Vultr For Blesta Provisioning Module

timnboys

11 minutes ago, austenite said:

Can't get it to install now, last time I just extracted it into a folder called 'vultr' in /components/modules but that's not working this time. Need to add a readme into the download!

you're right I need to add a readme but you already did everything right except missed a step you put your key in the license_key.php file to allow the module to call home with that key

5 minutes ago, timnboys said:

you're right I need to add a readme but you already did everything right except missed a step you put your key in the license_key.php file to allow the module to call home with that key

I've already inserted the license key into that file. Am I missing anything else? It's still not showing in available modules. 

7 minutes ago, austenite said:

I've already inserted the license key into that file. Am I missing anything else? It's still not showing in available modules. 

oh what version of blesta are you running? because the module expects to be installed in {blesta_root_dir}\components\modules\vultr\vultr.php it should be at least 3 levels up to the blesta root directory from the module's files/directory

do you have php 5.6 installed? including ioncube loader v5 series?

nevermind found the issue WHMCS says invalid key on its licensing logs.

you don't think you could come on my livechat on my website do you?

7 minutes ago, timnboys said:

oh what version of blesta are you running? because the module expects to be installed in {blesta_root_dir}\components\modules\vultr\vultr.php it should be at least 3 levels up to the blesta root directory from the module's files/directory

do you have php 5.6 installed? including ioncube loader v5 series?

Okay, just got it working, I was missing vultr.php, no idea how that happened! 

However, I'm still getting the license invalid error.

3 minutes ago, austenite said:

Okay, just got it working, I was missing vultr.php, no idea how that happened! 

However, I'm still getting the license invalid error.

WHMCS reports saying your Key is Invalid did you copy the entire key length into license_key.php like so?

<?php
$license_key = "Trial-Vultr-Blesta-randomstring"; // Enter Your license key

5 minutes ago, Keiro said:

If you'd like help in ensuring the module works okay, I'd be happy to help ensure the module works to your expectations.

How can you help?

6 minutes ago, timnboys said:

WHMCS reports saying your Key is Invalid did you copy the entire key length into license_key.php like so?

<?php
$license_key = "Trial-Vultr-Blesta-randomstring"; // Enter Your license key

Yes, that's how I have it, still no luck!

On 9/12/2016 at 5:14 PM, AnthonyL said:

I'm very big on UI. I've had every plugin currently in use for Blesta custom themed to fit my blesta install. Is there a way to do this with your encoded module? And when I talk modification, it's not just colours :) - it's placement, looks, amount of clicks to do X and Y. 

Also, what are the current features for the module? Can it load a custom snapshot from Vultr? I have a few there with custom init scripts to simplify setup and clustering.

Will it support hourly billing eventually? 

How is the security of this module? Has it been peer-reviewed, or reviewed by a third party? 

I'm interested in this one. Just need to know a bit more about it before plunking down the recurring cash for it. 

Edit : Is there a way for this module to get the ip data back from vultr, and send it to another module (let's say a monitoring module)? 

I didn't see your edit until now; yes there can be a way you can push/send information from the module from vultr to another module like a monitoring module(but I would have to know how to tie both of them together since I don't know currently what the monitoring module api uses.)

also yes you could get a owned license as if it is better for your setup you could easily get the owned license not the monthly license and not worry about paying anymore for it unless you want upgrades/patches/support after a year.

• 3 months later...

Hello im interesting in this module but i have a couple of question

1- Is possible to use this plugin with a recurring payments gateways? ( for sample if the user don't pay for the months fee Blesta will Pause or Terminate the Vultr Instance?

2- Is posible to limid the option in the client side sample: Dont show, Pause, Terminate ,Re-install Vultr Instance

2 hours ago, jninhilario said:

1- Is possible to use this plugin with a recurring payments gateways? ( for sample if the user don't pay for the months fee Blesta will Pause or Terminate the Vultr Instance?

Yes, this is the case with all modules that implement a suspend and cancel option, and I assume this one does as well. (You need to install the Auto Cancel plugin to cancel suspended services automatically though https://docs.blesta.com/display/user/Auto+Cancel)

2 hours ago, jninhilario said:

2- Is posible to limid the option in the client side sample: Dont show, Pause, Terminate ,Re-install Vultr Instance

Probably not, at least not without removing it from everyone by modifying the module. We are planning to allow certain management options that modules implement be permissions based on the Package level in the future though.

On 1/16/2017 at 5:17 PM, Paul said:

Yes, this is the case with all modules that implement a suspend and cancel option, and I assume this one does as well. (You need to install the Auto Cancel plugin to cancel suspended services automatically though https://docs.blesta.com/display/user/Auto+Cancel)

Probably not, at least not without removing it from everyone by modifying the module. We are planning to allow certain management options that modules implement be permissions based on the Package level in the future though.

yes this module does implement a suspend,cancel function otherwise what use would it be?

2- Is posible to limid the option in the client side sample: Dont show, Pause, Terminate ,Re-install Vultr Instance

that is very possible using a flag in the module and I will add your request to our "to-do" list and I cannot guarantee this but your request might be in the next update. 

• 5 months later...

we are aware of the issue of documentation missing for the module and would like to clarify some feedback we received that this module and others like it aren't unsupported and while we may have confused some people on our support policy we didn't mean to and would like to clarify that all modules are supported and any issues from them will be resolved if it is directly related to the module now if it isn't directly related to the module as being the root cause of the issue and the fix can be found easy on google we would refer you to google to solve the issue though if the root cause is related to our modules and is the root culprit of the issue then we will support the module and resolve any and all issues like that though you must tell us of the issue and provide someway like screenshots to show us the issue happening so we can better resolve the issue(s) in a support ticket. otherwise if we cannot reproduce the issue(s) ourself on our own systems and aren't provided any screenshots or something showing the issue(s) happening then we will not be able to find the root cause without further information and ask you please be detailed in your requests please.