Installation - Before Hitting /install

Scott Horsley

Hi guys,

Noticed this on a fresh 3.0.0 installation and only now decided it might be worth mentioning.

Oh noes!

Call to Model::makeDSN with invalid parameters, required array('driver'=>,'database'=>,'host'=>) on line 226 in /<site_root>/lib/model.php
This was before I hit the /install process which makes sense as to the reasoning of the issue, it just doesn't look very intuitive when dealing with a product that is "final" (I realise that is vague).

Replicating
Move your config/blesta.php file out of the way and hit any path (other than /install) in your browser.

I would think that an "Oh noes!" message would be not visible after moving to 3.0.0.

Note:
Just noticed that by default config/core.php still contains
Configure::set("System.debug", true);
Should this still be turned on at this point?

Hi guys,

Noticed this on a fresh 3.0.0 installation and only now decided it might be worth mentioning.

Oh noes!

Call to Model::makeDSN with invalid parameters, required array('driver'=>,'database'=>,'host'=>) on line 226 in /<site_root>/lib/model.php
This was before I hit the /install process which makes sense as to the reasoning of the issue, it just doesn't look very intuitive when dealing with a product that is "final" (I realise that is vague).

Replicating
Move your config/blesta.php file out of the way and hit any path (other than /install) in your browser.

I would think that an "Oh noes!" message would be not visible after moving to 3.0.0.

Already fixed for 3.0.1 (CORE-682)

Note:
Just noticed that by default config/core.php still contains

Configure::set("System.debug", true);
Should this still be turned on at this point?

Yes. The following in /config/blesta.php controls error reporting (if you upgraded from a beta version you'll need to add this line manually):

Configure::errorReporting(0);