Full Service Invoicing

sØlk

Question

Hi,

we are currently looking for a new invoicing system.
blesta fits our needs for hosting / customer management but we also need to invoice our development projects.

Is it possible / is there an extension for billing hours automatically (there is an REST-Service in our Worklog-Tool) and configure custom costs per hour for each client?

I know it's not the "normal" use-case ;)

Thanks in advance

9 answers to this question

Lets say I'm using a VPS management platform. The billing plugin should charge the users account every hour until the balance hit 0. Once all the funds are depleted, the server/products should be suspended. If the customer adds more funds, the suspension will be lifted.

The invoice should be updated hourly as well but not inform the user about it over email. The invoice will be created once after the first billing cycle and then re-update every hour. New invoices should be created once a month.

2 hours ago, sØlk said:

Hi,

we are currently looking for a new invoicing system.
blesta fits our needs for hosting / customer management but we also need to invoice our development projects.

Is it possible / is there an extension for billing hours automatically (there is an REST-Service in our Worklog-Tool) and configure custom costs per hour for each client?

I know it's not the "normal" use-case ;)

Thanks in advance

You could bill via the Blesta API, as all public model methods are supported.

Something to note about manual invoices in Blesta though, if you're going to generate these manually. You can enter the hourly rate in the unit cost, and hours in the quantity. You can use a quantity of something like "1 35/60" to represent 1 hour, 35 minutes, which should simplify billing for hourly work.

I would love to build a project management type of plugin for Blesta to simplify this, or maybe the ability to import invoice items from CSV.

On 14.12.2016 at 6:38 PM, Paul said:

You could bill via the Blesta API, as all public model methods are supported.

Something to note about manual invoices in Blesta though, if you're going to generate these manually. You can enter the hourly rate in the unit cost, and hours in the quantity. You can use a quantity of something like "1 35/60" to represent 1 hour, 35 minutes, which should simplify billing for hourly work.

I would love to build a project management type of plugin for Blesta to simplify this, or maybe the ability to import invoice items from CSV.

You're going to build the hourly billing plugin? We want to move to Blesta but a few things are still missing, like the plugin and v4 stable.

27 minutes ago, Guardoo said:

Lets say I'm using a VPS management platform. The billing plugin should work like, it charges the user account every hour and updates the balance and invoice with it. Once the balance hit 0, the servers will be suspended. If the customer loads funds again, he can start up his VPS again.

Nice idea for a feature request: https://requests.blesta.com that should get a lot of +1's since it would be cool for vps providers, management companies who sell hours to do and webs designers maybe who want to charge per time.

On 3/16/2017 at 0:09 AM, Guardoo said:

Lets say I'm using a VPS management platform. The billing plugin should charge the users account every hour until the balance hit 0. Once all the funds are depleted, the server/products should be suspended. If the customer adds more funds, the suspension will be lifted.

i never see a like case billing system . normally it should generate a invoice in the end of the month with the amount to pay for the used hours . also how it should charge client without invoice ? so with this case it should have 24 invoice per day !!!

On 3/16/2017 at 0:09 AM, Guardoo said:

The invoice should be updated hourly as well but not inform the user about it over email. The invoice will be created once after the first billing cycle and then re-update every hour. New invoices should be created once a month.

this behavior is against the majority of countries law . normally invoice generated it can't be changed !!

Sure it can create the invoice once per month as long it charges the amount on a hourly basis from the users account balance it's fine. But Services like DigitalOcean for example, they let you go in a negative balance and then spam your ass for month to pay it. We want a true prepaid system, that allows you to use the product only as long as you've available funds.

On 06/04/2017 at 0:59 AM, Guardoo said:

Sure it can create the invoice once per month as long it charges the amount on a hourly basis from the users account balance it's fine. But Services like DigitalOcean for example, they let you go in a negative balance and then spam your ass for month to pay it. We want a true prepaid system, that allows you to use the product only as long as you've available funds.

Blesta system has not option to suspend service after x minutes from unpaid invoice . a helper plugin can do the trick for you .