Deleting Support Tickets

evolvewh

@Paul or @Tyson

We really need the ability to delete these tickets, instead of having to go through PHPMyAdmin.

We had to leave our departments "wide-open" until an update can be made concerning the sub-accounts issue at

This leaves us open to getting spam, and constantly having to "close" them while they build up.

Is there a decent ETA on getting this function for the tickets ?

Or can you just "reverse engineer" the "Support Manager Pro" plugin so that it will work with Blesta v4.0 Stable ?

The "Support Manager Pro" plugin was practically perfect for everything many of us needed .

========

I recall Paulo V. mentioning that he/she was completely ok with Blesta taking over his/her Support Manager Pro plugin by " adding it to the core ".

And Cody saying, that, "A number of these features we have in mind for adding to the support manager" .

This was back in 2014.

We aren't going to include the Support Manager Pro with our distribution, it's not compatible and there's a lot of features that we don't think were implemented in the best way. I moved this task to the top of the backlog. As we continue with development for 4.1, if there is time, it will be considered for 4.1.

1 hour ago, Paul said:

We aren't going to include the Support Manager Pro with our distribution, it's not compatible and there's a lot of features that we don't think were implemented in the best way. I moved this task to the top of the backlog. As we continue with development for 4.1, if there is time, it will be considered for 4.1.

What you are doing for v4.1 ? Domains as plugin or refactor the domains modules?

@Paul

OK.

So are you saying that many of the same features that were in the plugin will be "cleaned-up" and then implemented into the core ?

If not, it would be great if we could get the "sub-account" issue resolved so we can allocate our ticket system for folks that only have a main account or sub-account.

Is the "sub-account" issue being reviewed for version 4.1 ?

Currently the support ticket system has to be "open" to everyone, even spammers .

On 4/20/2017 at 8:24 PM, turner2f said:

@Paul

OK.

So are you saying that many of the same features that were in the plugin will be "cleaned-up" and then implemented into the core ?

If not, it would be great if we could get the "sub-account" issue resolved so we can allocate our ticket system for folks that only have a main account or sub-account.

Currently the support ticket system has to be "open" to everyone, even spammers .

I don't think they have plans to implement much of anything, if anything at all from that plugin. They do plan on allowing us to delete tickets and they're adding filters on the admin side and the 'from' column. 

It looks like they were unable to re produce the other issue you're having and I know we get tickets from 'sub accounts' all the time as well. CORE-2361

On 4/20/2017 at 7:24 PM, turner2f said:

Is this the issue where contacts are unable to open or reply to tickets? We are unable to duplicate this after many hours of testing. https://dev.blesta.com/browse/CORE-2361 (Thanks @evolvewh) If you think it's still an issue, please do a fresh install of Blesta without any 3rd party extensions or modifications and try to duplicate. If you can, please provide exact steps.

@evolvewh

Thank you for your reply.

The "Deletion" and "Filtering" functions will be a welcomed update.

@Paul

Thanks for the reply.

I will give it another go concerning the "Sub-Account Ticket Bounce" ...

https://www.blesta.com/forums/index.php?/topic/8613-sub-account-emails-receive-a-ticket-bounce-email-notification/

https://dev.blesta.com/browse/CORE-2361

========

Before doing so, do you have an online demo of Blesta where I can test this out as an Admin and a Client ?

51 minutes ago, turner2f said:

Do you have this 'sub account' setup as an 'Additional Contact'? If so, there should be no issue with that Additional Contact opening a support ticket via email and getting it piped into the system properly.

add_contact.jpg

6 hours ago, turner2f said:

RESOLVED.

Super weird, man.

But I DIS-abled all the plugins, then RE-enabled them again.

Now the SUB-Account emails are coming through.

===========

Any idea as to why doing this worked ?

Cache Issue ?

Look forward to your reply.

If I had to guess, you only needed to disable and re enable any plugin(s) related to the support manager and it's very possible you had a conflict between the standard support manager and the support manger plugin pro that you were using. Caching could have been an issue as well.

Like Paul said, glad you got it figured out!

• 9 months later...

Hi Members

In my opinion blesta should focus a bit more on support manager as support is an essential part of small hosting companies and it will be good to have some additional features like 

1. Deleting unwanted tickets like spam ones , so that db will be having only those ones valid and needed ones, else db may grow and make the system eventually slow. 

2. Scheduling things like a follow up option for things we schedule like scheduling a billing task reminders ,  scheduling a ticket update or a migration at a particualr time , or check the status of things mentioned in a ticket after x days etc. This can be done in 2 ways like a 

2.a Reminder options for staffs for staff works and assign some works to be done by staff at a particular time. for example, change the EA3 to Ea4 at Sunday 11 PM PST 

2.b Ticket Follow ups , If any thing to be done ina ticket level , like updating to clients at a parituclar time, then we can do this at ticket level follow up.

These 2 will be great or atleast one of the above will be great. Now for all these we will have to use server level crons which is not a good solutions for all tasks. 

3.  Show casing the departments in the left side and the each status under them like in kayako. Like Sales Department ( Open/awaiting/onhold/closed) and only show open status of all departments by default 

4. Another thing is who all staff and admin is currently logged in the system . (please see the image attached) which will help techs / support staff /admin to know who all is currently in the system. 

5. Another good thing I have seen in whmcs is there is an optiion for clients to select the service /services which they are opening a ticket and ticket section will show the services which the client selected in light blue colour whihc will help us to know more on the exact service/product they are having issue at the moment as most of the clients will be in a hurry and will not add even which service or domain they are having issue and we may have to ask more details 

It will be good if you guys can get this done these will help to do things much more effectively.

Hoping to get a positive response from forum members. 

Department.png

12 hours ago, sumesh said:

1. Deleting unwanted tickets like spam ones , so that db will be having only those ones valid and needed ones, else db may grow and make the system eventually slow. 

This is going to be in 4.3, already done and sponsored by someone in the community.

I like most of your other ideas and would encourage you to create a new request for each one at https://requests.blesta.com with as many details as you can provide.

3 minutes ago, activa said:

Is a pain to read some task done only because is it sponsored !!!!! And the important tasks are waiting in backlog !!!!

Many people have asked for the ability to delete tickets. You don't think we should have done it? Sponsored items do not mean that other important things are not happening, they do not take away from time spent on other tasks, but result in more getting done overall. That's a good thing for everyone.

1 minute ago, Paul said:

Many people have asked for the ability to delete tickets. You don't think we should have done it? Sponsored items do not mean that other important things are not happening, they do not take away from time spent on other tasks, but result in more getting done overall. That's a good thing for everyone.

No it should be done. But i feel the most important task still not done. Like the way to set price for register and transfer and renew a domain. Every weekend i think more if i should begin my new week with a importer to move from blesta. The lock of  hosting businnes model in blesta is money lose for us.

3 minutes ago, activa said:

No it should be done. But i feel the most important task still not done. Like the way to set price for register and transfer and renew a domain. Every weekend i think more if i should begin my new week with a importer to move from blesta. The lock of  hosting businnes model in blesta is money lose for us.

I get it, you're waiting on something a lot of people are waiting on. Sponsored items are not detracting from that.

16 hours ago, Paul said:

I get it, you're waiting on something a lot of people are waiting on. Sponsored items are not detracting from that.

if this about the new domains, I hope is not going to be a complete rewrite, so it need some Tweak and enhancement for the packages or something else, we can stay wit the actual module system, but we can't stay with the unique price, we need price for first registration, for renew, and for transfer. after we should look in the order form plugin to make it a fully compatible with the hosting industry.

7 hours ago, Blesta Addons said:

if this about the new domains, I hope is not going to be a complete rewrite, so it need some Tweak and enhancement for the packages or something else, we can stay wit the actual module system, but we can't stay with the unique price, we need price for first registration, for renew, and for transfer. after we should look in the order form plugin to make it a fully compatible with the hosting industry.

They are working on a re-write as it is changing the whole way the domains interact with everything every module for domains will need to updated to work with the new system. The guys did the pricing refactoring but they are going to be making it so the table format can be changed by a module. Which is the table bit you need. But they need to work on the other bits they want to be done as it won't be backwards compatible so needs a full version, so the guys are working on smaller tasks whilst working on the domain refactor so customers can have other features which are easier to implement.

1 hour ago, BlestaStore said:

They are working on a re-write as it is changing the whole way the domains interact with everything every module for domains will need to updated to work with the new system. The guys did the pricing refactoring but they are going to be making it so the table format can be changed by a module. Which is the table bit you need. But they need to work on the other bits they want to be done as it won't be backwards compatible so needs a full version, so the guys are working on smaller tasks whilst working on the domain refactor so customers can have other features which are easier to implement.

The domain manager plugin will require a new version of Blesta that implements some supportive functionality, but we are using as much existing functionality as we can. The domain pricing grid is set within and handled by the domain manager plugin, not the module.

30 minutes ago, Paul said:

The domain manager plugin will require a new version of Blesta that implements some supportive functionality, but we are using as much existing functionality as we can. The domain pricing grid is set within and handled by the domain manager plugin, not the module.

What about the actual domains? Will they work with the new design ?