Deleting Support Tickets

evolvewh

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, evolvewh said:

Still no plans to add this feature to the core anytime soon?

No immediate plans for this, but we're open to the idea. Why do you want to delete tickets? We see deleting tickets as something that generally shouldn't happen, except under unusual circumstances. Which is probably why it has thus far not been implemented.

37 minutes ago, Paul said:

No immediate plans for this, but we're open to the idea. Why do you want to delete tickets? We see deleting tickets as something that generally shouldn't happen, except under unusual circumstances. Which is probably why it has thus far not been implemented.

I'm OCD for one!

We receive a lot of emails that are newsletters or even occassional spam that is sent to sales@ which is open to non clients and clients. We'd also like to easily clean up tickets from 2-3+ years for website development projects that we no longer need. It can be done manually but that's not a solution for everyone using Blesta. I personally feel that the Blesta user should have to option to delete or keep the support tickets that they want based on how they choose to run their business.

35 minutes ago, Paul said:

Yeah, I think that's what it comes down to and there are several areas we need to make similar changes to.

I do agree and I would have to imagine that it would help increase your sales while allowing the end user to have more flexibility. These types of changes can be implemented without making the system bloated or by adding clutter to the interface.

21 hours ago, Paul said:

IMHO, I believe that tickets fall under a different category than invoices or transactions, which cannot be deleted. We have multiple departments set up that anyone can email in to, and many of them are spammed constantly. Generally we just close the ticket, but an option to purge the ticket would be nice. We have no plans on deleting client or prospective client tickets, but if we want to review our support tickets, we have to sort through the spam to see tickets that really mean something.

As a temporary workaround, we could create a 'Trash' department that no one is assigned to, and transfer all the junk tickets there, but an actual delete option would be really nice.

52 minutes ago, John said:

IMHO, I believe that tickets fall under a different category than invoices or transactions, which cannot be deleted. We have multiple departments set up that anyone can email in to, and many of them are spammed constantly. Generally we just close the ticket, but an option to purge the ticket would be nice. We have no plans on deleting client or prospective client tickets, but if we want to review our support tickets, we have to sort through the spam to see tickets that really mean something.

As a temporary workaround, we could create a 'Trash' department that no one is assigned to, and transfer all the junk tickets there, but an actual delete option would be really nice.

Blesta have done that for packages at the moment in 4.0, and that's coming soon: CORE-1589

55 minutes ago, Licensecart said:

well we know you want domains :D which is more important? Domain manager refactor or deleting tickets?

I know it's about priority and time. Personally, I want to see the domains before ticket deleting but I don't want to undermine the importance of CORE-1589 either. Mainly wanted to keep this task in the spotlight as well.

20 minutes ago, evolvewh said:

I know it's about priority and time. Personally, I want to see the domains before ticket deleting but I don't want to undermine the importance of CORE-1589 either. Mainly wanted to keep this task in the spotlight as well.

I have updated CORE-1589 to simplify it a bit, please take a look and let me know what you think. The idea is that tickets can be deleted, and are processed after a period of time so that if it's accidental it can be recovered before it's gone.

2 hours ago, Paul said:

I have updated CORE-1589 to simplify it a bit, please take a look and let me know what you think. The idea is that tickets can be deleted, and are processed after a period of time so that if it's accidental it can be recovered before it's gone.

That would work or even to add the option of 'delete' to the update status option and then they are gone immediately. Whatever is easiest I suppose unless you want to have this more elaborate feature (which is really nice sounding, btw).

2 hours ago, evolvewh said:

That would work or even to add the option of 'delete' to the update status option and then they are gone immediately. Whatever is easiest I suppose unless you want to have this more elaborate feature (which is really nice sounding, btw).

At a minimum there would need to be some confirmation. I like the idea of a self-deleting trash bin. You can recover a mistake, but then not much effort beyond that. It's a little bit simpler than what was originally in the task. Feel free to nudge us on this again a little later. 

12 minutes ago, Blesta Addons said:

you compare a small fix with a huge task ?

if blesta team want , they can do it in the beta release :)

nope comparing a big task which is assigned for 4.1.x against small improvements, what would you rather have? A big feature or lots of small features?

4.1 is likely to consist largely of us mopping up a bunch of little tiny things, fixes/tweaks/improvements that have been on hold while we finished 4.0. We want to get 4.1 out fairly quickly, while also working on some more advanced features (domains) in the background. However, domains are not going to hold up any releases.

On 02/16/2017 at 7:40 PM, Paul said:

4.1 is likely to consist largely of us mopping up a bunch of little tiny things, fixes/tweaks/improvements that have been on hold while we finished 4.0. We want to get 4.1 out fairly quickly, while also working on some more advanced features (domains) in the background. However, domains are not going to hold up any releases.

After so many mounths in real production we found the real problem is not the domains modules, they need just a small twek and done . The real obstacle is the order form as is not totally adjusted to the hosting market .

4 hours ago, activa said:

After so many mounths in real production we found the real problem is not the domains modules, they need just a small twek and done . The real obstacle is the order form as is not totally adjusted to the hosting market .

There are areas that can be greatly improved with the domains that go beyond actually ordering a new one. They've been discussed in other topics on the forum.

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/16/2017 at 2:40 PM, Paul said:

Had to give up using the "User Manager Pro" extension since it seemingly does not work with Blesta version 4.0 Stable.

So we are now using the core version of the ticket system.

Really look forward to having at least three (3) functions added to the core version...

1) - The ability to delete tickets and their attachments

2) - The ability to have the Departments in a left-side navigation tab (folders) where we can allocate the tickets for user-friendliness

OR Alternatively, if we could have a user-friendly " filter function " for the Departments

3) - The ability to see the Client's name next to the ticket's name so that we can quickly identify THEIR ticket when viewing the list of tickets on the dashboard.

============

Look forward to your consideration.