PayPal payments are being posted as credits

turner2f

Question

10 answers to this question

Settings > Company > Billing / Payment: "Automatically Apply Loose Credits" must be checked. Also check client groups to ensure the same setting is enabled or settings are inherited from the company. Cron must be running.

They are posted as credits for recurring invoices because PayPal doesn't know what the new invoice # is each month, so it can't be applied directly to the new invoice.

@Paul and @Nelsa

Thank you. I will try both of your methods.

I had "loose credits" turned off for the following reason found at...

https://www.blesta.com/forums/index.php?/topic/4402-manually-email-invoices/&do=findComment&comment=49028

======

1) - So my best guess is to permanently keep "loose credits" ON , and to temporarily turn it OFF on an "as-needed-basis ".

Correct ?

---------

2) - Also, would I be able to have "loose credits" permanently turned OFF if I switch to Authorize.net ?

Look forward to your reply.

11 minutes ago, turner2f said:

1) - So I guess is to always keep "loose credits" ON , and to temporarily turn it OFF on an "as-needed-basis ".

Correct ?

You could, but honestly most people will want to keep it on. You can always unapply payments to edit an invoice, and then re-apply after you edit the invoice. In the other thread, you wanted to re-send an invoice. You can manually resend without editing it.

12 minutes ago, turner2f said:

2) - Also, would I be able to have "loose credits" permanently turned OFF if I switch to Authorize.net ?

Merchant gateways charge specific invoices, so had that been an Authorize.net charge, you would not have had that issue.

12 minutes ago, turner2f said:

@Paul

Concerning #2...

So with Authorize.net I can just leave "loose credits" permanently ON without issue, unlike with PayPal. 

PayPal does not target specific invoices, whereas Authorize.net does.

Correct ?

Re #2, it's irrelevant with Authorize.net. Since Blesta initiates the charge, Blesta is paying a specific invoice. The only way to have an Authorize.net payment that is not applied to a specific invoice is to manually process it under Make Payment, without specifying an invoice.

@Paul do you think it should have a mechanism to identify the recurring payment for wish service?

with some providers, when we make the Re-curring invoices payment, the system identify for wish service, and then apply the payment for the invoice related to it .

this behavior can be added to blesta ?

On 1/12/2017 at 2:50 PM, Blesta Addons said:

@Paul do you think it should have a mechanism to identify the recurring payment for wish service?

with some providers, when we make the Re-curring invoices payment, the system identify for wish service, and then apply the payment for the invoice related to it .

this behavior can be added to blesta ?

Identifying the service and applying the transaction to an open invoice linked to that service is a good idea. It's also possible that we could look for open invoices that are for the same amount of the transaction, but this would be less reliable. Does PayPal allow for this kind of meta data to be set up with the subscription?

11 hours ago, Paul said:

Identifying the service and applying the transaction to an open invoice linked to that service is a good idea. It's also possible that we could look for open invoices that are for the same amount of the transaction, but this would be less reliable. Does PayPal allow for this kind of meta data to be set up with the subscription?

i have not made a profound look in this with metadata . but i suspect it can related to the "custom" metadata .

identify the payment with the invoice amount is not a good idea . but it can be a second option maybe .