{Update_Ticket_Url} Broken In Support Emails

PacifistRiot

Our ticket system appears to fill in the {update_ticket_url} link to the proper URL, ie account.blesta.com/client/plugin/support_manager/client_tickets/reply/xxxx/

Is this coming through on "Ticket Updated" template, or another?

It's just blank? Anyone else having this issue?

What OS, MySQL and PHP version are you running?

Yeah it's just blank, as though the tag wasn't even there.

I'm on Centos 6.4, mysql 5.5, PHP 5.4.17.

I imported from v2.5. Might be unrelated but when I did, the support area did not show up in the ACP. Had to uninstall and reinstall to make it show up. 

But the most important thing in this post is that I found that the tag renders correctly when replies are posted via the ACP/Browser. But when replies are sent via email reply they do not. I have an IMAP email account setup for ticket support.

The difference could be emails sent through the ACP are instant replies, while those sent through email are the cron ( which I have as "php-cli /home/user/public_html/clients/index.php cron" )

Do the other tags work properly? The ticket system executes the same code whether done through the interface or run via cron. So I don't see why you would experience this behavior.

{ticket.department_email} works. Seems to just be {update_ticket_url}. I don't know why it's happening, but it is for me.

Heres what the template looks like in the ACP

To reply to this ticket, be sure to email {ticket.department_email} from the address we sent this notice to. If you are a client, you may also update the ticket in our support area at {update_ticket_url} .

I'm not sure why that tag would be blank for you. Which email template are you using that causes this? "Ticket Updated"?

If you can test this, add this debug statement to your email template and send in a ticket:

{% debug %}

This will display a list of all variables and their values available to the template.

But since you mentioned this only happens when the email is sent via cron, this may be related to another issue where incorrect URLs were set for tags in emails sent out via cron. That has been fixed for v3.0.2, but I would still expect your tag to output something.

Thanks for the info. Strange that the tag doesn't even exist when run via cron. When you ran it via cron, was this in CLI mode, or did you run the cron manually through Blesta's interface in [settings] -> [system] -> [Automation]? I'd be curious to know whether there is a difference.

I've assigned this issue as CORE-724.

Running it manually will still run only those tasks that are ready to be run, which is why it did not run that task.

To test it, just after the cron automatically runs, you can change the task to run every 10 minutes, then wait for 5 minutes to pass and change it back to run every 5 minutes. This effectively skips the cron from running it in the last 5 minutes, so that the task will now be ready to run. And running the cron manually at this point should run the task.