License Checker / Verification

Paul

You can now check to see if a hostname is using a valid license for Blesta at https://account.blesta.com/client/plugin/license_verify/

Over the past several months, we've found a number of Blesta installations that were nulled in production. If you suspect a company is using a nulled or invalid copy of Blesta, you can use this utility to find out.

If you find someone in violation, feel free to reach out to them directly to try to resolve the issue. Or, submit a ticket to us and we'll investigate and reach out to them. When people pay for Blesta it helps support development.

Tip! Follow the Tips on the page :blesta: 

Also, feel free to comment below if you have any suggestions.

• Paul pinned this topic
  • 1 year later...
13 minutes ago, timnboys said:

well blesta is for developers so if you want that code it yourself like I did along with my reseller api as well.

Ive already done this to mine, i said prebuilt into, not everyone that has license manager can add this themselves i was looking at it as the community as a whole not individual basis

• 5 months later...

Hi all.  I am nearly complete with a plugin for Blesta I would like to release in the market, but am not sure about the licensing in regards to Blesta's opensource policy etc. This will be the first time releasing a plugin to the market ever (on Blesta's coding standard of course).  Previous development was always for in-house development thus I have never developed a licensing part for scripts yet, neither manage it. 
I did some research and found some code that one can generate a license key and verify against API if the domain / ip and code is valid, and then other code to obfuscate and encrypt the development code, but don't know if it is the proper way to go.  I am planning on developing a Blesta plugin to handle customer licensing for the plugins/modules we sell. I really don't want the plugin to get nulled, or licensing to be bypassed on some way. As all will understand I need to be paid to have my job here, although I am pro for opensource and freeware.  I'm a total newbie when it comes to licensing.
Thanks in advance for your feedback.

3 hours ago, Chris van der Westhuizen said:

Hi all.  I am nearly complete with a plugin for Blesta I would like to release in the market, but am not sure about the licensing in regards to Blesta's opensource policy etc. This will be the first time releasing a plugin to the market ever (on Blesta's coding standard of course).  Previous development was always for in-house development thus I have never developed a licensing part for scripts yet, neither manage it. 
I did some research and found some code that one can generate a license key and verify against API if the domain / ip and code is valid, and then other code to obfuscate and encrypt the development code, but don't know if it is the proper way to go.  I am planning on developing a Blesta plugin to handle customer licensing for the plugins/modules we sell. I really don't want the plugin to get nulled, or licensing to be bypassed on some way. As all will understand I need to be paid to have my job here, although I am pro for opensource and freeware.  I'm a total newbie when it comes to licensing.
Thanks in advance for your feedback.

You can do the Blesta license manager but you have to pay for it to be added to your license then you can add it via: https://blesta.store/plugin/support_manager/knowledgebase/view/7/how-to-use-the-license-manager-plugin/

17 hours ago, Chris van der Westhuizen said:

Thank you Paul.  I read that I had to choose to add the addon when I bought a Blesta license. We already have a license for Blesta, and now cannot find the place to buy the addon.  Do you maybe have a direct link or a step-by-step to buy the addon?

you have to have a owned blesta license for buying the license manager.

to quote paul:

Just a note. The license manager has been released and is available as an addon within the client area for owned license holders for a one time cost of $100.

On 7/23/2018 at 11:16 PM, Chris van der Westhuizen said:

Thank you Paul.  I read that I had to choose to add the addon when I bought a Blesta license. We already have a license for Blesta, and now cannot find the place to buy the addon.  Do you maybe have a direct link or a step-by-step to buy the addon?

Login to the client area at https://account.blesta.com/client/login and click Manage next to your Owned license, then Addons on the left, and select it from the drop down menu. There are only 2 options, Support & Updates and the License Manager. Select the License Manager and continue to checkout. Once purchased, you can also use it on any dev licenses you have for non-production use.

• 2 years later...
2 hours ago, PERECEH said:

the client will not care whether the software used by the provider is a pirated (nulled) or original license ,,,

satisfied because the service is not a license .

As a customer of many online companies and hosting services, I would absolutely not to business with a company that steals software. If they go through the effort to steal the software that runs their company, you can bet it's the tip of the iceberg. It's not worth the headaches that they will be responsible for down the line. You can't steal with your left hand, and treat customers well with your right hand.