Blesta Owned Unbranded, Remove Powered By Blesta, How?

dado023

Question

23 answers to this question

Or a option in the billing system, however I didn't want to post it public as we don't really want people removing it if they pay for branded haha.

At this point I'm not too concerned about it, most licenses are unbranded since only orders after the 14th could be branded.

At this point I'm not too concerned about it, most licenses are unbranded since only orders after the 14th could be branded.

Ah :) It would be cool if you guys did a if statement where the install didn't work without that encryption, and a setting if unbranded you can check a box if you wish it to be disabled.   ;) maybe something for the future.

Dude hiding this information is just silly. Just the same as when companies decide to keep security flaws a secret in the hopes that nobody will figure out how to exploit their system.

Let's be realistic here, people who do not have unbranded licenses could still come and ask for the information and you would give them just the same thus defeating your entire plan.

The second thing is that Blesta has a rock solid activation and licensing system that isn't leaked/cracked/nulled by those others who outsource to Hyderabad so the only people who can use Blesta beyond the trial are legitimate customers.

The third thing is that 90% of people who buy the branded edition and wish to unbrand it already know how to do so, the other 10% will get the answer from you, lol.

Just my opinion, nothing personal. I initially removed the branding from my system but the thing is that the branding is actually better from a business standpoint because it inspires confidence in your customers when they know that your billing system is one that is secure, reliable, and built by a reputable company. I can understand why some others may want to hide their branding, personally when I go to buy hosting and I see the host is using whmcs and immediately I know that if they don't have an external payment processor I'm sure as hell never storing my credit card on that, lol. With Blesta it's the opposite feeling, the branding inspires confidence and also let's your customers know that their account information is secure.

Dude hiding this information is just silly. Just the same as when companies decide to keep security flaws a secret in the hopes that nobody will figure out how to exploit their system.

Let's be realistic here, people who do not have unbranded licenses could still come and ask for the information and you would give them just the same thus defeating your entire plan.

The second thing is that Blesta has a rock solid activation and licensing system that isn't leaked/cracked/nulled by those others who outsource to Hyderabad so the only people who can use Blesta beyond the trial are legitimate customers.

The third thing is that 90% of people who buy the branded edition and wish to unbrand it already know how to do so, the other 10% will get the answer from you, lol.

Just my opinion, nothing personal. I initially removed the branding from my system but the thing is that the branding is actually better from a business standpoint because it inspires confidence in your customers when they know that your billing system is one that is secure, reliable, and built by a reputable company. I can understand why some others may want to hide their branding, personally when I go to buy hosting and I see the host is using whmcs and immediately I know that if they don't have an external payment processor I'm sure as hell never storing my credit card on that, lol. With Blesta it's the opposite feeling, the branding inspires confidence and also let's your customers know that their account information is secure.

Say what you like, but soon Blesta will have a encoded copyright somewhere so you can't remove it yourself, I and my team check all my customers installations, and anyone who has removed it and not paid for it, get suspended. Some distributions only sell Unbranded licenses. The guys on the forum who ask me, have been here since the Beta and the $99 promotion which is unbranded, so that's how I know they are allowed to.

I'm talking about the free availability of information, you are talking about policing customers, two different things. If you choose to police customers that's your choice. I think Blesta can hold their own in that aspect and if what you say is true about the encoded copyright then it supports my belief. I still think that hiding this information to support some kind of self appointed branding police agenda is silly.

We are just different in that aspect, if anyone here asks me how to remove the branding I will tell them because to me it's just customization information that should be freely available without people having to beg for it. I know I don't need to worry about the policing part because I am confident that Blesta can hold their own.

To be honest, this will be in the manual soon. There's no reason people shouldn't know how to remove the branding especially if they have an unbranded license. Some people will remove it when they shouldn't, and if we find out about it then we'll have to enforce it, but I think most people will be honest about it. We're not going to make it difficult for people to do.

To be honest, this will be in the manual soon. There's no reason people shouldn't know how to remove the branding especially if they have an unbranded license. Some people will remove it when they shouldn't, and if we find out about it then we'll have to enforce it, but I think most people will be honest about it. We're not going to make it difficult for people to do.

I think the days of branded applications is a thing of the past, I'd just do away with the branded licenses trying to differentiate a product simply by having a tagline along the bottom isn't a thing nowadays people will remove it and most will just rewrite over it using a crafted .htaccess or something crazy.

I think the days of branded applications is a thing of the past, I'd just do away with the branded licenses trying to differentiate a product simply by having a tagline along the bottom isn't a thing nowadays people will remove it and most will just rewrite over it using a crafted .htaccess or something crazy.

All our licenses use to be unbranded, and it actually caused more confusion. This is an area we have sort of "conformed" to, and it's actually interesting to see the split between branded and unbranded license sales. I think it's here to stay for the time being, and to be honest we could use the publicity for branded licenses.

To remove client area branding, edit the file app/views/client/default/structure.pdt and look toward the bottom of the file for a line that starts with "<p>Powered by" and remove the line.

To remove admin area branding, edit the file app/views/admin/default/structure.pdt and look toward the bottom of the file for a line that begins with "Blesta © 2007-" and edit as desired.

I found this thread thinking "I am going to remove the branding". I have reconsidered.

We would all be better served by leaving the branding in place. If Blesta is more popular, we'll get more resources devoted to Blesta. A Chevy is less expensive and more reliable than a Cadillac, one of the reason why is because they make more Chevy's. I want more people, many more people to buy Blesta!

I don't see how it hurts my business to promote Blesta within our billing system - my homepage, that's a different story, no web designer gets to put "designed by..." on my homepage.

6 hours ago, katycomputer said:

I found this thread thinking "I am going to remove the branding". I have reconsidered.

We would all be better served by leaving the branding in place. If Blesta is more popular, we'll get more resources devoted to Blesta. A Chevy is less expensive and more reliable than a Cadillac, one of the reason why is because they make more Chevy's. I want more people, many more people to buy Blesta!

I don't see how it hurts my business to promote Blesta within our billing system - my homepage, that's a different story, no web designer gets to put "designed by..." on my homepage.

We appreciate that! :blesta: