Enverido - Simpler Licensing

cogative

enverido-500.png

Here at Enverido we're happy to announce the first release of our Blesta module!

What is Enverido?

Enverido is a brand-new licensing service which is currently in its BETA testing phase. We hope to make it easier and more affordable than ever before to license your software, and to that end we make available a simple and flexible API, pre-built libraries for a variety of programming languages, as well as a handy web interface to manage and view licence and product information, and finally several "pre-built" integrations for 3rd party services, of which Blesta is the first.

While we believe that Enverido is now at a point where it is ready to begin licensing products, we are aware that it's still in its BETA testing phase! Because of this, we're offering our "business" subscription plan for only $10/month (normally $50/month). This plan allows you to generate an unlimited number of licences for an unlimited number of products. We're also looking for any feedback you have about anything, and we're eager to listen and implement your ideas.

What can it do for me?

We currently have several key features implemented, with others already on the horizon and in development. As it stands, our feature list is as follows:

• Create licences for separate products under one account
  • Licences can be locked to a domain name or IP address, or neither
  • Licences can have any duration! Your licences aren't fixed to only being 1 year/month in length!
  • Issue, reissue, suspend and unsuspend licences
  • API documented and ready to use
  • Blesta module ready to use
  • Web UI for manual licence generation, licence management and account management
  • Pre-built libraries for several platforms and languages

How does Enverido integrate with Blesta?

Simply create an account on our website (for free!) and install our Blesta module (available on the Blesta marketplace now). Once you've entered your API key and account information into the Blesta module, you'll be ready to go! Simply create a package using the "Enverido" module and you can begin selling licences. Our Blesta module currently has the following features:

• Automatic renewal - licences renew automatically when the Blesta service is renewed
  • Automatic suspension - licences are suspended automatically if the Blesta service is suspended
  • Reissue licences - clients can reissue their own licences from within Blesta, either to reinstall their product or to change their domain name, IP address or email
  • Licence management - members of staff can change licence details from the Blesta admin area
  • Instant generation - Licences are generated and displayed in Blesta as soon as invoices are paid
  • Email licence information - You can use Blesta's welcome email to send your customers their licence information via email

These features all work in tandem with our own web UI - licences generated by Blesta can still be seen and managed in the web UI if you choose to . 

What does it cost?

Prices for Enverido start from $0. Our homebrew plan is completely free, with no strings attached or requirements to upgrade. To allow as many people as possible to start licensing, we provide plans at a range of price points. Our other two plans are the "Start-up plan" priced at $20/month, and the "Business plan" priced at $50/month. You can see subscription plan information on our website, here.

However, as a thank you for BETA testing our product we're giving you the option to subscribe to a special "BETA testers plan", priced at $10/month - this will allow you to generate an unlimited number of licences for as many products as you want. The best thing? This will be your subscription cost forever, even after the BETA test ends, as long as you stay subscribed! 

How do I get started?

• Create a free account at enverido.com
  • Install our Blesta module
  • Take a look at our documentation if you get stuck
  • Like it? Subscribe to the BETA tester plan for only $10/month and receive a great discount!

Screenshots

Here are some screenshots of both the web UI and Blesta module to give you an insight into how everything feels. More screenshots of the Blesta module are available on our marketplace listing, and sign-up for a free account to see more of the web UI. 

Screen Shot 2016-09-13 at 14.11.14.pngScreen Shot 2016-09-13 at 14.15.49.pngScreen Shot 2016-09-13 at 14.15.24.png

Screen Shot 2016-09-13 at 15.15.54.pngScreen Shot 2016-09-13 at 15.16.06.pngScreen Shot 2016-09-13 at 15.16.17.png

Finally...

Thanks for taking the time to read - we're looking for any feedback or suggestions you might have. Our Blesta module is also completely open-source, feel free to modify as you wish. Have a great day! You can follow development, raise issues and make suggestions here.

36 minutes ago, cogative said:

Thanks - let us know if you see anything that could be improved! :D

it could have a license validation portal I got a whmcs owned license just for having the ability to have a license verification portal to make sure people could check to see if people are licensed & etc.

And also I am not really into paying into a "SaSS" software that has subscription to it I like blesta's and whmcs's licensing addons since I pay once for them and don't pay anymore

4 minutes ago, timnboys said:

it could have a license validation portal I got a whmcs owned license just for having the ability to have a license verification portal to make sure people could check to see if people are licensed & etc.

Hi timnboys,

If I understand correctly, do you mean a page where the user can enter an IP address / domain name to check if that domain name or IP is licensed for the product? 

if that is what you mean, could you help us out with a few specifics? 

• Would you like this to be "white-labelled" where it appears under your own brand to the end user? If not, would you be happy with it at an enverido.com domain?
  • Would you want this to work on a per-product basis? By this I mean a separate portal for each product you license, or alternatively a single portal for your whole company that checks against all of your products?

Thanks for the feedback!

35 minutes ago, cogative said:

Hi timnboys,

If I understand correctly, do you mean a page where the user can enter an IP address / domain name to check if that domain name or IP is licensed for the product? 

if that is what you mean, could you help us out with a few specifics? 

• Would you like this to be "white-labelled" where it appears under your own brand to the end user? If not, would you be happy with it at an enverido.com domain?
  • Would you want this to work on a per-product basis? By this I mean a separate portal for each product you license, or alternatively a single portal for your whole company that checks against all of your products?

Thanks for the feedback!

1. yes I want it white labeled(my whmcs "license validation portal") doesn't say WHMCS on it

2. yes I would like per "product" since it allows you to verify if a specific product is licensed to a person.

yes like my whmcs portal supports for checking licenses: http://my.cubedata.net/index.php?m=licensing

Also I don't really "trust" people having my data on someone else's servers beside mine sorry that is a major roadblock besides the subscription pricing.

15 minutes ago, timnboys said:

Also I don't really "trust" people having my data on someone else's servers beside mine sorry that is a major roadblock besides the subscription pricing.

That's a perfectly legitimate concern, and although we go to great lengths to make sure your data is secure, it's perfectly understandable to be wary of your data residing on a 3rd party server. Because of this, we're looking at releasing an "Enterprise" edition which you would be able to install on your own server and administer yourself. This edition would be a one-time purchasing fee + an optional annual updates & support fee (this would be a lot lower than the initial purchase cost), similar to Blesta's own cost and support and updates system. The system would only contact a remote server for its own licensing checks, and of course wouldn't transmit any of your own data. 

I'll take a look at the WHMCS link you sent - thanks!

3 minutes ago, cogative said:

That's a perfectly legitimate concern, and although we go to great lengths to make sure your data is secure, it's perfectly understandable to be wary of your data residing on a 3rd party server. Because of this, we're looking at releasing an "Enterprise" edition which you would be able to install on your own server and administer yourself. This edition would be a one-time purchasing fee + an optional annual updates & support fee (this would be a lot lower than the initial purchase cost), similar to Blesta's own cost and support and updates system. The system would contact a remote server for its own licensing checks, and of course wouldn't transmit any of your own data. 

I'll take a look at the WHMCS link you sent - thanks!

by the way while I like this since I can move back to blesta if I can get the license verification portal and all of that; that I spent on whmcs to get I don't really like subscription pricing sorry but what difference is that between whmcs's and blesta's own licensing addon pricing that is only one time cost vs a monthly cost for yours? I would say there is a big difference I only pay once for blesta and whmcs licensing addon vs you costing me per month the other's don't do that and that is a roadblock as well.

and furthermore I am currently working on my own license verification portal for blesta that ties directly into blesta's own licensing addon since I want to build one for myself to use so I can put the whmcs owned license aside and use blesta again 

12 minutes ago, timnboys said:

...what difference is that between whmcs's and blesta's own licensing addon pricing that is only one time cost vs a monthly cost for yours? I would say there is a big difference I only pay once for blesta and whmcs licensing addon vs you costing me per month

Sorry - that may have been badly worded on my part.

The current plans available are all pay monthly. This is so a licensing system can be accessible to as many people as possible, since we take care of all of the server infrastructure and management required in running the licence server. 

We are looking at releasing an "enterprise" edition separate to our existing plans. This would allow you to install a copy of enverido on your own server, and you would pay once for this. There would also be an annual "updates" fee which must be current for you to receive major version updates, the same as Blesta has an "updates and support" cost per year to receive major updates.

This fee would be significantly lower than the intial purchase cost, and entirely optional. If you didn't pay this fee, your existing enverido install would still function correctly, you just wouldn't be able to receive major updates (that is: updates that add new functionality to the system, security updates would still be provided) which are released after your annual updates period expired. 

For example: you purchase an "enterprise" copy in December 2016, you receive major updates as part of the initial purchase until December 2017. In December 2017, you can pay a significantly lower fee to receive major updates until December 2018. If you don't pay this fee, your existing installation of enverido will continue to function correctly and you will continue to receive security updates. You will not receive major updates which add new functionality.

Hope this helps.

12 minutes ago, cogative said:

Sorry - that may have been badly worded on my part.

The current plans available are all pay monthly. This is so a licensing system can be accessible to as many people as possible, since we take care of all of the server infrastructure and management required in running the licence server. 

We are looking at releasing an "enterprise" edition separate to our existing plans. This would allow you to install a copy of enverido on your own server, and you would pay once for this. There would also be an annual "updates" fee which must be current for you to receive major version updates, the same as Blesta has an "updates and support" cost per year to receive major updates.

This fee would be significantly lower than the intial purchase cost, and entirely optional. If you didn't pay this fee, your existing enverido install would still function correctly, you just wouldn't be able to receive major updates (that is: updates that add new functionality to the system, security updates would still be provided) which are released after your annual updates period expired. 

For example: you purchase an "enterprise" copy in December 2016, you receive major updates as part of the initial purchase until December 2017. In December 2017, you can pay a significantly lower fee to receive major updates until December 2018. If you don't pay this fee, your existing installation of enverido will continue to function correctly and you will continue to receive security updates. You will not receive major updates which add new functionality.

Hope this helps.

okay well please see if you could save me a "beta" license price since due to waiting for payment and the payment not hitting my bank yet I cannot pay you yet.

6 minutes ago, timnboys said:

okay well please see if you could save me a "beta" license price since due to waiting for payment and the payment not hitting my bank yet I cannot pay you yet.

No problem! We're going to be in our BETA testing phase for a while so don't feel any rush to pay immediately :)

I'll add a link to our JIRA as soon as I get it configured for public access so everybody can keep abreast of development updates as well as make suggestions for new features. 

12 minutes ago, Licensecart said:

Both IPv4 & IPv6 supported?

IPv4 is supported and tested. As long as you pass an IPv6 address both when you create the licence and when you verify the licence I don't see why it wouldn't work, but it's not been tested yet (no capacity for IPv6 here yet :().

If you decide to give it a go, please let us know how it goes! I've created a task on JIRA in case it becomes an issue. 

In summary: IPv6 should work, but it's not been tested yet. IPv4 will work fine.

15 minutes ago, cogative said:

IPv4 is supported and tested. As long as you pass an IPv6 address both when you create the licence and when you verify the licence I don't see why it wouldn't work, but it's not been tested yet (no capacity for IPv6 here yet :().

If you decide to give it a go, please let us know how it goes! I've created a task on JIRA in case it becomes an issue. 

In summary: IPv6 should work, but it's not been tested yet. IPv4 will work fine.

so say you can have both Ips, since some servers / companies use both IPv4 and IPv6 like us for example: 

IPv4: http://23.92.216.163

IPv6: http://[2607:5600:1ea::bc71:3030]

4 minutes ago, Licensecart said:

so say you can have both Ips, since some servers / companies use both IPv4 and IPv6 like us for example: 

Ah, that is something that isn't supported yet. But good idea!

How does this sound: a product checks licences against an IP. When the user creates their licence, they enter the IPv4 IP, and a second text-box is available below where they can (optionally) enter the IPv6 address if it's available. When licence verification is done, either the IPv4 OR the IPv6 address can be passed, and both will validate the licence.

8 minutes ago, cogative said:

Ah, that is something that isn't supported yet. But good idea!

How does this sound: a product checks licences against an IP. When the user creates their licence, they enter the IPv4 IP, and a second text-box is available below where they can (optionally) enter the IPv6 address if it's available. When licence verification is done, either the IPv4 OR the IPv6 address can be passed, and both will validate the licence.

as long as it's on the same server yeah :D

15 minutes ago, Licensecart said:

Added as a new feature on JIRA. Feel free to add yourself as a watcher to the issue so you can follow up on developments and add your own input. Thanks :blesta:

Take a look at the very first version of our PHP library on GitHub. There are installation instructions on there, too. We'll be implementing more functionality over the next couple of days however licence verification is in there. Tomorrow we'll be tidying it up a bit by using the Verifier class, but it's a start!

We'll start adding updates on our Twitter feed so we don't spam this thread too much.

16 hours ago, cogative said:

Take a look at the very first version of our PHP library on GitHub. There are installation instructions on there, too. We'll be implementing more functionality over the next couple of days however licence verification is in there. Tomorrow we'll be tidying it up a bit by using the Verifier class, but it's a start!

We'll start adding updates on our Twitter feed so we don't spam this thread too much.

I was talking with the auditor last night about your product(you know small talk) while he was reviewing mine and he said your website:

https://www.cogative.com/

shows 404 on most pages and most links go to # anchor link 

pS4CHF.jpg

evydig.jpg

it said that shows that domain was registered in 2014 when you claim you started in 2011

Qeiwyf.jpg

plus you said you was in uk your domain whois says canada care to clear up that contradiction too?

and he also said that you claim to work with charities but yet your website is unfinished

also it looks like your site is based on wordpress:

TuF493.jpg

looking at the html source

according to him he said you make more questions than answers on all of these contradictions and he said he wouldn't trust you for anything after finding all of this out since he said this is all very suspicious why you have all these contradictions. he told me you was likely putting up a scam front(and I know how to spot one since a similar one happened to me dealing with dedicated servers with a scam company named vyprnetworks) so before I even bother even considering your product I want answers to all of these contradictions before you get a cent out of me and I advise everyone who heard about/went through the vyprnetworks scam to avoid this at all costs until this person proves more evidence on all of the contradictions that is made.    

Hi Timnboys,

I'll address your points in order.

Most of the pages on the website head to a 404 because I've been working on other products rather than my own company website. I don't get any business through the website at the moment, so it's been left in a bit of a state of "half-doneness" where other projects have taken priority. There's enough there for people to get in touch if they require but not enough to serve as a functional company website. I can understand why that looks odd. 

The domain was registered in 2014 because prior to this I did web development under a different name (Hash Development) - I'm sure you could lookup historical WHOIS records to show there was a domain registered around that time (www.hashdevelopment.com). After this, I did some work under my own name, before moving to the Cogative brand around 2014. Earlier this year I registered as a company in the UK (this is important later).

The WHOIS data listed a Canadian address because contact privacy was enabled. This is a feature available through many domain registrars which allows you to register a domain without listing your residential address. In an effort to put your concerns to rest, I've disabled this and the WHOIS records now list the company's registered office in the UK. You can see this here: https://who.is/whois/cogative.com, you'll also see the enverido domain is registered under the same address: https://who.is/whois/enverido.com

You are correct, the Cogative website is based on Wordpress. This is because there wasn't any benefit to developing a custom CMS for it when Wordpress was readily available to install - this comes back again to the point that there's no business coming through that website at the moment. It's a standard Wordpress install with a Bootstrap 3 theme on top. I can find the base template for you if needed, however I customised the CSS and some layouts to give the site a more unique style. 

Finally, to alleviate any further doubts you can find the UK company registration at Companies House here: https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/SC524151 - I'm not sure where you're based, but in the UK all companies must be registered through Companies House with correct and up-to-date information. This is done through what's called a "Confirmation statement" which must be submitted once per year. As you can see, the company was officially incorporated on the 13th January 2016 (as I alluded to earlier). The gap between the domain registration and company incorporation was due to the business being "something on the side" until the start of  this year, where it started to play a larger role and it became important to register the company. 

In addition to the genuine company registration, all of our payments are handled through Stripe. The only payment information that we store is the last 4 digits of your card, your card type (eg: VISA, American Express, etc), and a Stripe customer ID. Any actual payment information (full 16 digit card number, expiry date, CVC code, cardholder name) is stored by Stripe. If you take a look at the source of the subscription page in enverido, you can see we use data-stripe attributes on form inputs specifically so that this information never passes through our servers - take a look at Stripe.js (https://stripe.com/docs/stripe.js?) if you want to know more about this. This allows us to be PCI-DSS compliant, and hopefully lets you sit safe in the knowledge that your payment information is stored securely by a recognised vendor. If worst comes to worst, you could even have Stripe refund the full amount of any payment made to enverido. 

I hope this alleviates your concerns. Please let me know any more questions you might have and I'll try my best to clear any misunderstandings up. If this really is a scam, I hope you can see how elaborate it would have to be! Further to this, you are free to try out the homebrew (free) plan without providing any payment information to ensure that enverido really is a functional product.

Once again, I hope this clears up any misunderstanding, but please feel free to ask any other questions. 

4 minutes ago, cogative said:

Hi Timnboys,

I'll address your points in order.

Most of the pages on the website head to a 404 because I've been working on other products rather than my own company one. I don't get any business through the website at the moment, so it's been left in a bit of a state of "half-doneness" where other projects have taken priority. There's enough there for people to get in touch if they require but not enough to serve as a functional company website. I can understand why that looks odd. 

The domain was registered in 2014 because prior to this I did web development under a different name (Hash Development) - I'm sure you could lookup historical WHOIS records to show there was a domain registered around that time (www.hashdevelopment.com). After this, I did some work under my own name, before moving to the Cogative brand around 2014. Earlier this year I registered as a company in the UK (this is important later).

The WHOIS data listed a Canadian address because contact privacy was enabled. This is a feature available through many domain registrars which allows you to register a domain without listing your residential address. In an effort to put your concerns to rest, I've disabled this and the WHOIS records now list the company's registered office in the UK. You can see this here: https://who.is/whois/cogative.com, you'll also see the enverido domain is registered under the same address: https://who.is/whois/enverido.com

You are correct, the Cogative website is based on Wordpress. This is because there wasn't any benefit to developing a custom CMS for it when Wordpress was readily available to install - this comes back again to the point that there's no business coming through that website at the moment. It's a standard Wordpress install with a Bootstrap 3 theme on top. I can find the base template for you if needed, however I customised the CSS and some layouts to give the site a more unique style. 

Finally, to alleviate any further doubts you can find the UK company registration at Companies House here: https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/SC524151 - I'm not sure where you're based, but in the UK all companies must be registered through Companies House with correct and up-to-date information. This is done through what's called a "Confirmation statement" which must be submitted once per year. As you can see, the company was officially incorporated on the 13th January 2016 (as I alluded to earlier). The gap between the domain registration and company incorporation was due to the business being "something on the side" until the start of  this year, where it started to play a larger role and it became important to register the company. 

In addition to the genuine company registration, all of our payments are handled through Stripe. The only payment information that we store is the last 4 digits of your card, your card type (eg: VISA, American Express, etc), and a Stripe customer ID. Any actual payment information (full 16 digit card number, expiry date, CVC code, cardholder name) are stored by Stripe. If you take a look at the source of the subscription page in enverido, you can see we use data-stripe attributes on form inputs specifically so that this information never passes through our servers - take a look at Stripe.js (https://stripe.com/docs/stripe.js?) if you want to know more about this. This allows us to be PCI-DSS compliant, and hopefully lets you sit safe in the knowledge that your payment information is stored securely by a recognised vendor. If worst comes to worst, you could even have Stripe refund the full amount of any payment made to enverido. 

I hope this alleviates your concerns. Please let me know any more questions you might have and I'll try my best to clear any misunderstandings up. If this really is a scam, I hope you can see how elaborate it would have to be! Further to this, you are free to try out the homebrew (free) plan without providing any payment information to ensure that enverido really is a functional product.

Once again, I hope this clears up any misunderstanding, but please feel free to ask any other questions. 

okay thank you for clearing that up as the auditor I was talking to last night said to be very wary of you until someone came along and said you're safe sorry for the confusion(and sorry for the trouble too).

9 minutes ago, Paul said:

Ok, let's hug it out now. :D

10 minutes ago, timnboys said:

okay thank you for clearing that up as the auditor I was talking to last night said to be very wary of you until someone came along and said you're safe sorry for the confusion(and sorry for the trouble too).

No problem at all!

Sorry if my tone came across as frustrated or irritated, I was just trying to be "to-the-point" and informative in as unbiased a way as possible, just presenting the facts and evidence I could find to support my case. I'm genuinely happy to answer any other questions or concerns you have, if any!

*online hugs* :blesta:

9 hours ago, cogative said:

No problem at all!

Sorry if my tone came across as frustrated or irritated, I was just trying to be "to-the-point" and informative in as unbiased a way as possible, just presenting the facts and evidence I could find to support my case. I'm genuinely happy to answer any other questions or concerns you have, if any!

*online hugs* :blesta:

well I have to tell you that due to liking the idea of paying once and never again unless you need updates I am going to stay with WHMCS licensing addon(and possibly switch to blesta 4.0 license manager plugin if it is better hopefully than 3.x was)

but good luck with your business anyway.