Cron breaks on Google E-Mail

EidolonHost

Question

So... today, I suddenly got an e-mail from the server, noting that a segmentation fault had occurred from the cron it was running.

/bin/sh: line 1: 10692 Segmentation fault      /usr/bin/php /chroot/home/eidolon/eidolonhost.com/html/billing/index.php cron > /dev/null 2>&1 

I check what was wrong, it appears that the server is unable to download tickets. I check account details and update accordingly where necessary. Log into them after updating details, all good.

Still hanging. WTF. Is Google having e-mail issues today? Checking Google's Dashboard reveals no issues out of the ordinary... I even checked to see if the port for the connection was open in the firewall and it was.

Up until today, it was running just fine. Suddenly now I am watching that spinning circle taunting me even after I rebooted the server to clear any weird funkiness out, just in case.

13 answers to this question

7 minutes ago, Keiro said:

Nope, not the loaders. I even used your improved ioncube installer because it's actually better than my own installer. :P

Haha merci :), but the latest is: 

[root@youtube ~]# php -v
PHP 5.6.27 (cli) (built: Oct 14 2016 13:57:41) 
Copyright (c) 1997-2016 The PHP Group
Zend Engine v2.6.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2016 Zend Technologies
    with the ionCube PHP Loader (enabled) + Intrusion Protection from ioncube24.com (unconfigured) v6.0.5, Copyright (c) 2002-2016, by ionCube Ltd.
[root@youtube ~]# 

11 minutes ago, Licensecart said:

Haha merci :), but the latest is: 

[root@youtube ~]# php -v
PHP 5.6.27 (cli) (built: Oct 14 2016 13:57:41) 
    with the ionCube PHP Loader (enabled) + Intrusion Protection from ioncube24.com (unconfigured) v6.0.5, Copyright (c) 2002-2016, by ionCube Ltd.
[root@youtube ~]# 

Oh, so it is. Whoops. Updated, now we match in versions.

The spinning icon is still there in the Automation Tasks section... so it's obviously not fixed...

1 hour ago, Licensecart said:

You'll have to unlock the cron task when it unlocks. Google the forum if you wish to do it via the db :)

Looks like I'm in the clear after I removed the database entries... I'll give it a while longer, see if it encounters further issues before I call it good but your suggestion did the trick.

Hi,

Got this error:

/bin/sh: line 1:  6729 Segmentation fault      /usr/bin/php /chroot/home/user/domain/html/billing/index.php cron > /dev/null 2>&1

Different lines, I've noticed. Interestingly, the billing system is showing that all's green. Checking the Automation logs, I see it's to do with the e-mails again.

I'm thinking something's up with Google Apps because this is the second time this has happened and I made damn sure to update all account passwords accordingly. I've cleared out the logs and enabled debugging until we have this happening again so we can see exactly what's going on here.

Edit: Sidenote, it was also doing the spinner again. So... I've cleared it out... but one thing that I've noticed is that it seems to be not logging anything at all, as I have error reporting set to -1 in blesta.php

13 hours ago, Keiro said:

Hi,

So I signed into the account for one of our GApps e-mails and saw that there was an e-mail from Google of a login being blocked, supposedly from less secure apps. I had to turn it back on, so check your Google Apps account from time to time if you're using it to send e-mail!

Did this resolve it? A seg fault is unusual for such an issue (assuming google was rejecting the logins). If it continues to happen, I would suggest disabling the cron temporarily and running it manually after enabling error reporting. You might get more information about the error, though no guarantees with seg faults.

1 hour ago, Paul said:

Did this resolve it? A seg fault is unusual for such an issue (assuming google was rejecting the logins). If it continues to happen, I would suggest disabling the cron temporarily and running it manually after enabling error reporting. You might get more information about the error, though no guarantees with seg faults.

Not sure. I'm letting it run and see if it breaks again. It's hard to tell because it seems to typically break after 24-48 hours or something similar. But... it should hopefully be fixed now.

So far, it's appearing to have resolved it... such a strange issue, though. The only reason I even figured this out was because the cron log indicated it was having difficulties downloading tickets. Didn't say exactly what the issue was, just that it was constantly spinning that little spinner without any specific logging as to what might've been the cause... even with debug mode enabled.

9 minutes ago, Licensecart said:

Have you upgraded PHP by any chance?

Nope... been running on 5.6. That's the weird part.

[eidolon@eidolonhost ~]$ php -v
PHP 5.6.24 (cli) (built: Jul 21 2016 07:33:38)
    with the ionCube PHP Loader (enabled) + Intrusion Protection from ioncube24.com (unconfigured) v5.1.2, Copyright (c) 2002-2016, by ionCube Ltd.
[eidolon@eidolonhost ~]$