Opensrs / Tucows

evolvewh

This is the response that I got from OpenSRS about creating a module for Blesta.  I'm hoping if more people contact them about it, they'll do it.

No we do not have any plans to create a module which would allow integration with the Blesta billing system, however, I have now submitted it to our Product Management team as a feature request for you.

Although our API can be integrated with many different 3rd party CRM systems, and most commonly with the ones mentioned in the link below, the only system we currently offer specific integration modules for is WHMCS. You can access the WHMCS modules we offer by selecting 'click here' next to the WHMCS item on the list.

http://opensrs.com/s...tegration/tools

• 1 month later...

Any update on this? HostBill now has a new bug making it impossible for our clients to manage their name servers, or disable/enable the registrar lock. Not a huge deal since we're small, but still a problem we shouldn't run into at this point.

Should have more information pretty soon.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Hi all,

I hate to be that guy, but since we can't see the page for the referenced item on dev.blesta.com, I was curious if there was forward movement on this, and any anticipated timeline on release for OpenSRS?

Blesta doesn't have a official one yet, but a member has made one it's in Alpha though: http://www.blesta.com/forums/index.php?/topic/3344-opensrs-alpha-101-relesed/#entry24527

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Guys, don't get offended, but it's really a shame to see this has still not been implemented.

The initial post on this thread was posted back on August 2013, today is October 2015 and http://www.blesta.com/forums/index.php?/topic/3344-opensrs-beta-107-relesed/page-7 doesn't show much progress.

We've purchased the full version of Blesta believing there is a great team behind it, however it now feels there is only on guy who is simply not capable to pull the load.

It is really sad to witness things, especially as important ones like OpenSRS integration, are going so slow. 

Guys, don't get offended, but it's really a shame to see this has still not been implemented.

The initial post on this thread was posted back on August 2013, today is October 2015 and http://www.blesta.com/forums/index.php?/topic/3344-opensrs-beta-107-relesed/page-7 doesn't show much progress.

We've purchased the full version of Blesta believing there is a great team behind it, however it now feels there is only on guy who is simply not capable to pull the load.

It is really sad to witness things, especially as important ones like OpenSRS integration, are going so slow. 

Blesta only do gateways and stuff which a lot of people need because it's a priority basis at the moment, PauloV has made a third party module you can use if you want it, otherwise you have to wait for more people to want it more than other things.

Again and again excuses and excuses. Guys, stop excusing yourself and just start delivering what Blesta users are expecting.

otherwise you have to wait for more people to want it more than other things.

is just ridiculous as you know perfectly well how many people asked and are waiting for OpenSRS integration. 

Again and again excuses and excuses. Guys, stop excusing yourself and just start delivering what Blesta users are expecting.

is just ridiculous as you know perfectly well how many people asked and are waiting for OpenSRS integration. 

Again with the un-paitence geez if you think it's so easy go and do it yourself… or just wait there's a third party module it's not the end of the world use it until Blesta has a official one… some people today.

Again with the un-paitence geez if you think it's so easy go and do it yourself… or just wait there's a third party module it's not the end of the world use it until Blesta has a official one… some people today.

Licensecart, stop being so much protective and just think: waiting for years simply can not be un-patience. It is really a shame Blesta devs are hiding behind "community" users like yourself to fight very natural criticism. I would like Blesta to be successful, that's is the reason I am spending my time here posting. Otherwise, I don't think people like yourself worth my time. Just stop playing advocacy for Blesta devs! It's not your job! 

Blesta devs, common, start delivering. OpenSRS is really important one!

OpenSRS requires the Domain Manager, which requires Blesta 4.0 and PHP 5.4+. There's an OpenSRS module already, that seems to be regularly maintained, which I would recommend for the interim: http://www.blesta.com/forums/index.php?/topic/3344-opensrs-beta-107-relesed

Chances are we will likely be focusing on the domain manager and domain registrar modules for 4.1. We know that better support for domains has been highly requested and long awaited, and are working on implementing the best solution.

Licensecart, stop being so much protective and just think: waiting for years simply can not be un-patience. It is really a shame Blesta devs are hiding behind "community" users like yourself to fight very natural criticism. I would like Blesta to be successful, that's is the reason I am spending my time here posting. Otherwise, I don't think people like yourself worth my time. Just stop playing advocacy for Blesta devs! It's not your job! 

Blesta devs, common, start delivering. OpenSRS is really important one!

Oh wait the wheel has already been invented and made, let's get VW and BMW to make a wheel because hey they make the car they should also include their own wheels because hey what's a car without a wheel?

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

How it is right now, my OpenSRS module, the only major things that cant do is "DNS records managment" and "Email Redirect", everithing else is working.

I have added also a PLUS that any outher Domain Registrar in Blesta have, you can set Diferent Prices for Register/Transfer/Renew, and execute some commands :)

Id love to see the how they (Paul/Mike/Tyson) will implement the new Domain System, because if wee see the plans, we can antecipate and convert the modules to be able to acelerate things and add more functionality.

My OpenSRS InternetBS, and outher Registrar modules that I have developped for outher people here, have more functionality than the native ones like eNom, for exemple :)

Try my Module, if you find any problems or have any ideas, please share to try to help you :)

Regards,

PV