Current blesta to Version 4.0.0-b1

jobplease

Interesting, the real testing of course is upgrading the beta or real version 4.0 *still to released to a working Blesta system 3.6.

In doing this you do hope all of the accounts and features etc are transferred over with a little of confusion or missing parts.

Temporarily doing so I found 99% of the accounts had the active services inactive. Not sure why but in manually checking this is what really happened.

If anyone else can point out any more changes please let us bring this to the attention of the developers.

*the backup worked and we are back to 3.6 thanks for listening

I was able to successfully upgrade from a test 3.6.2 instance to a 4.0.0b1 instance. I had forgotten to complete the upgrade via admin/upgrade but even having not done that, it worked pretty nicely.

Then I did the admin/upgrade when I checked out another thread that reminded me of its existence. Things seem to be A-OK here. But I'll try this with a copy of current-production data.

9 hours ago, Keiro said:

I was able to successfully upgrade from a test 3.6.2 instance to a 4.0.0b1 instance. I had forgotten to complete the upgrade via admin/upgrade but even having not done that, it worked pretty nicely.

Then I did the admin/upgrade when I checked out another thread that reminded me of its existence. Things seem to be A-OK here. But I'll try this with a copy of current-production data.

Kerio, thats great to see some good responses. Im sure Blesta team and reading all this. Thank you.

Yes, thanks for the update. I'm not sure I understand the OPs issue with services, that sounds unusual and we would need more details to be able to replicate that. Upgrading from 3.x to 4.0 should work pretty much exactly the same as before.. but yeah, don't forget to run ~/admin/upgrade, there's some important database changes in there. :blesta: