How to manually add a credit or a refund-credit toward a client's account

turner2f

Thank you Paul for this tip...

If you want to manually add a "credit" or a "refund-credit" into a client's account that they can use toward a bill or a future purchase -AND- that will not automatically be applied to any existing invoices then you should:

STEP 1 - Go to Settings > Company > Billing/Payment. Uncheck and save "Automatically apply loose credits". You may need to do this under Settings > Company > Client Groups also, if your Client Group settings are overriding your Company Settings.

STEP 2 - On the client profile page, under "Account Actions" - - > click "Record Payment" - - > Enter the amount  - - > select "In House Credit" - - > and DO NOT select any existing invoices that may be displayed.

• 2 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, phamhung said:

I don't see "In House Credit" option. I have double checked, only has one client group, and Automatically apply loose credits is unchecked.

How to refund-credit and re-activate the invoice please?

Thanks.

On the client profile page, under "Account Actions" - - > click "Record Payment" - - > Enter the amount  - - > Under the "Payment Type" dropdown select "In House Credit" - - > and DO NOT select any existing invoices that may be displayed.

On 12/14/2016 at 11:50 PM, phamhung said:

No, as I mentioned, I don't have that option. I only have ACH, Credit card, Check and Other in Payment Type. I also checked in Settings - Company - Billing / Payment - Accepted payment types, only ACH and Credit card there.

Client Profile, under Actions > Record Payment. It will be listed under "Payment Type". If it's not there, go to Settings > System > General > Payment Types. Is it listed here?