Blesta on localhost

siteAdmin

Question

11 answers to this question

1. You can but you have to edit the hostname in the /etc/hosts or the hosts file on windows in system32.

2. You can but you'd have to re-issue the license if you use a paid license on the subdomain and then move it to the production but you will have to fix the email which will have: billing@sub.domain.com and not billing@yourdomain.com.

Hi,

I just installed ver.3.6.2 on localhost for testing purposes.

Could someone tell me to get a license for localhost?. I get an error. QUOTE: Sorry, a trial has already been issued for this domain and is no longer valid. To obtain a new trial key, please contact sales@blesta.com. If you'd like to purchase a license, please visit www.blesta.com. UNQUOTE:

Thanks in advance.

15 minutes ago, siteAdmin said:

Hi,

I just installed ver.3.6.2 on localhost for testing purposes.

Could someone tell me to get a license for localhost?. I get an error. QUOTE: Sorry, a trial has already been issued for this domain and is no longer valid. To obtain a new trial key, please contact sales@blesta.com. If you'd like to purchase a license, please visit www.blesta.com. UNQUOTE:

Thanks in advance.

That's because you haven't set-up a hostname for the IP. localhost is not allowed at all since people could use it for illegal uses.

17 minutes ago, siteAdmin said:

Thanks for the reply.

Do you mean to say that I need to get a paid license for localhost on my laptop and then re-apply for the production domain?

But one needs to do all the testing locally before putting them on a paid server.

You have to set the hostname for your computer for it: /etc/hosts or C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts file otherwise I recommend buying a domain or using a folder and do it there with the 30 day trial.

Can I purchase a v3.6.2 and install it as a production copy and use a separate v4.0 beta copy on my localhost with a Dev License?  And will I then be able to install a fresh copy (not an upgrade) of the v4.0  replacing the v3.6.2 as the production copy while continuing my testing on the localhost with the Dev Lic.?

Please pm me.

Thanks in advance.