Google Oauth Login

mencargo

I believe we talked about this early on in development, and architected the login system to be able to support this later without too much trouble.

Would Blesta be able to support this for the client side two and only uses the information it has on the registration form?

So if I clicked on Facebook, It would import my full name, date of birth, email address, etc :).

Would Blesta be able to support this for the client side two and only uses the information it has on the registration form?

So if I clicked on Facebook, It would import my full name, date of birth, email address, etc :).

It's certainly possible, but we have not implemented anything yet.

Although I would consider it "nice to have" if the user could authenticate with Facebook or LinkedIn, for clients and staff we need an email in the account, so email providers would serve not only as authenticators but also to gather an active and trusted email address and link the account to that, so I would focus on Google, Gmail with > 600 M users and Google Apps with > 5 M companies.

If you are planning to add it for any OAuth service provider, I would suggest then to have settings to allow or disallow each one from a list of providers supported.

I would personally leave it only for Google and Hotmail, in that case, maybe Yahoo! when it gets to OAuth 2.0.

Although I would consider it "nice to have" if the user could authenticate with Facebook or LinkedIn, for clients and staff we need an email in the account, so email providers would serve not only as authenticators but also to gather an active and trusted email address and link the account to that, so I would focus on Google, Gmail with > 600 M users and Google Apps with > 5 M companies.

If you are planning to add it for any OAuth service provider, I would suggest then to have settings to allow or disallow each one from a list of providers supported.

I would personally leave it only for Google and Hotmail, in that case, maybe Yahoo! when it gets to OAuth 2.0.

In all likelihood it would be completely provider agnostic. You'd simply enter the authentication URL for each of the providers you wish to support, or perhaps check boxes from a set of supported (e.g. tested) ones.

• 1 year later...

Old thread, but any news on this? It's a real good solution to gather information from clients, without a hassle for them to fill in again all those info.

Thanks for pinging the feature. Nothing new on this, it is certainly possible to do but not many requests in the past year.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 1 year later...
5 hours ago, Benjamin Biswas said:

I am coming here after 1 year of last comment & seems no update yet. Badly needed this feature.

You want to sponsor it? Demand hasn't exceeded demand for most other new features we've been adding.

On 1/25/2024 at 1:56 AM, Paul said:

You want to sponsor it? Demand hasn't exceeded demand for most other new features we've been adding.

Why need to sponsor it, sir? Social media login is common feature now a days for any regular website, where visitor or client need to login. As we are not fully fresh with hosting business that means we already using or had using others billing panel, where have this features & our clients already habited to using it. Now if you have enough $$ & staff to do it free for us then do it. Else, develop it & release in your marketplace & charge few $$ for the modules. Who have need it they will purchase it & using it's, that's simple. As a hosting provider we are not only selling/reselling domain/shared hosting. We are reselling different company vps/dedicated servers/others products as well. So, you need to develop those modules as well for us & you can give us it free or as paid. But end of day, you must need to grow your modules collections if you want to get more & more sales for your billing panel.

1 hour ago, Benjamin Biswas said:

Why need to sponsor it, sir? Social media login is common feature now a days for any regular website, where visitor or client need to login. As we are not fully fresh with hosting business that means we already using or had using others billing panel, where have this features & our clients already habited to using it. Now if you have enough $$ & staff to do it free for us then do it. Else, develop it & release in your marketplace & charge few $$ for the modules. Who have need it they will purchase it & using it's, that's simple. As a hosting provider we are not only selling/reselling domain/shared hosting. We are reselling different company vps/dedicated servers/others products as well. So, you need to develop those modules as well for us & you can give us it free or as paid. But end of day, you must need to grow your modules collections if you want to get more & more sales for your billing panel.

You don't have to sponsor anything. We'll continue to add features based on demand, and when this rises in priority over other heavily requested items we'll consider adding it. Sponsored development lets you put your money where your mouth is. We find that people will up vote all kinds of features, but when they are willing to actually pay for them they show that they really need it. If you're not willing to pay for it, then it's probably not much of a requirement for you. Every feature we add has an internal cost to us, often significantly so, so we have to prioritize based on demand.

Regarding paid modules, that is an option, but a module that only 3 or 4 people would use would be priced considerably higher than a module 3 or 4 hundred people would use. Modules that drive demand are already being created by 3rd party developers, quite a few of them, actually. But an authentication scheme is neither a module or a plugin, but a core feature, one we would not be able to charge extra for.