Runtime Exception Handling in Modules

Hogie

I am currently writing a module that requires a direct database connection to the service.  I am using the minphp-db code, but I am trying to figure out how to capture a connection error when I am testing it in the Module::addModuleRow code, but the system is capturing it and throwing up:   

Something went wrong.
SQLSTATE[HY000] [1045] Access denied for user 'xxxxxxx'@'remotehost' (using password: YES)

I'd like to figure out a way to capture that error so I can throw up an error to the user instead of a blank screen (which is what you get when Configure::errorReporting is set to 0).

Any ideas?  There is currently not an API available for what I am writing, so it needs to be a direct DB connection.

1 hour ago, Paul said:

Are you using the Record component? See https://docs.blesta.com/display/dev/Database+Access

I do not see how to connect that to a different database.  Not the blesta database, but a remote database for the system I am trying to get blesta to talk to.  Since I will have multiple of these database clusters, I can not set the blesta and the service's databases to be the same since multiple clusters would have overlapping table names.