License Module, invalid signature

Blesta Addons

i'm playing with the license module , when i want to validate the license i always get the status unknown , after so much search and debug, i found the validation is logging the key exchange in the log, but the in my plugin i get a null response for the requestKey() .

so the communication is done, but the license_manager is not returned the response because a verifySignature eoor or invalid .

where i should look to resolve this error .

NOTE; i have a old license module that i haven't the time to test it before , the module was dated 2014-09-26 . is this version is not compatible with the v4-b3 ?

1 hour ago, Blesta Addons said:

i'm playing with the license module , when i want to validate the license i always get the status unknown , after so much search and debug, i found the validation is logging the key exchange in the log, but the in my plugin i get a null response for the requestKey() .

so the communication is done, but the license_manager is not returned the response because a verifySignature eoor or invalid .

where i should look to resolve this error .

I got it working but I rewrote the majority of the system to get it to work though as it is being used internally only 

16 minutes ago, timnboys said:

I got it working but I rewrote the majority of the system to get it to work though as it is being used internally only 

i have also my own license system, but i client want to module to be licensed via license module (blesta) , he want to test the result before he pay the license module .

i can't give him the license module files because it was delivered to me just for test purpose , so i need to verify the working final code before i give him the files without the license module/plugin files .

1 hour ago, Blesta Addons said:

i have also my own license system, but i client want to module to be licensed via license module (blesta) , he want to test the result before he pay the license module .

i can't give him the license module files because it was delivered to me just for test purpose , so i need to verify the working final code before i give him the files without the license module/plugin files .

ah okay so the module you are trying to license is a license module itself?

not exactly sure why you are trying to license a license module?

because if I understand correctly you are saying you are trying to license a license module with blesta's license module?

14 hours ago, timnboys said:

ah okay so the module you are trying to license is a license module itself?

not exactly sure why you are trying to license a license module?

because if I understand correctly you are saying you are trying to license a license module with blesta's license module?

no,

my client was to re-sell his module , and want to use the license module of blesta to offer licenses .... for this he need now either purshase the license module addon or ask blesta team to offer him a trial module license .

i have a old license module but i can't offer him the files neither try to make a fix for files . for that i have asked a help from blesta team about this . is this related to the old files or to something else .

9 minutes ago, Blesta Addons said:

no i don't have any access to the license manager , i have requested the module for test purpose , and from that date i have not used it or tested it again .

It probably won't make a difference. If there's an invalid signature, that would explain the null response. Might be something wrong with your implementation.

7 minutes ago, Blesta Addons said:

i used the same example file in the dist folder .... and the same result ... the license server return the output of public_key but the remote script always fail to get the signature verify .

is there sothing i need to check specially ?

To be sure it's not an issue with v4 beta 3, would you be willing to test it on 3.6.2?

i have found the error , it was the php debugger . the signature is not equal to the verification because the response has a amore data for debugging

string(44) "r6VDlsU0Q9MMQglGOSMIfXJ3gIKb7GKCcv9focIsI2Y=" 

string(3659) "r6VDlsU0Q9MMQglGOSMIfXJ3gIKb7GKCcv9focIsI2Y=

148.9 ms

"

so i can confirm after disabling the php debugger in my test server i was able to use the license manager even if the older version .

Finnaly when we need to make a call request we need to disable any debugging system in the php as it return extra data in the response .

18 hours ago, Blesta Addons said:

i have found the error , it was the php debugger . the signature is not equal to the verification because the response has a amore data for debugging

string(44) "r6VDlsU0Q9MMQglGOSMIfXJ3gIKb7GKCcv9focIsI2Y=" 

string(3659) "r6VDlsU0Q9MMQglGOSMIfXJ3gIKb7GKCcv9focIsI2Y=

148.9 ms

"

so i can confirm after disabling the php debugger in my test server i was able to use the license manager even if the older version .

Finnaly when we need to make a call request we need to disable any debugging system in the php as it return extra data in the response .

Ah, that makes sense. That's a relief. What debugger are you using?

• 2 weeks later...

When I enabled the debugger and access something that normally loads fine, it returns in the red part at the top:

RuntimeException

Logging directory not found or is not absolute path.

Is there suppose to be a directory that's writable for this to work properly?

15 minutes ago, Paul said:

When I enabled the debugger and access something that normally loads fine, it returns in the red part at the top:

RuntimeException

Logging directory not found or is not absolute path.

Is there suppose to be a directory that's writable for this to work properly?

Yes , plugins/debugger/log should have writing permission .

maybe i need to add in the install a directory permission check before installing .

11 minutes ago, Blesta Addons said:

Yes , plugins/debugger/log should have writing permission .

maybe i need to add in the install a directory permission check before installing .

That solved it, thanks! I had to create the "log" directory as well. Probably a good idea to do a permission check, because it makes the system unoperable.

yes .. i will do it ... normally the log file should be with the plugin files, or i have missed it in packaging the files .

anyway i have updated the plugin for the check permission and i will update the package as soon as possible .

we will waiting your feedback about the debugging plugin :)

9 minutes ago, Blesta Addons said:

yes .. i will do it ... normally the log file should be with the plugin files, or i have missed it in packaging the files .

anyway i have updated the plugin for the check permission and i will update the package as soon as possible .

we will waiting your feedback about the debugging plugin :)

Your debugging plugin is helping me out quite a bit with PHP 7 testing.