Licensing question

compositor

Question

If I want to develop on Localhost and via a Public IP, do I need to have a developer license or would I be approved for at least a local and public domain?

I am used to using Perch where you can nominate Production, Staging and Development domains and it works very well; it's monitored against gaming and is a very modern approach so I was hoping Blesta would be similar in that regard.

5 answers to this question

31 minutes ago, Blesta Addons said:

i don't think, as they are two domains deferent .

I'm under the impression that to develop locally I'd need a developer license, which may or may not be available with a lifetime license.

I know Blesta is not a CMS but my intention is to build a site around it and while I'm happy to pay a monthly charge, having the luxury of being able to develop locally would save me alot of money in the medium term at least since I'd not have many (or any) customers to begin with.

Of course this could all be subjective as a lifetime license is just that and I am open to obtaining one as an investment but having to work remotely all the time is not my idea of flexibility.

I was hoping to be able to do this with WHMCS but alas, the assumptions made by those in charge of that platform were enough to turn me off even before a trial and then hearing how just about every file is encrypted really killed it before I even felt any level of trust.

I don't want to make what I see as the mistake of focussing on customers in the short term, when there are many other things to be concerned with such as Media Queries for CSS which as you may know take a great deal of time to develop not to mention intergrating with an existing CMS on the server side, and while it may not be the suggested approach; it is nonethless what I wish to do.