Beta to go Live date

jobplease

10 hours ago, timnboys said:

why are you asking this for?

is it because you don't have a developer license to get access to the beta? if so check it out on licensedemo.com 

Don't be surprised he's like a kid who is so excited Christmas is coming and keeps checking the calendar and pestering his parents "Is it Christmas yet?" every single day until they go "It's tomorrow and you better sleep well or Santa won't come", or the person who you go on holiday with and he keeps on saying "Are we there yet?" all the way until the parents shout "YES!"

Instead of following the development he posts, when is 4.0 out, when is the beta going to be live? It's got a Beta 2 and if there's bugs in it there will be a Beta 3, if there's more bugs there will be a beta 4 for god sake stop making pointless bloody posts.

BETA 2: http://dev.blesta.com/projects/CORE/versions/11001

-------

V3.0.0: 3 Beta's

V3.1.0: 2 Beta's

V3.2.0: 3 Beta's

V3.3.0: 2 Beta's

V3.4.0: 2 Beta's

V3.5.0: 5 Beta's

V3.6.0: 2 Beta's

V4.0.0: Who knows how many Beta's: http://dev.blesta.com/projects/CORE?selectedItem=com.atlassian.jira.jira-projects-plugin:release-page&status=all&page=1

10 hours ago, jobplease said:

Lets hope that dont drag on for months.

Can you write quality code any faster? I'm sure the team wants to get it released as soon as they can being that it's a huge release and it's take a considerable amount of time so far. Be patient and keep using 3.6.2 for the time being, just like the rest of us.

Have you tested it and provided any quality feedback to help speed up the release?

I hope you understand where he's coming from. I hope the same thing he does, i'm sure we all do

I don't want a faulty billing system, at the same time, there isn't a huge list of bugs. Some of them only need a few lines of code changed, while some others will take more time. I definitely hope it doesn't take more than 1-2 months to get through the final betas. Blesta isn't an operating system :)

edit : I'm hoping Blesta does smaller beta releases, and doesn't try to fix every bug right away. There's this supposed new feature in beta 2, they should try to rush that out, and while people are digging into it, go back and fix all the quick bugs, release the bug fix beta, and so on. It should be a concurrent process. 

This way, if some people are affected by the small quick fixes, it takes the heat off blesta to quickly fix everything in beta each iteration. Some people might only be affected by the small bugs, so you take care of those, release, fix 1-2 big bugs, release, rinse and repeat 

For me stability is of the utmost importance, I couldn't care less when v4 is released. I have all of the features I currently need and have alternatives in place for those not provided by Blesta. They can take as long as they want, as long as they continue to patch any security issues in 3.6.2 and v4 is nice and stable upon final public release I'll be happy :blesta:

Its good to gently let know Blesta how the end user feels. Here on the forum board I have let known the community of my requests/feelings which is good. I pay for support and to use this forum board for support and general community chitchat.

Thank you Blesta for a great product, we believe in you all and look forward to new, better and greater software soon. 

5 hours ago, jobplease said:

Its good to gently let know Blesta how the end user feels. Here on the forum board I have let known the community of my requests/feelings which is good. I pay for support and to use this forum board for support and general community chitchat.

Thank you Blesta for a great product, we believe in you all and look forward to new, better and greater software soon. 

There's letting them know what you want and then there pestering:

A pest is "a plant or animal detrimental to humans or human concerns (as agriculture or livestock production)"; alternative meanings include organisms that cause nuisance and epidemic disease associated with high mortality (specifically: plague).

The part of the pest I'm talking about is being a "nuisance" You don't need to keep nagging them, when is it coming, when is it coming, when is it coming. I can say the same thing to you if you like? Every month I'll open a PM to you pestering you about when are you going to pester the guys on 4.1.x?

• 2 weeks later...