Client Portal Link

MarkTheDaemon

Not sure if this is a bug because you can remove it or add it in, or rename it to billing home. I'm not sure if we have a if statement for if on a page show this else show that.

Where is the setting to remove/add/rename it? I've removed the Portal plugin and the link is still there which doesn't really make any sense to me.

Where is the setting to remove/add/rename it? I've removed the Portal plugin and the link is still there which doesn't really make any sense to me.

In the app/views/client/default/structure.pdt

remove:

<span class="button"><a href="<?php echo $this->Html->safe(WEBDIR);?>"><?php $this->_("AppController.client_structure.text_return_to_portal");?></a></span> 

Yeah I know, I've done that but we shouldn't be making end users remove bits of code if they don't want to keep the portal plugin.

You can do it yourself like:

{% if plugins.Portal %}
<span class="button"><a href="<?php echo $this->Html->safe(WEBDIR);?>"><?php $this->_("AppController.client_structure.text_return_to_portal");?></a></span>
{% endif %}

But if your going to be like, I don't want to do anything, has to be automatic. If your that lazy, time to close shop.

But if your going to be like, I don't want to do anything, has to be automatic. If your that lazy, time to close shop.

Great attitude.

I look at it from the point of an end user to try improve the software. Some end users will be technically competent enough to make changes here and there to get the set up working just for them which is fine. Other users just want the software to work and don't have the ability or interest in making code changes all the time to make something as basic as this work correctly.

This isn't an issue for me, I'll just remove the code, but I assumed that the developers here would want suggestions and feedback on how to improve the product for everyone. This includes companies that bill clients but perhaps not in the technical/web industry. Massive market. Don't just automatically assume that everyone that uses Blesta is competent in HTML/PHP.

Just my opinion, for what it's worth.

Great attitude.

I look at it from the point of an end user to try improve the software. Some end users will be technically competent enough to make changes here and there to get the set up working just for them which is fine. Other users just want the software to work and don't have the ability or interest in making code changes all the time to make something as basic as this work correctly.

This isn't an issue for me, I'll just remove the code, but I assumed that the developers here would want suggestions and feedback on how to improve the product for everyone. This includes companies that bill clients but perhaps not in the technical/web industry. Massive market. Don't just automatically assume that everyone that uses Blesta is competent in HTML/PHP.

Just my opinion, for what it's worth.

Yeah if the code was hidden like many of platforms, I would see the need for it, but when we're given 99.1% of the code to go in a file you know to remove a line isn't rocket science. I'm not a developer and I'm not the best at PHP I can do little tweaks though.

I do suppose you are right, they could have the if plugin is installed to show it. But it's the way you said "we shouldn't be making the end users remove bits of code" made me flip this morning, and I'm sorry but I don't think it's hard to do either code edits.

This isn't an issue for me, I'll just remove the code, but I assumed that the developers here would want suggestions and feedback on how to improve the product for everyone.

Yes, we do, and thanks for noticing that button. Assigned to CORE-704.

I do suppose you are right, they could have the if plugin is installed to show it. But it's the way you said "we shouldn't be making the end users remove bits of code" made me flip this morning, and I'm sorry but I don't think it's hard to do either code edits.

It may be simple for some to edit a line here and there, but then they have to merge them with every Blesta upgrade to persist the changes, because it's a core file. I can see it being a pain, and honestly, tons of people already have trouble searching Google, or even their own computer for information, and so I doubt their competency in finding where to edit a template in Blesta.