authorize.net ACH

evolvewh

I just worked with a client to setup an ACH payment account and they ran into issues with it.

They tried adding a checking account.

For some reason, they had to enter their routing number before they could enter their account number. I've attached the screenshot and the first field is account number.

Once they got both #'s entered and on to the review and confirm page, they were always forced back to the previous page and they weren't able to finalize the payment method.

There's nothing in the error logs to report. I'm using Blesta 3.6.2

Screen Shot 2016-12-09 at 11.20.35 AM.png

It sounds like they entered their bank info during an order, correct? A charge would have been attempted, and should appear in the Gateway logs. You can take a look at those logs' Output to see what the issue was.

You may see something like:

3|1|9|The ABA code is invalid||P|0|3690||0.53|ECHECK|auth_capture||John|Doe||1 Main St|City|CA|90001|US|||||||||||||||||8539E64391FDE8BC22418AC46D054E04|||||||||||||XXXX6789|Bank Account|||||||||||||||||

The error message would be the after the 3rd delimiter, i.e., "The ABA code is invalid".

Are there any similar messages for your client?

1 hour ago, Tyson said:

It sounds like they entered their bank info during an order, correct? A charge would have been attempted, and should appear in the Gateway logs. You can take a look at those logs' Output to see what the issue was.

You may see something like:

3|1|9|The ABA code is invalid||P|0|3690||0.53|ECHECK|auth_capture||John|Doe||1 Main St|City|CA|90001|US|||||||||||||||||8539E64391FDE8BC22418AC46D054E04|||||||||||||XXXX6789|Bank Account|||||||||||||||||

The error message would be the after the 3rd delimiter, i.e., "The ABA code is invalid".

Are there any similar messages for your client?

She was logged into her account trying to pay a renewal invoice. She said she couldn't get past the 'review and confirm' page because she was being sent back to the first step so there isn't anything in the logs and she never received any emails about it.

I should have done this sooner but I have sample data I'm testing with v4.0 b4 and it worked just fine for me to add an ACH account. It's very possible that it was user error on the clients part.

Additional Testing

If the user goes and adds ACH as a payment account, it works.

If they login to pay an existing invoice but they don't create a payment account and instead attempt to pay one time by ACH on https://domain.com/client/pay/method/, that's when they're unable to enter a routing number after entering an account number. I tried it by using the tab key and by using my mouse to put the cursor in the Routing # field and neither option works. I'm automatically redirected back to select 'New Payment Details' and 'Other Payment Options'.

This happens on v3.6.2 and v4.0 b4

Fixed in CORE-2308

In the mean time if you would like to make the change effective before our next release you can modify /public_html/app/views/client/client_accounts_ach_info.pdt where it has:

<div class="form-group">
						<?php
						$this->Form->label($this->_("ClientAccounts.ach_info.field_accountnum", true), "account");
						$this->Form->fieldText("account", isset($vars->last4) ? str_pad($vars->last4, 9, "*", STR_PAD_LEFT) : $this->Html->ifSet($vars->account), array("id"=>"account", 'class'=>"form-control", 'placeholder'=>$this->_("ClientAccounts.ach_info.field_accountnum", true)));
						?>
					</div>

And remove

"id"=>"account", 

1 hour ago, Jono said:

Fixed in CORE-2308

In the mean time if you would like to make the change effective before our next release you can modify /public_html/app/views/client/client_accounts_ach_info.pdt where it has:

<div class="form-group">
						<?php
						$this->Form->label($this->_("ClientAccounts.ach_info.field_accountnum", true), "account");
						$this->Form->fieldText("account", isset($vars->last4) ? str_pad($vars->last4, 9, "*", STR_PAD_LEFT) : $this->Html->ifSet($vars->account), array("id"=>"account", 'class'=>"form-control", 'placeholder'=>$this->_("ClientAccounts.ach_info.field_accountnum", true)));
						?>
					</div>

And remove

"id"=>"account", 

Awesome. Lines 13 - 18 for anyone else reading this.

<div class="form-group">
	<?php
	$this->Form->fieldText("account", isset($vars->last4) ? str_pad($vars->last4, 9, "*", STR_PAD_LEFT) : $this->Html->ifSet($vars->account),   array('class'=>"form-control", 'placeholder'=>$this->_("ClientAccounts.ach_info.field_accountnum", true)));
	?>
</div>

Quick update.  Instead of removing the id you can replace it with something unique like "ach_account" and make the same change to where it says "account" here.  This will make the label work properly for highlighting the field.  Minor difference.

@evolvewh @Paul

We can verify this bug for ACH.

Everytime we clicked to insert a routing number the page would "jump" back to the beginning of the whole process.

This happened regardless of whether it was for a "one-time" payment or for the "account payment profile".

@Jono

Does the modify code you posted fix this ?

And how do we get the "routing number" text field to be first ?

FYI - We are using version 4.b3

23 minutes ago, turner2f said:

@evolvewh @Paul

We can verify this bug for ACH.

Everytime we clicked to insert a routing number the page would "jump" back to the beginning of the whole process.

This happened regardless of whether it was for a "one-time" payment or for the "account payment profile".

@Jono

Does the modify code you posted fix this ?

And how do we get the "routing number" text field to be first ?

FYI - We are using version 4.b3

Yes, this code fixes the issue in all versions (3.x and 4.x). Do not use a beta version live, please. If you are testing it, just wait until b5 is released and the code will be there. To re arrange the fields, you'll need to know how to read code and reverse the coding in this same file to have the routing number first.

This was only a bug for a one time payment and there's no bug when adding a payment account.

• 1 month later...

@Jono

Thanks. 

In the 
client_accounts_ach_info.pdt   file

Original code

<div class="form-group">
                        <?php
                        ?>
                    </div>

===============================

NEW code

<div class="form-group">
                        <?php
                        $this->Form->label($this->_("ClientAccounts.ach_info.field_accountnum", true), "ach_account");
                        $this->Form->fieldText("account", isset($vars->last4) ? str_pad($vars->last4, 9, "*", STR_PAD_LEFT) : $this->Html->ifSet($vars->account), array("id"=>"ach_account", 'class'=>"form-control", 'placeholder'=>$this->_("ClientAccounts.ach_info.field_accountnum", true)));
                        ?>
                    </div>   

:)