WHMCS Price Increase - Good News for Blesta

austenite

45 minutes ago, mrrsm said:

Blesta being mostly viewable source means one can audit it and see the design practices they used and feel good about what I am using.  Personally, when I am putting someone else's code into something (a plugin or module) I believe is safe (Blesta) I prefer to have the knowledge that it is secure as well.  Asking for a code audit on encoded software isn't that unreasonable of a request, especially if you are buying from a non-seasoned company/developer who doesn't have a large reputation and long history.

As a developer you can easily say no to his audit request and lose out on him/her as a customer.  There is nothing wrong with going down that route but until you have a solid reputation it can be helpful to have someone vouch for you, in this case via a code audit.

ah who said I wasn't seasoned? I have been coding in php a long time and am seasoned.

Already discussed with the auditor about just giving him the source code just so he decides it's "safe" like I already know but he said not a good idea since he could steal and copy it and sell as his own so that is why they are encoded. do you just want to see the source code of whmcs? no you "trust" they know what they're doing and so should you on my stuff.

30 minutes ago, timnboys said:

do you just want to see the source code of whmcs?

Yes I do, which is why I am not using it.

no you "trust" they know what they're doing and so should you on my stuff.

Why should I trust you?  Trust is earned not given out freely. 

ah who said I wasn't seasoned? I have been coding in php a long time and am seasoned.

You have nobody to vouch for you though which is the main problem.  If I took your word on that it would be the same as hiring someone without an interview after doing nothing more then talking to them on the phone and them saying I am good at whatever you are hiring me for.

Already discussed with the auditor about just giving him the source code just so he decides it's "safe" like I already know but he said not a good idea since he could steal and copy it and sell as his own so that is why they are encoded.

If you are getting a real code audit you will have legal agreements in place which will prevent them from doing that.  If they do steal your code you will have the legal means to recoup losses based on this.  If you aren't getting a reputable auditor then you may be wasting money because why would I trust a random "Joe Shmoe" anymore then I would trust you.  Your auditor needs to be the trustworthy third party who is essentially vouching for you.

Please don't take what I am saying as a personal attack as it is not.  I am just trying to explain why someone asking for you to get a code audit is not an unreasonable request.

1 hour ago, mrrsm said:

Yes I do, which is why I am not using it.

Why should I trust you?  Trust is earned not given out freely. 

You have nobody to vouch for you though which is the main problem.  If I took your word on that it would be the same as hiring someone without an interview after doing nothing more then talking to them on the phone and them saying I am good at whatever you are hiring me for.

If you are getting a real code audit you will have legal agreements in place which will prevent them from doing that.  If they do steal your code you will have the legal means to recoup losses based on this.  If you aren't getting a reputable auditor then you may be wasting money because why would I trust a random "Joe Shmoe" anymore then I would trust you.  Your auditor needs to be the trustworthy third party who is essentially vouching for you.

Please don't take what I am saying as a personal attack as it is not.  I am just trying to explain why someone asking for you to get a code audit is not an unreasonable request.

You want someone to vouch for me talk to Michael dance he is by far my biggest user of my fraudrecord anti fraud module for blesta 

By the way I wasn't referring to the auditor I was referring to you "code audit wanters" which the auditer said it wasn't a good idea to just give you the source code so you stop asking for audits you people are trying to ruin me with each code audit because all of the month for the code audits and everything come out of my own wallet so next time understand the circumstances behind the denial before you start asking for something costly

8 minutes ago, timnboys said:

You want someone to vouch for me talk to Michael dance he is by far my biggest user of my fraudrecord anti fraud module for blesta 

As far as I know from reading his posts he is not a developer.  He can probably vouch for you getting the job done in a timely manner and for a fair price but he has no say on your code quality which is where the question lies.

I personally don't need anyone to vouch for you right now as I am not interested in your Blesta modules.  I am guessing there are many others who are quite happy with the plugins/modules you have released though and didn't need a code audit or anything else to feel comfortable purchasing them.

I am just trying to help you understand why someone may want an audit.  Like I said before, if you don't feel that is necessary, your best course of action is to say "I am sorry, we have no plans currently to get X audited." and leave it at that.  That can be a sound business choice and doesn't need any follow up nor explanation on your behalf.  Losing out on a customer is not always a bad thing.

1 hour ago, mrrsm said:

As far as I know from reading his posts he is not a developer.  He can probably vouch for you getting the job done in a timely manner and for a fair price but he has no say on your code quality which is where the question lies.

I personally don't need anyone to vouch for you right now as I am not interested in your Blesta modules.  I am guessing there are many others who are quite happy with the plugins/modules you have released though and didn't need a code audit or anything else to feel comfortable purchasing them.

I am just trying to help you understand why someone may want an audit.  Like I said before, if you don't feel that is necessary, your best course of action is to say "I am sorry, we have no plans currently to get X audited." and leave it at that.  That can be a sound business choice and doesn't need any follow up nor explanation on your behalf.  Losing out on a customer is not always a bad thing.

I started to say that when AnthonyL asked for it but I don't know I thought I could win him by doing that and haven't seen that yet so I should just ignore him I guess since it appears doing the code audit didn't satisfy him enough to buy the module so oh well

2 hours ago, naja7host said:

If someone need to audit my coded code, no problem for me, just he should pay the opens source version and make the audit he want. i can't give my open source version of my paid plugin just because 1 client need a audit report . also i'm open to any bug-fix if exist one . 

I agree anthonyl asked me to spend out of my pocket the $69 for the code audit of my vultr module like really do you expect me one developer to help you with that? no because I am broke mostly and I agree with you naja7host I wish I had more sense like you to handle it exactly like you said as that makes alot of sense since if only anthonyl and no one else asked for a audit and they didn't I checked then I should just tell anthonyl sorry but we will not do a code audit for our vultr module just for one person it has to be a majority before we even consider it should be my actual reply next time someone asks for a audit.

thank you naja7host for giving me ideas on how to fix that problem.

3 hours ago, mrrsm said:

I agree with you on losing out on a customer that would have probably been better.

15 hours ago, timnboys said:

I agree anthonyl asked me to spend out of my pocket the $69 for the code audit of my vultr module like really do you expect me one developer to help you with that? no because I am broke mostly and I agree with you naja7host I wish I had more sense like you to handle it exactly like you said as that makes alot of sense since if only anthonyl and no one else asked for a audit and they didn't I checked then I should just tell anthonyl sorry but we will not do a code audit for our vultr module just for one person it has to be a majority before we even consider it should be my actual reply next time someone asks for a audit.

thank you naja7host for giving me ideas on how to fix that problem.

Just remember there are a bunch of open source modules/plugins/templates/gateways/etc from naja7host. That doesn't include his helpful code posts in this forum.  Plus he has been around the forum since the end of 2012.  That gives me a lot to go on to base his coding skill off of as well as his reputation around this community.

You are fairly active on the forums but from what I can see you don't have any open source projects for blesta that I can look at. You haven't yet contributed enough to the community to be considered at naja7host's level. Maybe in the future as contribute more and have more people using your modules/plugins and reviewing them, but not yet.

Hello

We are using WHMCS from 2006.last last year 2015 we try Blesta and yes! it was a great experience working with blesta. But blesta have some lack of their modules like Domain search and management option. We back WHMCS again just for domain management system.also it's bad intention for make money like WHMCS do. WHMCS can existing customer to renew always their Owned Unbranded.I lost faith with WHMCS+cPanel also leaving cPanel to ISPmanager for this reason.

Waiting for Blesta Domain manager then buy Owned Lifetime.

On 10/4/2016 at 3:36 AM, Paul said:

I expected this, but I didn't think they would move toward a per-client pricing model and drop owned licenses. People really don't like that pricing model.. but the worst part of it is this: If you use WHMCS, they know how many customers you have. They know what modules you're using. They are collecting that data. How will they use it? Maybe cPanel will market to hosting providers using WHMCS that don't yet use cPanel. If the information gets out, how will someone else use it? Something to think about.

Now a days all company saying "we respect your privacy" But they steal our privacy what we doing EX: google Facebook & others.Really worried about future online word. It has not like that before.We have stop bad practice.

count me in - we're leaving WHMCS - like a - for good.

The main reason is the inability to buy further "owned" licenses and loss of trust in WHMCS company in general.

I dont have issues with levels of new prices, I just REFUSE to have a key company software - a billing - "just rented". I need a "boxed" version just for my peace of mind.

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/8/2016 at 7:07 AM, Hix said:

count me in - we're leaving WHMCS - like a - for good.

The main reason is the inability to buy further "owned" licenses and loss of trust in WHMCS company in general.

I dont have issues with levels of new prices, I just REFUSE to have a key company software - a billing - "just rented". I need a "boxed" version just for my peace of mind.

I couldn't agree more here.  The pricing plans are just fine & that is doable & acceptable, but when you start forcing clients to 'rent' a license then that becomes a problem.  I won't speak for anyone but me I don't like rented.   I feel this move here WHMCS has taken the wrong move here, but time will tell how hard its going to be.  But just from the small discussion in this thread proves the point.

But the question begs to be answered, why would WHMCS take such a move of removing 'owned' license from there line-up?  It makes me feel they are following the foot steps of Kayako  it used to be a very great helpdesk software solution; until they decided to take the route of removing there owned license from there line-up & then went a step further in having 'hosted solutions' only & forcing there clients to convert there 'owned' license to a 'hosted' solution monthly payment just to use  kayako 5!   

4 hours ago, ExpertIntegrations said:

But the question begs to be answered, why would WHMCS take such a move of removing 'owned' license from there line-up?  It makes me feel they are following the foot steps of Kayako  it used to be a very great helpdesk software solution; until they decided to take the route of removing there owned license from there line-up & then went a step further in having 'hosted solutions' only & forcing there clients to convert there 'owned' license to a 'hosted' solution monthly payment just to use  kayako 5!   

I believe they want more money, they got rid of LicensePal, etc a few years back to get more money they claim its to support the customers direct, they have now got rid of the owned  we take it to get more money, they'll be making resellers tiered and more like affiliates so that's to make more money lol.

6 hours ago, Licensecart said:

I believe they want more money, they got rid of LicensePal, etc a few years back to get more money they claim its to support the customers direct, they have now got rid of the owned  we take it to get more money, they'll be making resellers tiered and more like affiliates so that's to make more money lol.

You got a great point here.  All license will be held directly w/o any third party access again as you mentioned to make more money I honestly didn't look at this way.  To me this is wrong & shouldn't be this way.

6 minutes ago, ExpertIntegrations said:

You got a great point here.  All license will be held directly w/o any third party access again as you mentioned to make more money I honestly didn't look at this way.  To me this is wrong & shouldn't be this way.

They should only up the prices, not how many clients people have, but saying that more business for Blesta :blesta:

On 10/7/2016 at 5:26 PM, domaingood said:

Hello

We are using WHMCS from 2006.last last year 2015 we try Blesta and yes! it was a great experience working with blesta. But blesta have some lack of their modules like Domain search and management option. We back WHMCS again just for domain management system.also it's bad intention for make money like WHMCS do. WHMCS can existing customer to renew always their Owned Unbranded.I lost faith with WHMCS+cPanel also leaving cPanel to ISPmanager for this reason.

Waiting for Blesta Domain manager then buy Owned Lifetime.

Pretty much in same boat as you. Why I kept my Blesta license, but wont even consider it without proper domain Management.

On 10/30/2016 at 11:25 PM, silvatech said:

Pretty much in same boat as you. Why I kept my Blesta license, but wont even consider it without proper domain Management.

As I know Blesta Team doing easy works 1st then will start heard.Its not bad idea.Now I we have ETA 4.2 will domain management system.maybe they start their system where others end mean a best domain management system will make and all features.

We can hope?

Thank you

13 minutes ago, domaingood said:

As I know Blesta Team doing easy works 1st then will start heard.Its not bad idea.Now I we have ETA 4.2 will domain management system.maybe they start their system where others end mean a best domain management system will make and all features.

We can hope?

Thank you

Where do you get 4.2 from? The domain manager is coming in 4.1. The current version in beta is 4.0.0-b3