Opensrs / Tucows

evolvewh

That is good news. I'm in the process of switching to resell.biz but I still have to manage these domains for the time being. I have to complimemt you guys on how clean the system is right now. I hope it never gets bloated and cluttered like some of the competitors.

It will never be like that, Blesta developers know what the market needs and only does what people need. no rubbish modules no one will never use.

That is good news. I'm in the process of switching to resell.biz but I still have to manage these domains for the time being. I have to complimemt you guys on how clean the system is right now. I hope it never gets bloated and cluttered like some of the competitors.

Thanks, it's intentional. I've seen some people complain that Blesta looks "too slim", but we did that on purpose. While we will be adding in additional support for a lot of things, or goal is to keep everything simple. The fact is that the multi-level, super long nav that our competitors have contains things most people never need. The way we implemented the plugin system, and designed things overall, reduces the number of links to those actually necessary and settings and things that aren't needed on a frequent basis are hidden away.

The problem for us I think, is that people are use to the clutter, but I'm hopeful that once they spend enough time in Blesta they will come to appreciate the way we handled the UI.

Thanks, it's intentional. I've seen some people complain that Blesta looks "too slim", but we did that on purpose. While we will be adding in additional support for a lot of things, or goal is to keep everything simple. The fact is that the multi-level, super long nav that our competitors have contains things most people never need. The way we implemented the plugin system, and designed things overall, reduces the number of links to those actually necessary and settings and things that aren't needed on a frequent basis are hidden away.

The problem for us I think, is that people are use to the clutter, but I'm hopeful that once they spend enough time in Blesta they will come to appreciate the way we handled the UI.

Blesta UI is the best I've seen to be honest, it's simple and easy to find things.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I was looking in the CORE - list for upcoming releases and I don't see OpenSRS / Tucows anywhere.  Is this being dropped for other development projects?

No. When we made the roadmap public all tasks by default were made private. As we move forward, most tasks will be changed to public or created as public. Even so, there will be tasks that remain private. Just because it doesn't show up at dev.blesta.com doesn't mean it's not in there. OpenSRS belongs to CORE-387.

OpenSRS was originally going to be the first module with reliance/integration with our planned domain registrar plugin, CORE-818. However, the plugin is going to take some time to complete and the demand for OpenSRS caused us to rethink this. It will be released prior to the plugin, and work similarly to all the other domain registrar plugins that ship with Blesta.

Thanks for the clarification.  I can't speak for others but I basically need it to import from whm** and just keep track of the expiration.  I've got a handful of domains that don't expire for 5-10 years and I need to track them.  They'll be transferred to resell.biz once the terms are up.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I know CubicWebs, that's why I posed the question here instead. :)

The lack of OpenSRS support and a referral system are the only things holding back my switch from Hostbill at this point.

I could be wrong but I believe the OpenSRS is coming with their new domain plugin which offers the table for registration, transfer, renew prices.

That would be nice and I think I could finally convert over.

Agreed, I want to move from Resellerclub myself to OpenSRS due to their buyout, I know the guys have been working on the new plugin but everything needs to be broken down for easy maintenance and a nice structure for their other registrars in the future, so it will take a while but hopefully not long as you want to move over and this is blocking you.

Agreed, I want to move from Resellerclub myself to OpenSRS due to their buyout, I know the guys have been working on the new plugin but everything needs to be broken down for easy maintenance and a nice structure for their other registrars in the future, so it will take a while but hopefully not long as you want to move over and this is blocking you.

I didn't know they were bought out but I plan on sticking with resell.biz

OpenSRS / Tucows has such high prices that I can't even be competitive so I just need the module to manage the existing domains there that don't renew again for many years down the road.

• 3 weeks later...

Is this open for access to anyone with a Blesta license or only a select few can get an account to login to this area?

If your a Direct customer to Blesta, you can get it from the download manager on account.blesta.com if your license is from a reseller it's up-to them.

If your a Direct customer to Blesta, you can get it from the download manager on account.blesta.com if your license is from a reseller it's up-to them.

I am a direct customer but I can't access that section of the site.  Guess I just have to keep waiting and see what happens.

Thanks!