, I'd appreciate knowing what changed? Why are you back to developing for Blesta? And how do we know you're not going to pack up and go away again?

I'm not a fan of buying modules, just to be abandoned by the developer later on. So until there's some satisfactory answers, I wouldn't pay a penny on these yet. 

They created a module in the past called "cPanel Extended" and then whmcs signed them up on a contract to be an official partner and drop making Blesta modules, I assume that's expired so they can now re-make Blesta modules. Fresh start for them.

3 minutes ago, Licensecart said:

They created a module in the past called "cPanel Extended" and then whmcs signed them up on a contract to be an official partner and drop making Blesta modules, I assume that's expired so they can now re-make Blesta modules.

Thanks. It makes sense, but it's not very comforting. That means there's a pattern of this developer willing to sign exclusivity agreements, to the detriment of existing customers. 

ModulesGarden is probably the largest, most widely used source for extensions and custom development in the hosting industry. We see this as a great opportunity for our customers and Blesta overall. If you can use any of the modules they've released for Blesta, I would encourage you to buy them! Let's show them our support, and give them a good reason to make a lot more extensions for Blesta. :blesta: 

Plus, I mean, they have a 50% coupon right now.

1 hour ago, Paul said:

ModulesGarden is probably the largest, most widely used source for extensions and custom development in the hosting industry. We see this as a great opportunity for our customers and Blesta overall. If you can use any of the modules they've released for Blesta, I would encourage you to buy them! Let's show them our support, and give them a good reason to make a lot more extensions for Blesta. :blesta: 

I don't disagree at all. I've been preaching for a while now how Blesta should encourage more custom module development. I just have a sore spot for what happened here, and trying to think of ways we can guarantee it not happening again. 

The reason I seem sour on this is simple. I trust Blesta 100%. My business will be running on Blesta once the migration and customization is complete. I trust that Blesta will be there to issue security updates and software updates regularly. Blesta is a critical part of the business. 

I trust most of the developers here. Cyandark, Paulo, Naja have all shown they're willing to contribute time and resources into developing modules, even free ones. I trust them to do right by the customer. They've been here since V3 was released, and are still here today contributing. 

Can I trust a developer who made a pretty cool plugin, that people relied on, and then essentially deserted them? Like Mike mentioned above, everyone deserves a fresh start, but when you rely on software to run your business, you really don't want to break that trust, because it's very hard to get back. 

I don't think there are any guarantees in life, but I get what you're saying sure. If I remember correctly, they gave us the rights to the module, so they did the right thing there. I don't know if they can speak publicly with much detail about the events of the past, but they are welcome to do so if they want. I think it had less to do with MG and more to do with our competition trying to put the squeeze on us.

Whatever the case, I have confidence in MG, and it's good news for Blesta users. Time to bury the hatchet and move forward. The more 3rd party extensions available the better, and MG is certainly capable of turning them out. :blesta: 

Thank you for all your comments and your faith in ModulesGarden!

On 1.09.2016 at 6:45 PM, Licensecart said:

They created a module in the past called "cPanel Extended" and then whmcs signed them up on a contract to be an official partner and drop making Blesta modules, I assume that's expired so they can now re-make Blesta modules. Fresh start for them.

Everything is correct. cPanel Extended was our first module developed for Blesta and released over 3 years ago.

On 1.09.2016 at 7:00 PM, Paul said:

Thanks Paul! Indeed, with over 3000 projects finished and hundreds of official & custom modules developed mostly for web hosting, we are recognizable in the industry. We are aware of fact that the trust of Blesta community has to be earned first but we are now more than ready to contribute to your success. Awaiting with interests the outcomes of our actions, we count on Blesta community support.

On 1.09.2016 at 8:43 PM, AnthonyL said:

I don't disagree at all. I've been preaching for a while now how Blesta should encourage more custom module development. I just have a sore spot for what happened here, and trying to think of ways we can guarantee it not happening again. 

The reason I seem sour on this is simple. I trust Blesta 100%. My business will be running on Blesta once the migration and customization is complete. I trust that Blesta will be there to issue security updates and software updates regularly. Blesta is a critical part of the business. 

I trust most of the developers here. Cyandark, Paulo, Naja have all shown they're willing to contribute time and resources into developing modules, even free ones. I trust them to do right by the customer. They've been here since V3 was released, and are still here today contributing. 

Can I trust a developer who made a pretty cool plugin, that people relied on, and then essentially deserted them? Like Mike mentioned above, everyone deserves a fresh start, but when you rely on software to run your business, you really don't want to break that trust, because it's very hard to get back. 

That's more than understandable. Actually, we did not just pack up and went away without saying goodbye. Please be advised that once we developed the module and it turned out that we could not offer it any longer, we instantly took several actions to maintain the unwavering operation of the module. Firstly, we did not drop offering the support for those customers who already placed their orders until the module was taken by Blesta and successfully deployed. Yes, we gave the module to Blesta along with its documentation etc. because it was the only right thing to do, we believe. We are really happy to see that the module is still in the offer and it is actively developed. Furthermore, we offered full refunds but we still allowed our clients to use their modules for free, if that was their wish. It may appear that we deserted our clients but we did everything to reduce any inconveniences resulting from this unforeseen event. The migration and related processes went really smoothly and eventually the whole fuss has finished with success. We cannot turn back time but we can assure you that we always have the best interest of our clients in mind.

On 1.09.2016 at 10:31 PM, Joseph H said:

Welcome back, I totally agree with @Paul . 

My only Advice for @ModulesGarden is to create modules/plugins which are currently needed mostly by the Blesta community. 

Totally! We are open to any polls, either on Blesta's or our own forums. The more we understand your needs, the more useful solutions we can create for you.

Nice, welcome back to the land of Blesta.

I was sad to see you guys go when you signed your exclusivity agreement. Hopefully now that you've returned, we'll be able to do more business here.

I suspect that most people will come to you and insist on having a copy of the source in the event you are forced to do what you did last time, from this point on. I know I would, if I considered hiring ModulesGarden for my module development needs.

Keiro, that should not be a problem as we always provide our customers with the source code of their custom software development projects. If we code something specially for you, then the code is yours. This is natural.

If we create and officially release a module completely on our own, then it is usually encrypted, but in most cases we offer its open source version as well.

14 minutes ago, ModulesGarden said:

Keiro, that should not be a problem as we always provide our customers with the source code of their custom software development projects. If we code something specially for you, then the code is yours. This is natural.

If we create and officially release a module completely on our own, then it is usually encrypted, but in most cases we offer its open source version as well.

That is very good to know. I've noticed you have done other modules for the competitor and have released open-source versions as well. I like this, as it provides the buyer with a lot of flexibility.

Still, I hope you do well here. :)

Hello ModulesGarden :)

"Welcome" back :P

Long time custommer from WHMCS on some ModulesGarden WHMCS Modules, they still work great :)

I have very high expectations from ModulesGarden programmers to Blesta community :)

I hope to see a lot of new stuff for Blesta on your main website company :) :blesta: 

Regards,
PV

• 6 years later...
  • Paul locked this topic