Checkout With Custom Field

CraigA

Hello,

I have a custom field that has a regex to validate an IP address.  This works fine when I create a client manually, however, when I run through the checkout flow as a new customer I get this error:

Invalid custom field ID.

The custom field is invalid.

Any ideas?

-CraigA

I only had that issue when I was on the register page myself, but I seem to get orders so I think somewhere it could be something else. Since you posted it, i'm not the only one so I'll take it there's a bug.

The fields was required until I turned them off to no to check if it was something, same with Terms and conditions I unticked that box on the register form as it didn't show it.

Video: http://screencast.com/t/4FPqrwt0LPxv

Is there a temporary workaround for this?  My business is dead in the water right now :/

Try updating /app/models/clients.php (line 89):

$this->setCustomField($field->name, $client_id, isset($vars['custom']) && array_key_exists($field->name, $vars['custom']) ? $vars['custom'][$field->name] : null);

to:

$this->setCustomField($field->id, $client_id, isset($vars['custom']) && array_key_exists($field->name, $vars['custom']) ? $vars['custom'][$field->name] : null);