Pay Now link in email broken

Jason Ryan

Question

Hello -

In the Invoice Delivery email from Blesta, there is a link "Pay Now" which allows recipients to pay for their invoice without logging into to the portal, however at some point this stopped working for me. I have had a couple people confirm this and each get the same error message when trying to pay:

Gateway doesn't support payments in this manner

This error also happens when trying to Pay Invoice in the portal before setting up an actual Payment Account for the first time. http://screencast.com/t/qq2SE3qfcsm

Any insight on how to correct this issue? I am using the Stripe Plus Gateway built by @Cherry and company, but this seems like the issue is with Blesta itself. Not sure how to determine the root cause of it and why it is happening. Any help would be appreciated.

13 answers to this question

1 hour ago, viablethought said:

@evolvewh -

Nope, I have never modified the email template. It is still the default from when I set up Blesta originally.

This is the source code in the Invoice Delivery (Unpaid) template

HTML Version:

<a href="https://{invoice.payment_url}">Pay Now</a> (No login required)

Non HTML Version:

Pay Now, visit https://{invoice.payment_url} (No login required)

It's worth double checking.

12 minutes ago, evolvewh said:

This is the source code in the Invoice Delivery (Unpaid) template

HTML Version:

<a href="https://{invoice.payment_url}">Pay Now</a> (No login required)

Non HTML Version:

Pay Now, visit https://{invoice.payment_url} (No login required)

It's worth double checking.

Both are correct in the template, link goes to the correct page and shows the correct info according to the invoice. They are filling out there info there and then clicking the "Review and Confirm" button, then Submit Payment, and receiving the error as mentioned. Again, this is all happening with those individuals without a saved payment account.

I just tested this myself and got the same error - http://screencast.com/t/TbiGWuPLDF

However, I went back and edited the payment, but this time I checked "Save Account" and the payment went through! Something definitely wonky going on!!

13 minutes ago, viablethought said:

Both are correct in the template, link goes to the correct page and shows the correct info according to the invoice. They are filling out there info there and then clicking the "Review and Confirm" button, then Submit Payment, and receiving the error as mentioned. Again, this is all happening with those individuals without a saved payment account.

I just tested this myself and got the same error - http://screencast.com/t/TbiGWuPLDF

However, I went back and edited the payment, but this time I checked "Save Account" and the payment went through! Something definitely wonky going on!!

Are you able to test this with the regular Stripe Gateway to rule that out? Do you use any other payment gateways that you could test it out with?

5 hours ago, evolvewh said:

Are you able to test this with the regular Stripe Gateway to rule that out? Do you use any other payment gateways that you could test it out with?

I am afraid to do that because I had previous issues where my client accounts became disassociated from the gateway, where all my clients had to re-enter all their Payment Account info in order to pay invoices. It was rather a pain in the butt for a lot of people. Not sure I want to put everyone through that again. There has to be something going on with the fact that payments aren't being accepted unless

a. Saved Payment Account
b. Clicking "Save Account" while paying an invoice while not being logged into an account

Might just be a setting I missed either in Blesta or Stripe.

1 hour ago, viablethought said:

@Paul -

Was curious if you had any insight to this issue? I have tested this out and currently these are the only two things that do work while making payments in my app:

a. Saved Payment Account
b. Clicking "Save Account" while paying an invoice while not logged in to an account

I wish I had an idea of what's going on here. I think some further testing, outside of your live environment is in order.

1. Install a fresh copy of Blesta, run some tests using the included Stripe gateway
  2. Install a fresh copy of Blesta, run some tests using the 3rd party Stripe gateway

Do both work as expected? I think it's important to narrow down the issue to either a problem with the gateway, Blesta itself, or your specific installation. Running a test like this should help narrow it down. If you need a couple trial keys for these test installs send me a PM or open a ticket with us.

On 10/26/2016 at 4:42 PM, Paul said:

I wish I had an idea of what's going on here. I think some further testing, outside of your live environment is in order.

1. Install a fresh copy of Blesta, run some tests using the included Stripe gateway
  2. Install a fresh copy of Blesta, run some tests using the 3rd party Stripe gateway

Do both work as expected? I think it's important to narrow down the issue to either a problem with the gateway, Blesta itself, or your specific installation. Running a test like this should help narrow it down. If you need a couple trial keys for these test installs send me a PM or open a ticket with us.

@Paul -

Ok, I will send a support ticket for a couple keys as soon as I can.

Ok, after switching back to the default Stripe Payment Gateway bundled with Blesta, had all of my clients re-add their payment accounts, all issues have gone away. Clients payment account are now being auto-debited without issue, I can record payments, and the email link "Pay Now" works as expected. So that means there is some issue with the Stripe + gateway I had originally, and not really sure what though. I wish I could be more of a help but I am not a seasoned developer to troubleshoot what the issue was. :(

17 minutes ago, nolaghosting said:

I'm having a similar issue with the Blesta payment link.

My payment_url appears to have the full path of my installation "/var/www/vhosts/hostname/www.domain.com/html/client/etc..."

I don't see how to correct this - does anyone know?

What is Root Web Directory set to under Settings > System > General? It should be the full path to the document root.

Let's say Blesta is installed in /var/www/vhosts/hostname/www.domain.com/html/client/ *BUT* www.domain.com loads /var/www/vhosts/hostname/www.domain.com/ then that is the path to your Root Web Directory. Do not include any sub-directories after the root web.